QuoteMeHappy car insurance review
We’ve analysed the QuoteMeHappy car insurance options to help you decide if this digital-focused insurer, which also offers multi-car and temporary cover, can give you a good deal.
What's in this review?
- Who is QuoteMeHappy car insurance?
- Who underwrites QuoteMeHappy car insurance?
- Why choose QuoteMeHappy car insurance?
- What level of cover is available?
- What is the claims process?
- Am I able to manage my policy online?
- How do I contact QuoteMeHappy?
- Pros and cons of QuoteMeHappy car insurance
- Our verdict
- Frequently asked questions
Who is QuoteMeHappy car insurance?
QuoteMeHappy offers self serve insurance policies, meaning you manage your policy online. This allows the company to offer low cost premiums and no administration fees for making changes to your policy.
The flip side of this is that QuoteMeHappy has no phone line for customer service, though a claims line is available (you can email customer service if you have a query). As well as annual car insurance, the company also offers short-term cover, multi-car policies and home insurance cover.
Who underwrites QuoteMeHappy car insurance?
QuoteMeHappy car insurance policies are underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.
Aviva Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Why choose QuoteMeHappy car insurance?
QuoteMeHappy declares itself to be “not for everybody”, and it’s not wrong – the acceptance criteria is quite strict.
To qualify for cover from QuoteMeHappy, you must meet the following:
- Be aged between 21 and 75 years and a resident of Great Britain (not including Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands).
- Hold a UK or EU licence.
- Drive a car that is 17 years or younger, worth £70,000 or less and without significant modifications (some exclusions apply).
- Keep your car at the registered address of the policyholder.
- Have no more than one claim (excluding windscreen claims) and no more than two minor convictions in the last five years.
For those who do fit into the description above (and can pay for their cover upfront), QuoteMeHappy is likely to provide a competitive quote. The company’s comprehensive policy offers good coverage and optional extras are available to further tailor the cover to your needs.
If you’re comfortable obtaining and managing your policy online or through the app, QuoteMeHappy might be a good option for you.
What level of cover is available?
QuoteMeHappy only offers comprehensive car insurance cover. The policy includes the following features:
|Product Name||QuoteMeHappy comprehensive|
|Damage to your car||✓|
|Damaged windscreen and window glass||✓|
|Fire and theft||✓|
|Personal accident and road rage||✓|
|Liabilities to third parties||✓|
|Using the car abroad||✓|
|Hotel and alternative travel costs||✓|
|No claims discount||✓|
|Permanently fitted audio equipment||✓|
Optional extras available through QuoteMeHappy:
- Hire car. Entitles you to a replacement car provided by one of the company’s approved repairers.
- RAC breakdown cover. Choose from six available levels.
- Keycare. Covers all the keys attached to your fob, not only your car keys.
- Increased personal accident cover. Up to £40,000 for loss of limb, loss of sight or death for you and your partner.
- Protected NCD. Keep your no claims discount, even if you have to make a claim.
What is the claims process?
To make a claim, call QuoteMeHappy’s claim line on 0345 030 6944. The line is open 24/7.
Am I able to manage my policy online?
Yes. In fact, that’s your only option. QuoteMeHappy is a self-serve insurance company, and so customers can only obtain and manage a policy by going to the company’s website or downloading the app. The good news is that there are no administration fees to pay for amending your details (this excludes cancellation fees).
How do I contact QuoteMeHappy?
One of the ways in which QuoteMeHappy keeps its premiums low is by not having a call centre. You can contact the company’s customer service team by email, but you’ll need to log in to your QuoteMeHappy online account to do that.
Pros and cons of QuoteMeHappy car insurance
- Low cost insurance
- Easily manage your policy online
- No administration fees
- Up to £80 multi-car discount available
- Access to a 24/7 claims line
- Very high APR on monthly car insurance payments (39.9%)
- Strict acceptance criteria
- Not easy to contact for customer queries
QuoteMeHappy’s car insurance policy is a great option for cost conscious drivers, but being offered cover by the company is not guaranteed, even if you can easily obtain cover elsewhere.
If you are offered an insurance policy from QuoteMeHappy, make sure you can afford to pay for it upfront, as paying by instalments is likely to make the cover significantly more expensive.
QuoteMeHappy is really only suitable for those who are comfortable managing their policy online, without needing to talk to the company over the phone (other than to make a claim). If this applies to you, then managing your QuoteMeHappy policy should be straightforward and, you’ll be glad to know, involves no administration fees.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Student gadget insurance
Find out what gadget insurance for students includes, who qualifies for it and how to find the best cover for you at the best price.
Compare mobile phone insurance
Get a quote in seconds and save on your phone cover.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.