Also review our competition terms
- finder.com/uk (“finder”) is an information service that provides you with the tools and information you need to compare a wide range of products, providers and services. We do not provide information on all available products, providers or services so please appreciate that there may be other options available to you then the products, providers or services covered by our service. You should consider seeking financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
- We are not a product manufacturer nor are we owned by a bank, insurer or product manufacturer. While in some cases we may provide you with general financial product advice we don’t, and won’t, recommend specific providers, products or services. We want to provide you with the information and confidence to make an informed decision but we don’t know enough about you to provide you with personal advice about your specific needs or circumstances.
- In order to provide you with quotes, comparisons, factual information or advice we may need to collect some basic information about you such as your age, gender and occupation. By clicking “quote” or “enquiry” buttons you’re authorising us to provide your information to an adviser or business who will call you to provide you with personal advice about your options and available products. By doing this you are also consenting to us retaining your personal information so that we can contact you about other relevant services that we think might interest you (but you can “opt out” of this process at any time by simply withdrawing your consent).
- We compare insurance data, basic information such as interest rates and application fees. We do not assess if a particular product is suitable for you. Providing or obtaining an estimated insurance quote through us does not guarantee you can get the insurance. Acceptance by insurance companies is based on things like occupation, health and lifestyle.
- By providing you with the ability to apply for a credit card or loan we are not guaranteeing that your application will be approved. Your application for credit products is subject to the Provider’s terms and conditions as well as their application and lending criteria.
- We endeavour to ensure that the information and other content on our website is accurate and current but we can’t guarantee the accuracy or currency of the information on which we’ve relied. We suggest that you use your own judgment and review the product information before you make any decision about a financial product covered by our site. If you find an error in our data please let us know and we’ll correct our site.
- To the extent permitted by law, finder disclaims all liability to any person in relation to use of the website, and you waive all claims against finder in relation to your use of the website. finder accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to the website or its use or any website linked to this website, and does not represent or warrant that applications initiated through the website will in fact be received or made to the intended recipient. Users are advised to confirm the application by other means.
- The website includes links to other websites operated by community, business and government. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these. All linked websites are linked “as is” and finder does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this site; does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this site; does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking the website to those other websites.
- If you have a complaint or dispute in relation our service, please email our complaints handling office using the following email address: email@example.com
- The information and data on the website is subject to change without notice.
- finder may revise the Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, finder claims copyright ownership of all material on the website. You may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form (attaching a copy of this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use. finder reserves the right to revoke such permission at any time.
Selection & ordering of products
- We believe there is no perfect order or perfect ranking system for the products we list on our site so we’ve provided you with the functionality to self-select, re-order and compare products. Please don’t interpret the order in which products appear on our site as any endorsement or recommendation from us. There is no particular basis or system of awards or ratings for the products on this site. We’re happy to provide you with the tools you need to make better decisions, but we’d like you to make your own decisions and compare and assess products based on your own preferences, circumstances and needs.
- The products listed in the tables on our website are selected based on a number of features including but not limited to:
- Features: including, but not limited to interest rates, annual fees and penalty fees.
- Offers: the availability of offers in relation to particular products.
- Access: whether a financial institution is offering a particular product at a particular time.
- Range: Comparisons are not intended to be comprehensive of the market of available products and not all providers in the market will be included in our comparisons.
- Ranking: Where products appear on this site they should not be taken as ranking or endorsing any particular product above another in terms of its suitability for your use.
- Preferences: The identification of a group of products, as “Top” or “Best” is a reflection of user preferences based on current website data or defined product characteristics. On a regular basis, analytics drive the creation of a list of popular products. Where these products are grouped, they appear in no particular order.
- Qualification: Financial products compared do not compare features that may be relevant to you in your choices about which product to utilise. Where we state that we have analysed offers in the market, the process of analysis is restricted to the information subsequently disclosed and may not be suitable for your personal circumstances.
- Remuneration: Where our site links to particular products or displays “Enquire now” or “Go to Site” buttons, we may receive a commission, referral fee or payment in relation to your clicking of this link. In some cases we may receive remuneration for referring you to an adviser or product issuer. These arrangements vary but if you are referred to an adviser they will tell you what referral arrangements are in place.
- Deals and Offers: For offers, coupons, deals and discounts, we work hard to ensure that the product and promotional information on our site is current and correct at the time of publication, but providers may subsequently restrict offers, apply additional terms or only have limited qualities available. All deals and offers are subject to availability. Always check the provider’s website before applying for, or purchasing, anything.
Using the credit card eligibility service
Our credit card eligibility checking service is provided by HD Decisions (part of Experian). For more information about how HD Decisions will handle your details please read these terms and conditions.
Using the personal loans eligibility service
Our personal loan eligibility checking service in personal loans is provided by Accepty. For more information about how Accepty will handle your details please read these terms and conditions. The service checks your eligibility for loans provided by the following lenders:
- 118 118 Money
- Buddy Loans Guarantor Loan
- Everyday Loans
- Evolution Money Secured Loan
- Lending Works
- Likely Loans
- Loans by Mal
- My Community Finance
- Norton Homeowner Loan (broker)
- Shawbrook Bank
- The AA
- UK Credit
Using the energy calculator
The energy calculator available on our site is owned and maintained by a third-party provider.
finder is not responsible for the content nor do we provide any warranty about the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the calculator. We think it’s a useful tool but we warn you that:
- The potential savings shown by this tool are based on limited data and do not consider all providers.
- The calculated saving amount is illustrative only and may not accurately reflect the savings or offers available to you.
We encourage you to make your own investigation, or obtain advice, before you act on the calculation provided by this tool.
Registration and responsibilities.
To use our secure Services you must
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- have not previously been suspended or removed from our site;
- register; and
- comply with these Terms and any relevant laws.
Registration. In most cases, you can engage with our site anonymously. But, if you want to access some features of our site, you need to be a registered user.
To register for an account, you need to provide certain identifying information about yourself, including but not limited to your email address and other contact information and create a user name and password.
Remember, the finder community is built on us all being direct, honest and open, so by registering as a user you are agreeing to conduct yourself in accordance with these Terms.
Responsibility. You are responsible for your account, your information and the integrity and security of your account.
It’s best not to share your account details but, if you do share your information with anyone else, you’re authorising them to act on your behalf and authorising us to accept their submissions and instructions.
If you are worried that your account is not secure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you solve that problem.
Version Date: 17 October 2017
Ask an Expert