We’re going all the way up!”
–Fred Schebesta, Co-founder finder.com
We spend hours of our waking lives perusing the internet. We’re looking up information, commenting on posts, liking photos, and sharing videos. Like a cigarette break, we spark up our smartphones to fill the gaps in the day.
Holy Batman! The internet is bigger than cigarettes. Maybe even bigger than Jesus. At any rate, because you have an ounce of entrepreneurial spirit, at some point you recognize you need to know how it all works and if you could make money from it — at the least, you wonder if you could put something out there that people would care about.
So between your nine-to-five or your education, you take yourself to “Google University” devouring digital marketing blogs, tutorials, and podcasts. You play with a few mediums (that may or may not include Medium), and you realize you are addicted to creating content, crunching analytics, listening to feedback, and figuring out where to take it next.
Perhaps this is where we are catching you. Or maybe this was years ago and you have a few digital marketing jobs, clients, and businesses under your belt. So, let’s cut to the chase:
We’re building a close-knit content team, and we want exceptional people.
We have a multi-million dollar business in Australia that started the same way you did — with a thirst for rocking the internet. It grows by 50% every year. And now we’re going global, which includes the United States. We have offices in New York City and Santa Monica, but we also have a string of people working remotely allover the country. Nonetheless, there is still A LOT to do. We need more driven teammates that understand how to put quality content online. And that, just maybe, we can hang out with every day.
To be the magical comparison tool that helps get unfamiliar decisions made.
The core task at hand. What this means is that we have an opportunity to CRAFT content that speaks to the user, get users to insights faster, write headlines that deliver and more.
Why are we expanding to the US and why do you care?
Finder is a self-funded Australian company. We’ve been around for about 10 years and are just at the beginning of expanding into the US. What does that mean? It means:
- We get to operate like a startup, but with financial backing from the Australian business
- We get to compete in a huge market with new approaches, fresh thinking and creativity
- You get to join a team right at the beginning and watch the team and business grow into something special
- We need some help!
Where else are we?
Who we’re looking for
We have offices in NY, Santa Monica and are open to remote positions too – most importantly, what we need is people who can do the following:
Master Google Docs
We’re not just looking for people who know how to make a copy of a document, we’re looking for people who know the keyboard shortcut for adding a link (CMD+K by the way) or people who know how to make a Google Doc spreadsheet sing.
Bend WordPress to their will
Our technology runs through WordPress and we have a pretty advanced and easy to use set up but WordPress is still brutalist publishing for the web – you can’t escape the machinery and artefacts of the technology. So you’ve gotta be comfortable with page templates, tagging and custom fields.
Post on the internet with tenacity
Listen it’s 2017 and you can’t work in digital media without putting content live on the internet. We’re not talking about Twitter and Facebook, but people who have 5 tumblrs, an expired YouTube account, a podcast, write their own blog and just love pushing content through the various networks of the internet. Not just fluent in writing but producing.
Our standards of quality
We believe that we should always be publishing and that perfection should not get in the way of good. But we do so knowing that we continually push ourselves every day to improve our process, existing content, and strategy. We take quality seriously. This takes a lot of work, and is another reason why we are looking for more help! Here are some examples of this:
- We have a 2,000 word brief template that is designed to set up our content researchers and writers for success.
- We have a 5 tab excel spreadsheet dedicated to each topic we need to keyword research and each audience we need to slice.
- Every week we review and analyze our UTTR (Up and To The Right) report. It’s a breakdown of our site’s analytics and we always want to be going in that direction.
- We believe in the insights of crowds. Everyone on the team knows how to publish and works together constantly to notice inconsistencies and improve the overall site. All are also welcome to bring ideas cross-departmentally.
Why apply to finder.com?
- If you are hungry for autonomy and ownership
- If you want fewer approval steps to get pages live on the internet
- If you want a chance to compete in a competitive industry
- If you want to work with the best digital marketing minds in the world
- If you understand that meeting the user’s needs is the #1 job of any content piece
- If you want to craft something special
- If you want to be recognized and rewarded for your contributions
Our Core Values
These are the values that brought us success and keep us going. If they resonate with you, rest assured they are real.
Work as a team to achieve our goals and overcome obstacles. It’s about: Working together to achieve common goals, alignment, fellowship, collaboration, teamwork, camaraderie.
Get empowered to take action. Be smart, passionate and have the right attitude, doesn’t matter your age or experience, and we’ll give you challenges that’ll help you grow. Pass this on by giving users the confidence to make informed decisions.
Be Straight Up
Tell it like it is to our customers and each other. Educate our users by providing fluff-free, factual information. Communicate directly about what we think and feel in a constructive and respectful way.
Have a bias toward action and are proactive, but don’t forget about quality. We set high standards before we go live. Always be experimenting and don’t be afraid to test things out. Learn and pivot as 1 crew.
Master your craft
Become a master of your craft, be the best and be number one to win. Never stop learning; be curious. Benchmark yourself against the world.