We’re going all the way up!”
— Fred Schebesta, Co-founder of finder.com
We spend hours of our waking lives perusing the Internet. We’re looking up information, commenting on posts, liking photos and sharing videos — filling the gaps in our day. But — holy Batman! — the Internet is bigger than cigarettes. Maybe even bigger than Jesus.
At some point you need to know how it all works and whether you can make money from it — or at the least you wonder whether you can put something out there that people will care about. Amid your nine-to-five, you attend “Google University,” devouring digital marketing blogs, tutorials and podcasts. You play with a few mediums (that may even include Medium) realize you’re addicted to creating content, crunching analytics, listening to feedback and figuring out where to take it all next.
Perhaps this is where we’re catching you. Or maybe this was you years ago and you’ve now a few digital marketing jobs, clients and businesses under your belt. Let’s cut to the chase.
The seats on the rocket ship
We’re always scouting for others who are ready for the journey. We accept submissions from anyone who’s passionate and excited about what we’re doing. Here’s the nuts and bolts of the roles we’re currently hiring for:
|PR Coordinator||Bring your relationship building hustle, pitching perseverance, flair for creative writing and relentless research skills to generate high quality coverage from media and influencer sites.|
|Publisher||Generate relevant nonpaid traffic — organic search engine traffic, content marketing traffic, direct traffic, referral traffic and all other ways to get inbound traffic — for product comparisons that convert into referrals for our advertisers.|
|Assistant Publisher||Project manage content production that helps grow organic traffic to a vertical. Coordination, strategy, critical thinking and attention to detail are essentials for this role – you’re the front line when it comes to content development on finder.com.|
|Graduate Publisher||For recent grads, help coordinate content production and data management in the pursuit of building organic traffic to finder pages. WordPress, SEO, journalism and data management/analysis skills preferred.|
|Content marketer||Research, analyze and visualize data. Produce and research content marketing campaigns that result in high-quality links and shares from our target audience.|
|Editor – Credit Cards||Work with publishers and copywriters across our comparison website to create remarkable content that users engage with and can’t help but read. Distill, own and bring to life our editorial voice throughout our content.|
|Writer||Work with publishers and editors to create guides and reviews that help break down complex topics into easy to understand language; helping guide our readers through some of the most important financial decisions of their lives.|
|Publishing Support – Remote||Join a growing, global company and gain work experience along with a long-term career. Publishing support helps finder.com grow and manage our website by helping with research tasks, formatting, analysis and data management.|
Are you a freelance writer?
We’re looking for writers who can dedicate 10+ hours a week creating reviews and guides that will empower people to make smart financial decisions.
you have something unique to offer that’s not relevant to our job board? Send an email to adrienne.fuller[at]finder.com with the subject line “I want in!” and include your resume, qualifications and what sets you apart as a candidate.
We’re building a close-knit team — and we want exceptional people.
We are a multimillion dollar business in Australia that started off the same way you did: with a thirst for rocking the Internet. This great experiment grows by 50% every year, and now we’re going global — which includes launching our rocket ship across the United States.
Our US HQ is in New York City with a string of people distributed all over the country. And there’s still a lot to do. We’re looking for driven teammates that understand how to put quality content online. And that, just maybe, we can hang out with every day.
To be the magical comparison tool that helps get unfamiliar decisions made.
This is our core task at hand. What this means is that we have an opportunity to craft content that speaks to the user, get users to insights faster, write headlines that deliver and more.
Have what it takes to wow us? We’re looking for college students or recent grads to bring their hunger, out-of-the-box ideas and passion for problem solving to the team. We’re looking for interns in:
- Communications & PR internship: Are you a communications major with a knack for connecting with others? A natural-born networker and relationship builder? We need interns to help our PR department with outreach, analysis, social media, content marketing and pitching.
