Where in the UK can you make the most and spend the least?Read more…
Contacts, press releases and some of our recent media appearances
For all press enquiries, please contact
Spotlight interview with Jon Ostler, UK CEO
Press releases 2020
- Winners of the Finder Investing & Saving Innovation Awards 2020 announced
- Consumer sentiment towards digital-only banks falls almost three times the rate of high-street banks’ during lockdown
- Brits are most likely to own a face mask, poll of 15 major countries finds
- Two-thirds of employees plan to carry over annual leave into next year
- Brits are sending over 1.6 billion non-biodegradable masks to landfill every month
- 2 in 5 Brits have never switched their main bank account
- Annual cost of a pint research reveals where your city ranks ahead of international beer day on friday
- House hunting post-COVID: Having a garden is the top priority for Brits when buying
- The UK’s top and bottom cities for disposable income revealed for 2020: Aberdeen tops list, while Brighton is last
- The true cost of a free lunch: £500 worth of supermarket loyalty points needed to buy a meal deal
- Half of consumers are confused about how working from home during lockdown affects their home insurance
- COVID-19 puts 19 million off travelling abroad over the next year
- Are you a typical consumer with a savings account? Prepare to wait 535 years to buy a car with the interest you’re earning
- 6 million Brits will ditch shopping in-store for online shopping due to coronavirus
- Revealed: The local businesses set to suffer from a corona hangover and the sectors that might emerge unscathed
Boomerang generation: millions have moved home due to COVID-19
- Brits are saving £4.6 billion every week they are in lockdown
- The Finder Investment Challenge shows just how volatile 2020 has been for the UK’s most popular investment methods
- 60% of Brits admit to stockpiling in the lead up to lockdown
- Easter spending set to fall by £198 million as Corona financial pressures hit
- Coronavirus Headache: Resellers add 900% markup to paracetamol and essential items during pandemic
- Jan to March 2020 Cryptocurrency Predictions Report: Bitcoin price predicted to double this year, boosted by the upcoming halvening
- 12 million Brits aim to be meat-free by 2021
- Over half of Brits shop while drunk
- Revealed: The UK cities where locals can buy a property in the shortest (and longest!) amount of time
More guides on Finder
Investing predictions panel
2020 has been a turbulent year for investors. To help, our global panel of investing experts give their thoughts on markets and assets around the world.
Black Friday spending expected to increase to £6 billion
Across the UK shoppers are expected to spend an estimated £6 billion on Black Friday this year, which is an increase of £400 million on 2019’s estimated figure of £5.6 billion.
Buy now pay later (BNPL) statistics | 2020
Buy now pay later is the fastest growing online payment method in the UK. Discover the latest statistics on how it’s disrupting the payments industry.
Brits are sending over 1.6 billion non-biodegradable masks to landfill every month
The UK could be sending 53.5 million single-use blue surgical masks to landfill every day.
Mask usage in the UK and around the world
97% of Brits own a face mask, the most out of all the 15 countries in our global study.
Revealed: The UK cities where locals can buy a property in the shortest (and longest!) amount of time
The UK city where first-time buyers can purchase a property in the shortest period of time has been revealed to be Sunderland.
The boomerang generation: Why are people moving back home?
At least 10.5 million Brits (20%) have moved back in with their parents due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over a third of Brits have needed to use their savings during the lockdown
Over a third of Brits (36%) have had to use some of their savings since the coronavirus lockdown began on 23 March, according to personal finance comparison website, finder.com.
RBS to shut its digital challenger bank Bó
The Royal Bank of Scotland’s digital banking platform Bó is set to be closed just six months after it launched.
Ask an Expert