Read our guide to the key features of a RIAS car insurance policy and find out if it’s right for you.
RIAS specialises in comprehensive car insurance and believes that drivers over 50 should pay less to insure their car.
Who is RIAS car insurance?
Established in 1992, RIAS is the trading name of Ageas Retail Limited and offers a range of comprehensive car insurance policies so that customers can have the peace of mind that comes from knowing they are protected.
What are RIAS’s cover options?
RIAS provides comprehensive car insurance for drivers aged 25 and over. All policies come with a range of features and benefits and optional extras.
RIAS offers a number of great benefits, including:
- Courtesy car provided as standard – for when your car is being repaired by an approved repairer.
- Uninsured driver promise – if your car is hit by an uninsured driver your excess will be reimbursed and your no claims discount reinstated.
- Onward travel cover – if you are in an accident and your car can’t be driven RIAS will arrange transport for you and your passengers to get home or to your planned UK destination.
- Wrong fuel cover – unlike some providers RIAS will pay to drain and flush your fuel tank and cover any damage to your engine if you accidentally put the wrong fuel into your car.
What’s covered under my policy?
RIAS’s comprehensive car insurance policies cover you for a range of situations, such as:
- Cover for accidental or malicious damage to your vehicle, including vandalism
- Cover for the cost of replacing your windscreen or window glass
- Personal accident cover in the event of injury or death when travelling in, or getting in or out of your car
- Medical expenses if you or a passenger is injured in an accident involving your car
- Personal belongings lost or damaged in your car due to fire, accident or theft
- Replacement of your key, lock transmitter or entry card if it’s lost or stolen
Does RIAS car insurance offer any optional extras?
RIAS offers a number of optional extras that you can add to your policy to tailor the cover you need. These optional add-ons include:
Legal expenses cover. Covers any costs if you need legal advice to settle a dispute.
Breakdown cover. Offers three levels of cover when you’re on the road.
Replacement car cover. Will cover the cost of replacing you care if it’s stolen or written off.
Excess protection. Reimburses the excess in the event that you get into an accident.
Key protection. Offers cover in case you lose the keys to you car, home or office.
Personal accident cover. Protects you in case you suffer a bodily injury.
How do I make a claim?
If you get into a car accident, it’s important to collect information so you can file your claim. Full details of the other drivers, including their phone numbers, and the registration numbers of all vehicles involved are some of the details that will help you speed up your claim.
It’s also important to call the 24/7 hotline as soon as possible after the accident to make your claim.
- Access to an award-winning claims service from Ageas Insurance Ltd
- Provides a courtesy car as standard, as long as you use an approved repairer
- Offers wrong fuel cover to drain and flush your fuel tank and cover any damage to your engine if you accidentally put the wrong fuel into your car
- Provides emergency overnight accommodation if your car can’t be driven after an accident