We’ve analysed Insure OK’s temporary car insurance, which offers cover from as little as 1 hour up to 30 days.
The temporary car insurance through Insure OK gives policyholders the most comprehensive level of cover as standard, and this broker says that any claims made under a temporary policy won’t affect a customer’s annual no claims discount. Here’s what else you need to know.
Compare temporary car insurance quotes
Who is Insure OK?
Insure OK is a home and motor insurance broker specialising in telematics (“black box”) technology. It provides cover for cars, vans, taxis and young drivers by fitting a black box device to your vehicle. By monitoring the driving and braking habits of a driver through this device, Insure OK says it can accurately calculate how much your premium should cost.
The broker’s temporary insurance is arranged and administered by Dayinsure.com Ltd.
Insure OK will accept almost anyone with a valid and full UK driver’s licence and can also cover customers who hold a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand and South African driving licence and have done so for at least six months (or three months if you’re aged over 25).
Insure OK is a trading name of Fresh Insurance Services Group Ltd, which was set up in 2002.
Insure OK policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from just 1 hour up to 30 days.
- Comprehensive cover. The highest level of cover comes as standard. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase with the process taking around 15 minutes.
What does Insure OK’s comprehensive cover include?
Here are some of the benefits of Insure OK’s temporary car insurance:
- Accidental damage
- Fire and theft damage
- Accident recovery
- Third party EU cover
- Emergency treatment
- Legal liability
- Legal expenses
- Full EU cover (optional)
- Breakdown cover (optional)
Can anyone take out Insure OK temporary car insurance?
Unfortunately not. To get short-term car cover, both you and the car must meet Insure OK’s eligibility criteria.
- Be aged 18-75
- Hold a UK, EU, EEA, South African, Swiss, Australian or New Zealand driver’s licence and have had it for at least three months (or six months if you’re aged under 25)
- Have had no more than two fault claims in the previous three years
- Have had no more than 9 penalty points and no disqualifications in the previous 18 months
- Have had no motoring offence relating to specified offences (in the previous three years or six months depending on the offence)
- Have not been convicted of any criminal offence in the previous five years
The car must:
- Be registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- Have a market value of less than £75,000
- Have no more than eight seats including the driver’s seat
- Not have had any cosmetic or performance-related modifications (some other modification exceptions apply)
- Not have been imported
- Not be used to carry goods or passengers for hire or reward
- Not be used to carry hazardous goods
- Not be driven at any hazardous location
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding a voluntary excess or increasing it – which should lower your premium.
All temporary car insurance policies offered to Insure OK customers have a compulsory excess of £250 up to £1,250, depending on the length of cover required, the age and experience of the driver and the age and condition of the vehicle amongst other factors.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Insure OK?
You should call the Dayinsure claims line on 08000 156 166 to make a claim. This 24-hour claims line is open 7 days a week.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Your own insurance policy details
- Details about the incident
- Names and contact details of everyone involved in the incident such as third parties, passengers and witnesses
- Details about the damage or injuries sustained
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident straight away, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Pros and cons for Insure OK temporary car insurance
- Comprehensive cover as standard
- Making a claim won’t affect a no claims discount built up on an annual policy
- The cover can begin instantly
- Cover from as little as one hour
- Limited third party EU cover as standard
- Cover for a maximum of 30 days only
- Can only pay upfront
- No changes allowed once policy has started