As a broker, Budget Insurance searches a number of different car insurance providers to find you the best deal.
Whether you’re simply looking for third party insurance or want cover for any eventuality, check out our analysis of Budget Insurance before you buy.
Who is Budget Insurance?
Founded in 1996, Budget Insurance is an insurance broker that works with a huge list of providers. It offers home, car, van and life insurance policies with varying levels of cover for each.
What are Budget Insurance’s levels of cover?
Budget offers three possible cover options.
To drive your car on the road in the UK you will need at least third party car insurance. All it protects against is the costs that arise from any damage done to other people’s cars if something happens that is your fault.
Third party, fire and theft (TPFT)
Popular with drivers of less valuable cars, TPFT insurance covers damage to other people’s cars as well as insuring your own car against fire or theft.
If you love your car and want it safe in any event, you’ll likely want to opt for comprehensive cover. This will include loads of great extras like a courtesy car, personal injury cover and cover for windscreen damage.
Budget Insurance’s most expansive cover option is comprehensive, but you don’t necessarily need to go for that to get the level of cover you need. Budget offers a number of additional extras so you can up the level of cover, even if you’ve decided on their cheapest cover option. These include:
- Motor legal insurance – this will cover the legal costs of claiming money from uninsured drivers, any legal expenses that arise from an accident you’ve been in as well as help recovering any lost earnings resulting from incidents involving your car.
- Breakdown assistance – no one wants to worry about the cost of a callout after you’ve already suffered a breakdown (and this is the UK remember, it’s probably raining). No worries, extra breakdown cover can be added to any Budget policy.
- Personal accident cover – When the worst happens, having some cover to make sure you can access the care you need can really be a weight off your mind.
- Guaranteed replacement car – if driving is a huge part of your life, being left without a car is a disaster. With this added extra, you don’t need to worry about being stranded.
- Keycare cover – here’s one for the scatterbrained: get extra cover for the high costs of replacing lost or stolen keys and replacing locks.
What types of car insurance are available?
Budget Insurance offers single car insurance – it doesn’t offer multi-car cover.
Compare Budget insurance’s car insurance policies
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What is covered under my policy?
Budget insurance offers two levels of comprehensive car insurance. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be covered for damage to third party vehicles or property, as well as your own car.
Have a look at the table below to see what the two cover options from Budget insurance offer.
|Product Name||Budget insurance Third party, fire and theft||Budget insurance Comprehensive|
|Damage to your car||✓|
|Damaged windscreen and window glass||✓|
|Fire and theft||✓||✓|
|Personal accident cover||✓|
|Liabilities to third parties||✓||✓|
|Using the car abroad||✓|
|Permanently fitted audio equipment||✓||✓|
What is my excess?
The excess is the amount you will be expected to pay before your insurer will cover the costs of any claim.
This amount should be refunded to you if the damage done to your car was caused by an uninsured driver, if you have comprehensive cover.
All insurance providers must state in your policy documents what’s not covered. It’s important that you read these documents in full, but in general Budget Insurance excludes payments for:
- Damage caused by incorrect fuelling or maintenance
- Theft that results from you not locking your car or leaving your keys inside or on top of your car
- Damage done when driving a car that you are not insured to drive
What is the claims process for Budget Insurance?
You can make a claim by calling Budget Insurance’s 24/7 claims hotline on 0344 412 2127. You’ll need to have your policy number to hand, as well as your name and address. If the claim is about an incident in which the police have been involved, it would also be a good idea to have your crime reference number and the details of any witnesses.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.