Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
BMW 7 Series insurance rates
Average BMW 7 Series insurance rates
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Despite its powerful engine and near six-figure price tag, insurance might be more affordable than you think. The average cost of auto insurance for a BMW 7 Series is $167 a month or $2,004 a year, about $700 higher than the national average.
Our top pick: Progressive
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance for your BMW 7 Series
Car insurance costs for BMW 7 Series
For a car starting at a base price of $81,500, it’s one of the cheapest luxury cars to insure, with an annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio of only 2.5%.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare insurance for the BMW 7 Series
Auto insurance is an expensive purchase that almost every driver makes but nobody hopes to use. But besides that fact that coverage is mandatory in all but a few states, auto insurance can provide protection and peace of mind on and off the road. With that being said, shopping for coverage can be tough, since policies can vary so much between providers. However, knowing what to look for can help you save both time and money. Here are a few factors that can help you compare your options.
- Price. Since policies and coverage can differ, it’s important to use the same details when getting quotes from providers. This will allow you to compare prices for similar coverage options.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount can directly affect the cost of insurance, so it’s important to choose an option that fits your financial situation.
- Minimum coverage. Almost every state has minimum coverage requirements. Ensure that your state’s minimums are met before purchasing a policy.
- Additional coverage. Many providers offer additional coverage that can add another layer of protection to your policy. Be sure to include these options when getting quotes to get a more accurate estimate.
- Extras. No-deductible glass repairs and accident forgiveness are two of many possible extras you may come across when shopping around. Find out what features are included on your policy and what you’ll need to pay extra for.
- Restrictions. Find out if there are any coverage restrictions to avoid denied claims or gaps in coverage.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Some manufacturers have partnerships with insurance providers. Ask BMW if you are eligible for any manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for BMW 7 Series?
Between your driving history, location, choice of vehicle and build options, there are a number of factors that can influence the cost of auto insurance. But because each make and model can vary in terms of performance, theft rates, safety features and other variables, your choice of vehicle can have a significant impact. Here are a few BMW 7 Series characteristics that might affect the cost of coverage.
- Body type. The 7 Series is a four-door sedan that’s designed for low-risk driving like commuting and daily driving. This could make for lower premiums.
- Type of car. Like most BMW models, the 7 Series is a luxury vehicle. These types of vehicles can be expensive to insure.
- Theft. Sedans are the most frequently stolen type of vehicle, which could make for more expensive insurance.
- Repairs. BMWs are notoriously expensive to repair, especially on the higher-end models. The increased cost of parts and service may increase the cost of coverage.
- Safety ratings. While the 7 Series doesn’t currently have official safety ratings, BMW vehicles are generally highly rated, which could lead to cheaper insurance.
- Fuel type. The 7 Series runs on gasoline, which might make it cheaper to insure compared to diesel or hybrid vehicles.
- Trim & packages. Choosing features that increase visibility, handling or safety may lead to lower insurance premiums. Features that improve performance or drastically increase price might make coverage more expensive.
Does the BMW 7 Series qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the BMW 7 Series:
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
BMW 7 Series reliability & safety ratings
At the time of writing, the BMW 7 Series doesn’t have official safety ratings from the IIHS or NHTSA. With that being said, most BMW vehicles have great safety ratings and come packed with a number of safety and driver assistance features that could help reduce the cost of insurance.
According to U.S. News and J.D. Power, the 2018 BMW 7 Series holds a 3.5/5 star reliability rating, which is above average for vehicles in its class.
BMW 7 Series maintenance
The 7 Series is BMW’s flagship sedan with a price tag that starts at just over $80,000. It’s designed to provide a quiet, comfortable driving experience and requires little maintenance to keep it on the road. With that being said, maintaining a routine service schedule can extend the life of your vehicle and ensure that it operates as it should.
- BMW suggests an oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months. Depending on how you drive your vehicle, you may want to consider having it changed more often.
- Oil changes should cost between $100 to $200, but your cost may vary.
- Newer BMW models come equipped with a Condition Based Servicing system and a Service Interval Indicator. Both of these systems will monitor your vehicle and let you know when parts need replacing and when the vehicle should be brought in for service. However, here is BMWs standard maintenance schedule:
|Engine oil||Every 10,000 miles or 12 months|
|Fuel filters||Every 20,000 to 40,000 miles|
|Oil filter||Every 10,000 miles or 12 months|
|Air filter||Every 60,000 miles|
|Coolant||Every 10,000 miles|
|Spark plugs||Replace them every 60,000 miles|
|Brake fluid||First 30,000 miles then every 60,000 miles after that|
Is an extended warranty worth it for the BMW 7 Series?
The 7 Series is backed by BMW’s standard four-year/50-000 mile warranty. This covers issues due to defective parts and service, along with free roadside assistance and a separate corrosion warranty.
Given the 7 Series’ price tag and BMW’s reputation for expensive repairs, the extended warranty can provide peace of mind once the initial warranty expires. It’s available in multiple terms and includes service from certified BMW technicians, OEM part replacements, mechanical breakdown towing and more.
Additionally, eligible 7 Series vehicles come with BMW Ultimate Care, which is a three-year/36,000-mile complimentary maintenance plan. There are other extended maintenance plans available for an extra fee.
About the BMW 7 Series
Introduced in 1977, the 7 Series is BMW’s flagship vehicle that is currently in its sixth generation. Starting at just over $80,000, the luxurious sedan comes packed with a number of industry-leading technologies and a 4.4-litre turbocharged V8 that pumps out nearly 450 horsepower.
The BMW 7 Series model has been around since 1977 and is the company’s flagship car. The car is known for its powerful engine, strong fuel economy and spacious interior. BMW uses the 7 Series line to introduce new and innovative technologies and exterior designs, then the latest ideas are adapted to the smaller sedans in the company’s lineup.
Compare BMW competitors
Find out what else BMW has to offer or explore other manufacturers to find models similar to the BMW 7 Series.
The BMW 7 Series is a top-of-the-line luxury sedan that delivers a balance between comfort and performance. It comes standard with cutting-edge technology along with a suite of safety and driver assistance features that could help reduce the cost of insurance. However, the cost of insurance depends on a number of different variables, so it’s important to compare your options to find out exactly how much you’ll pay.
Frequently asked questions about the BMW 7 Series
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Ask an Expert