Discovering what coverage fits your needs is made simple through Liberty Mutual.
Car insurance through Liberty Mutual will give coverage options for almost any situation. Passengers, family members, and you can be protected under the various features available, including times when your family rides with other drivers.
- Multi-car discount
- Bundle discount for combining auto and home policies
- New vehicle discount
- Roadside assistance
- Accident forgiveness
- Collision coverage
- Better car replacement
- Coverage for every location
- Discounts: Multi-policy, exclusive group savings, preferred payment methods, new to Liberty Mutual, vehicle safety features, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, teen driver, good student, new graduate, newly married, new move, newly retired
- Coverage Minimums: Varies by state
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Review
Liberty Mutual makes the process of purchasing car insurance understandable and easy. The website includes ways to get quotes, check coverage mandates by state, and even help identify what exactly you need from your car insurance. As far as the types of coverage available, Liberty Mutual in no way lacks. Medical, repairs, replacements, and more are covered by various policy features and add-ons.
Benefits of Liberty Mutual Car Insurance
A host of benefits are offered when you choose Liberty Mutual for car insurance, and just a few are listed below:
- Roadside assistance. Tows, jump starts, emergency fuel, changing flats, and unlocking vehicles are available 24-hours a day.
- Accident forgiveness. If you are accident-free and violation-free for 5 years your first car accident will not raise your rates.
- Collision coverage. The cost of repairs are covered when your car is damaged by another car or object.
- Better car replacement. Should your car be totaled you can get money to cover a better car with 15,000 fewer miles and a year newer.
- Coverage for every location. Liberty Mutual can assist with getting a policy that meets your state’s specific requirements.
Features of Liberty Mutual Car Insurance
Choosing the right insurance involves making sure that exactly what you’re looking for is offered. Liberty Mutual offers a range of features to get you the protection you need.
- Bodily injury liability coverage. Medical expenses, legal fees, loss of income, pain and suffering, and funeral costs are covered for the other party when you are found legally responsible for a car accident. Legal defense costs are also covered if you are sued for damages by the injured party.
- Property damage coverage. Repairing and replacing property that you’ve damaged with your car will be covered under this. This can be anything from a tricycle in a driveway to another vehicle.
- Medical payments coverage. Whether or not you are at fault, initial medical coverage for you and your passenger(s) will be covered. This also includes any injuries family members who are living with you sustain in another person’s vehicle or as pedestrians.
- Collision coverage. Any repairs needed as a result of an accident that involves a collision with another vehicle or an object, such as a pylon or a fence, will be covered under this optional feature.
- Comprehensive coverage. Repairs needed due to fire, theft, or other non-collision damages will be paid for when you opt for comprehensive coverage.
- Deductible fund. An additional feature that can be added, this allows you to keep a pool of money available to put towards your deductible in the event of an accident. Every year that you keep this feature, Liberty Mutual will add $100 to the fund.
- Coverage calculator. If you’re unsure of what types of coverage are right for you, Liberty Mutual offers a free system that allows you to determine what best fits your needs and your budget.
- New car replacement. As a standard feature, in the event that your car is completely totaled Liberty Mutual will pay for a new car so long as your car is under a year old and has less than 15,000 miles on it.
- Better car replacement. An additional feature that can be added, no matter the age or mileage on your car, if it is totaled you will receive the money to replace it with a better car that is one model year younger and has 15,000 fewer miles.
- Rental car reimbursement. This will cover the cost of rental car as long as your car is in a Liberty Mutual-approved shop for repairs from an accident.
- Teachers auto insurance. If you are an educator there are extra features that come along with your policy including $0 deductibles in the event that your vehicle is vandalized or damaged in a collision when on school property or attending school events.
How to Apply for Liberty Mutual Car Insurance
Applying for coverage means providing details about drivers and the vehicle you are looking to insure. Below you can find just what you’ll need in order to get a quote started and get your application on its way.
- Name and date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Residential address
- Vehicle information, including estimated annual mileage
- Prior insurance
- Claim and credit history
- Education history and employment status
When choosing the insurance that’s right for your car, Liberty Mutual has options to keep you covered in almost any situation, and tools to help you figure out what you need. Between the amount of coverage and the discounts that you can receive, Liberty Mutual provides policies that can fit all of your needs and your budget.