Check out our analysis of Insure4aDay to see if its temporary car insurance policy is for you.
Do you need cover to drive someone else’s car? Or is someone borrowing your car? Whether you need cover for a day, a week or a month, it’s important to make sure you and others are always protected behind the wheel.
Insure4aDay offers temporary car insurance from just one day up to 28 days. The insurance provider says its cover comes comprehensive as standard but can be enhanced with extra protection if needed. Take a look at our guide to see if Insure4aDay can provide the right car insurance cover for you.
Insure4aDay car insurance
- 1-28 days instant comprehensive cover
- Cover for up to 2 temporary additional drivers
- Test-drive your car or van before you buy cover
- Courtesy car if yours needs repairs after an accident
Who is Insure4aDay?
Insure4aDay specialises in short-term car insurance and has become one of the leading providers of motor insurance products over the last three decades.
With a range of industry knowledge and experience, it is able to offer competitive prices and online insurance solutions tailored to your needs.
Insure4aDay’s policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from just 1 day up to 28 days.
- Comprehensive cover. The highest level of cover comes as standard. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase with the process taking around 15 minutes.
What does Insure4aDay’s cover include?
Insure Daily only offer comprehensive policies and this covers your car for the following:
- Accident cover
- Damage to vehicle by fire
- Malicious damage
- Damage to vehicle by theft or attempted theft
- Third party liability cover including whilst towing
- Territorial limits and foreign use
- Cover for any injury/damage you cause to other people and/or their property
- European travel extension (optional)
- Breakdown cover (optional)
- Excess protection (optional)
- Excess reduction cover (optional)
- Motorist uninsured loss recovery service (optional)
Compare temporary car insurance providers
Can anyone take out Insure4aDay temporary car insurance?
Unfortunately not. To get short-term car cover, both you and the car must meet Insure4aDay’s eligibility criteria:
- Be aged between 21-75
- Have held a full and valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss driver’s licence for more than 12 months
- Have been a permanent resident in the UK for the last 12 months
- Have no more than 2 accidents, claims or losses in the last 3 years
- Have no more than 6 penalty points in the last 5 years
- Not have been disqualified from driving or have had your driver’s licence revoked in the last 5 years
- Have no criminal convictions
The car must:
- Have no more than eight seats including the driver’s seat
- Be used for social domestic and pleasure purposes only
- Not be modified (modifications for a disabled driver or passenger are acceptable)
- Not be impounded
- Not be used for hire or reward
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Insure4aDay?
If you need to make a claim on your Insure4aDay policy, you can call the Tradewise 24-hour claims line on 0800 205 5513.
You will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your policy number
- Details of any other parties or vehicles involved
- Name and addresses of any witnesses
- Full details of the incident
Pros and cons for Insure4aDay
- Comprehensive cover as standard
- The cover can begin instantly
- Cover for a maximum of 28 days only
- Can only pay upfront
Frequently asked questions
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms ‘Best’, ‘Top’, ‘Cheap’ including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.