- Writing & editorial internship: Writing is an art form. We need writers with a natural talent for wordsmithing and distilling complicated problems into layman’s terms. If you’re an up-and-coming writer or editor who wants to grow your skills with some of the industry’s top content creators, consider interning with our editorial department.
- Data viz & content marketing: Numbers get you going, finding patterns amid chaos comes to you naturally and you have front-end coding and graphic design skills. If this sounds like you, finder wants you on our team of content marketers creating visually stunning ways to present rich data to our readers.
- Business development: If you’re an economics major, pair with one of our publishers to help them understand their category’s performance. You will analyze and manage data, manage data, audit products for accuracy and compliance and create revenue projections.
- Graphic design & photography: If you love images, bring that love to finder.com. We’re looking for photographers with an eye for patterns and composition and graphic designers who love creating one-of-a-kind illustrations for use as backgrounds, infographics, header images and more. And if you’re both, we especially want to hear about you.
Do you have what it takes? Can you commit to 20 hours a week or more? If so, email us at email@example.com with what you’re interested in and what you think you can bring to finder.com, along with samples of things you’ve put on the Internet.
Why are we expanding to the US — and why should you care?
Finder is a self-funded Australian company. Around for about 10 years now, we’re at the beginning of expanding into the US. What does that mean?
- We get to operate like a startup — but with the financial backing of an Australian business.
- We can compete in a huge market with new approaches, fresh thinking and creativity.
- You get to join a team at its beginnings, watching it and the business grow into something special
- We need your help!
Where else are we?
Who we’re looking for
Our office is in New York City, but we’re open to adding to our distributed team. Most important, we need people who can:
Master Google Docs
We’re not just looking for people who know how to make a copy of a document. We’re looking for people who know the keyboard shortcut for adding a link (CMD+K, by the way) and how to make a Google Doc spreadsheet sing.
Bend WordPress to their will
Our technology runs on WordPress. Despite our advanced and pretty easy setup, WordPress is still brutal when it comes to publishing on the Web. You just can’t escape the machinery and artifacts of the technology.
If you’re comfortable with page templates, tagging and custom fields, we want to hear from you.
Post on the Internet with tenacity
Listen, it’s 2018: You can’t work in digital media without putting content live on the Internet.
We’re not talking about Twitter and Facebook — more people who have five Tumblrs, an expired YouTube account, a podcast, write their own blog or just love pushing content through the various networks of the Internet. Not just fluent in writing but producing.
Our standards of quality
With a belief in always publishing, we don’t let perfection get in the way of good. But we push ourselves every day to improve our process, our content and our strategies. We take quality seriously — another reason we’re looking for more help! Here are some examples of what’s out there for your help:
- We have a 2,000-word brief template designed to set up our researchers and writers for success.
- We have a five-tab spreadsheet dedicated to each topic we need to keyword research and each audience we need to slice.
- Weekly we review and analyze our Up and to the Right report — a breakdown of our site’s analytics. We always want to go in that direction: up and to the right!
- We believe in the insights of crowds. Everyone on the team knows how to publish and works together to flag inconsistencies and improve the overall site. All are welcome to cross departments with ideas.
Our core values
These values bring us success and keep us going. If they resonate with you, rest assured that they’re real.
Work as a team to achieve our goals and overcome obstacles. It’s about coming together to achieve common goals, alignment, fellowship, collaboration, teamwork and camaraderie.
Get empowered to take action. Be smart, passionate and have the right attitude — no matter your age or experience — and we’ll give you challenges that’ll help you grow. Pass this on by giving users the confidence to make informed decisions.
Be straight up
Tell it like it is to our customers and one another. Educate our users by providing fluff-free and factual information. Communicate directly about what we think and feel constructively and respectfully.
Have a bias toward action and proactivity — but don’t forget about quality. We set high standards before we go live. Always experiment, and don’t be afraid to test things out. Learn and pivot as one crew.
Master your craft
Become the best and No. 1 to win. Never stop learning. Be curious, and benchmark yourself against the world.
Ask an Expert