Average insurance cost for an Aston Martin
The average insurance cost of owning an Aston Martin depends on the provider, your driving history, your credit history and other factors. But in 2017, an Aston Martin was among the most expensive vehicle brands to insure. In general, you can expect to pay upwards of $2,700 a year — or about $225 a month — to insure these high-end wheels.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Find your Aston Martin model
Compare car insurance for Aston Martins
It takes a high-end provider to be willing to underwrite your sleek and powerful Aston Martin. You’ll find a few big-name providers that offer coverage for Aston Martins, but you may need to look into specialty insurers of exotic vehicles and sports cars. This type of coverage is sometimes called classic auto insurance.
How a vehicle from Aston Martin affects insurance costs
The sky-high price of an Aston Martin means high insurance costs. Repairing or replacing this beauty is expensive, so your insurance premium will also be expensive. Although these cars are typically equipped with great safety features and are rarely stolen — both factors that usually help to bring down insurance costs — the price of an Aston Martin makes it costly to insure.
Aston Martin car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Are there any standout models?
According to Aston Martin, its first ever hypercar the Valkyrie will come “as close as possible to a Formula One car without being restricted to the track.” This street-legal race car is being co-developed with Red Bull Advanced Technologies and will come equipped with a 6.5-liter V12 engine, an advanced mid-mounted powertrain and all-carbon fiber bodywork. Only 150 Valkyries will be made, with a predicted price tag of $3.9 million.
Pros and cons of insuring an Aston Martin
- Not commonly stolen
- Manufactured outside the US, which ups the price of insurance
- This luxury car’s astronomically high price tag means equally pricey insurance
About the Aston Martin brand
Headquartered in the UK, the century-old Aston Martin produces today’s most stylish — and coveted — sports cars. It’s said that the company manufactures only some 5,000 cars a year, adding to its exclusivity.
Named partly for founder Lionel Martin, Martin and his company partner Robert Bamford manufactured their iconic luxury cars sparing no expense out the gate. Aside from financial trouble that came out of war times, the company has enjoyed relatively long stability and respect among serious collectors. In fact, August 2017 saw the most expensive British car ever sold at auction: a 1956 Aston Martin DBR1/1 sold at Sotheby’s California Concours d’Elegance for a whopping $22.6 million.
What’s Q by Aston Martin?
Q by Aston Martin is a personalization service that allows Q customers to work with a design team to create their own unique, custom car. Aston Martin’s goal for its Q customers is to create the ultimate Aston Martin.
Aston Martin car facts
- They’re not only some of the most expensive cars out there, but Aston Martins are also among the most expensive vehicles to insure. You’ll typically want more than just minimum liability coverage for this sports car, expanding your protection through an umbrella policy and comprehensive coverage.
- How much you’ll pay to insure your Aston Martin varies depending on how much coverage you’re looking for.
- Not every insurance company sells specialty or high-end car insurance. Compare providers specializing in high-performance car insurance.
- Aston Martins are built for safety — which, for any other car, would result in lower insurance rates. But because of its exclusivity, an Aston Martin isn’t stringently tested by the federal government, affecting official safety ratings available. Without safety ratings, you’re on the hook for expensive insurance.
Aston Martin competitors
Need help considering some other car manufacturers? Compare all car makes.
The cost of insuring an Aston Martin is high, but we’re guessing that if you’re lucky enough to be able to afford this luxury car, you can afford the insurance. But be sure to shop around to find the best car insurance for you.
Frequently asked questions
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: