We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Porsche insurance rates
Average insurance cost for a Porsche
The average insurance cost of a Porsche across all models is $187 a month, or $2,248 a year. You might be surprised at how affordable these luxury cars are to insure, with an average starting cost around $65,000 and a cost-to-base car price ratio of 2%.
- Pay by miles driven
- Low base rates
- Drive less, pay less
Our top pick: Metromile
Only pay for how much you drive with the Metromile app. Get rates from $29/month plus pennies per mile.
- Rates from $29/month plus pennies per mile
- Low-mileage drivers could save $611/year
- All miles over 250 a day are free
- Easy app and online claims plus 24/7 support
Find your Porsche model
Companies that provide coverage for Porsche
How a vehicle from Porsche affects insurance costs
Insurance companies look at several car-related factors when determining the cost of insurance, including the car’s safety ratings, its likelihood of being stolen, and replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility.
A Porsche’s high price tag equates to higher insurance premiums. And because owners will want to protect their investment, most will opt for more than just minimum coverage. However, the car’s good safety ratings and low theft rates help to temper insurance cost a bit.
Other factors that affect the cost of insurance include the model, mileage and trim package. Personal factors like your driving history, credit score and age also play roles.
Most, if not all, of the big-name providers will insure your Porsche. Shop around for the best deal.
Porsche car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Pros and cons of insuring a Porsche
- Good safety ratings
- Low theft rates
- Costly to repair or replace
About the Porsche brand
Ferdinand Porsche founded his eponymous company in 1931 in Stuttgart, Germany. Although not originally an auto manufacturer, Porsche designed the original Volkswagen Beetle.
During the 1940s, Porsche began hand-building its first car, the 356. The 356 was well-received by sports car enthusiasts. Building on their momentum, Porsche went on to develop many more successful models, including the iconic 911. Today, Porsche continues to produce high-performance sports cars sought after around the world.
Are there any standout Porsche models?
The Porsche 911 has been in production since 1963. The modern 911’s top of the line GT2 RS references the classic 911 while bringing it into the future.
Features include a 96.5 inch wheelbase, a top track speed of 211 mph and independent exhaust system with titanium rear silencers. The GT2 RS’s 3.8-liter six-cylinder twin-turbo engine produces 700 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque, while the 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung provides dynamic gear changes. Prices start at $293,200.
What’s Porsche Connect?
Porsche Connect is Porsche’s suite of intelligent services. You can use these services directly through your car or with your smartphone. Features include navigation, news, weather, emergency services and more. From your smartphone you can lock and unlock your car, find the location of your vehicle and control your Porsche’s climate.
Choose from several packages. Prices start at $115 per year.
What’s the Porsche Driving Experience?
Since 1999, Porsche has offered unique driving and racing experiences for Porsche enthusiasts with several driving facilities across the US. This is a unique opportunity for drivers to test out a Porsche they’re thinking of buying, learn how to race or just have some fun driving around in a sporty car.
- Porsche Sport Driving School – Enroll in the racing curriculum and even earn your racing license from a team of professional driving instructors at this race track in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Porsche Experience Center – Atlanta and Los Angeles race tracks offer driving experiences and driver training courses to explore the capabilities of different Porsche models.
- Porsche Driving Tours – Tour packages include driving time in a Porsche and also hotel, tours and activity planning. Current road options include the California coast and Route 66, and prices start at around $9,000 for a five-day tour.
Porsche car facts
- Porsche AG was founded in 1931 and is known for manufacturing high performance German cars.
- Porsche cars have won more than 24,000 races across the world.
- Ferdinand Porsche, the founder of the company, created the first hybrid electric car in 1899. The car used an internal combustion motor as a generator.
- Wondering how to pronounce this German brand’s name like a car expert? It’s “Por-shuh,” said with two syllables, not one.
Compare Porsche competitors
Need help considering some other car manufacturers?
Porsches aren’t cheap, and neither is the insurance to cover one, so be sure to shop around to find the best car insurance for you.
Frequently asked questions about Porsche
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Ask an Expert