Right Choice Insurance Brokers car insurance review
Find out about the car insurance on offer through Right Choice Insurance Brokers to see if it's right for you.
What's in this review?
- Who is Right Choice Insurance Brokers?
- What are Right Choice Insurance Brokers' levels of cover?
- What is covered under my Right Choice Insurance Brokers policy?
- General exclusions
- How to save on your car insurance policy through Right Choice Insurance Brokers
- What is my excess?
- What is the claims process for Right Choice Insurance Brokers?
- Frequently asked questions
Right Choice Insurance Brokers says it can find great deals even for convicted drivers and specialist cars. Here’s what you need to know.
Who is Right Choice Insurance Brokers?
Right Choice Insurance Brokers caters to a range of drivers, including young drivers, convicted drivers and taxi drivers. It can also arrange insurance for drivers of specialist vehicles such as modified, imported and high-performance cars.
The broker also offers van, motorbike, motor trade, business and home insurance.
Right Choice Insurance Brokers also trades under Pink Pound Insurance, AutoAid Breakdown, Autonational Rescue, EuroRescue, Bike Devil and Naked Pet.
What are Right Choice Insurance Brokers’ levels of cover?
Right Choice Insurance Broker’s Third Party cover
Third party cover is the minimum level of cover that is offered by Right Choice Insurance Brokers. To be on UK roads, all drivers are legally required to have at least this level of car insurance. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to third party vehicles or property. You won’t be protected for any damage to your own car.
Don’t assume this is the cheapest option because it offers the least protection. Sometimes, this cover may work out more expensive than comprehensive. Check each cover level to see which offers the best value for you.
Right Choice Insurance Broker’s Third Party Fire and Theft cover
You’ll get the same level of cover as third party but this will also provide protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
Right Choice Insurance Broker’s Comprehensive cover
This is the greatest level of cover on offer and will provide the same protection as the other levels as well as insuring your vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism.
It’s always worth getting a quote for comprehensive cover, as in some cases, it can be cheaper than lower levels of cover due to the risk profile of customers who choose them.
What is covered under my Right Choice Insurance Brokers policy?
|Cover benefits||Third party||Third party, fire and theft||Comprehensive|
|Liability to other people and property||✓||✓||✓|
|Fire and theft||✓||✓|
|Motor legal cover||✓|
|EU cover for max 30-day trips twice a year||✓|
|Audio equipment cover||✓|
Check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
Right Choice Insurance Brokers offers extras you can bolt onto your policy, including:
- UK breakdown cover
- European breakdown cover
- Key cover
- Excess protection
Any cover arranged through Right Choice Insurance Brokers is likely to become invalid if any of the following arises:
- Your car is being driven by an unnamed driver on your policy or by a person that does not have a valid driving licence.
- Your car is used for rallies, races or competitions.
- You fail to pay for your premium.
- You change your car during the policy term to a car that the insurer cannot cover.
- You do not provide the correct documents to support your application.
Check your policy for further details to confirm your cover is valid.
How to save on your car insurance policy through Right Choice Insurance Brokers
- Check comprehensive. Contrary to what you might think, comprehensive cover can be cheaper than third party (TP) or third party, fire and theft so it’s always worth checking. This is because of the risk profile of many people who get TP.
- Park securely. Cars kept in a garage or on a secure driveway are usually cheaper to insure.
- Reduce mileage. If you start working part-time or your long commute becomes much shorter, letting your insurer know about a reduction in your mileage could result in cheaper insurance.
- Increase the excess. Agreeing to pay a bigger voluntary excess could make your overall premium cheaper. But remember that your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. So be careful about making it too high, as it could leave you out of pocket if damage occurs.
- Pick a smaller car. Choosing to drive a small and safe car is likely to lower your premium.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
A voluntary excess is normally an amount set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess, which could in turn reduce your premium.
Meanwhile, a compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Right Choice Insurance Brokers?
There is no Right Choice claims helpline – you will need to check your policy documents and call the claims helpline listed there. The claims helpline listed will be specific to the insurance provider you’re with.
You’ll need to have your insurance policy details as well as all facts about the incident to hand.
It’s important that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. A delay in reporting an incident or failure to report it could result in a rejected claim later on.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Best car insurance for over 50s in the UK right now We've reviewed and rated the best car insurance providers out there in the UK for over 50s.
Mazda RX-8 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Mazda RX-8 based on the driver's age and location.
Peugeot 107 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Peugeot 107 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Windscreen cover Discover why taking out windscreen replacement cover for your car could save you pennies in the long run.
Hyundai i20 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Hyundai i20 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Mazda MX-5 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of insurance for a Mazda MX-5 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Mazda 3 insurance group and cost Compare the average cost of car insurance for a Mazda 3 based on the model version, the driver's age and their location.
Car insurance excess Your comprehensive guide to car insurance excess, what it is and when it needs to be paid.
Compare car insurance by make and model We compare and break down insurance prices by brand, car model and vehicle specs.
Nissan Note insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of insurance for a Nissan Note in the UK based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.