Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
BMW X2 insurance rates
Compare car insurance for your BMW X2
Get the cheapest quotes for your BMW X2
Just enter your ZIP code and click Compare.
Get insurance quotes for your X2
What factors affect insurance for the BMW X2?Insurance rates for the BMW X2 are based on theft rates, vehicle performance, repair costs and other factors that vary between makes and models. Here’s how the X2 compares to other vehicles.
- Type of car. The BMW X2 is an SUV, which tend to be pricier to insure.
- Theft. Theft rates for this car are low, which may lower the cost of insurance.
- Repairs. Repairs for this car are average, which typically leads to average insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. This car has good safety ratings, which typically makes cars cheaper to insure.
- Fuel type. Cars with gas engines are usually slightly cheaper to insure than other fuel types.
- Trim. Generally, your insurance goes up when you opt for a pricier trim level or more features upgrades. Popular trim levels for this model include the sDrive28i, xDrive28i and M35i trim, depending on the model year.
- Coverage. For an SUV, you might consider a policy with your state's required coverage with high liability limits plus collision and comprehensive coverage. And the more coverage you have, the higher your insurance rates.
- Warranty. New X2s come with a 1-year, unlimited mileage warranty from BMW plus roadside assistance.
- Manufacturer deals. Currently, BMW is offering Monthly lease payments of $409 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $35,255 (MSRP of $40,295, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $2,665 customer down, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $1,375 and $500 Lease Credit, $500 Loyalty/ Conquest Certificate). You can also find other financing deals from BMW by checking with your local dealer.
What discounts does the X2 qualify for?You could save money on car insurance for your BMW X2 if it comes equipped with certain safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Safety device discount