Who is Insure4aDay?
Insure4aDay specialises in short-term car insurance and has become one of the leading providers of motor insurance products over the last three decades.
With a range of industry knowledge and experience, it is able to offer competitive prices and online insurance solutions tailored to your needs.
Insure4aDay’s car insurance policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from just 1 day up to 28 days.
- Comprehensive cover. The highest level of cover comes as standard. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase with the process taking around 15 minutes.
What does Insure4aDay’s cover include?
Insure Daily only offer comprehensive policies and this covers your car for the following:
- Accident cover
- Damage to vehicle by fire
- Malicious damage
- Damage to vehicle by theft or attempted theft
- Third party liability cover including whilst towing
- Territorial limits and foreign use
- Cover for any injury/damage you cause to other people and/or their property
- European travel extension (optional)
- Breakdown cover (optional)
- Excess protection (optional)
- Excess reduction cover (optional)
- Motorist uninsured loss recovery service (optional)
Compare temporary car insurance providers
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Can anyone take out Insure4aDay car insurance?
Unfortunately not. To get short-term car cover, both you and the car must meet Insure4aDay’s eligibility criteria:
- Be aged between 21-75
- Have held a full and valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss driver’s licence for more than 12 months
- Have been a permanent resident in the UK for the last 12 months
- Have no more than 2 accidents, claims or losses in the last 3 years
- Have no more than 6 penalty points in the last 5 years
- Not have been disqualified from driving or have had your driver’s licence revoked in the last 5 years
- Have no criminal convictions
The car must:
- Have no more than eight seats including the driver’s seat
- Be used for social domestic and pleasure purposes only
- Not be modified (modifications for a disabled driver or passenger are acceptable)
- Not be impounded
- Not be used for hire or reward
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Insure4aDay?
If you need to make a claim on your Insure4aDay policy, you can call the Tradewise 24-hour claims line on 0800 205 5513.
You will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your policy number
- Details of any other parties or vehicles involved
- Name and addresses of any witnesses
- Full details of the incident
Pros and cons for Insure4aDay
- Comprehensive cover as standard
- The cover can begin instantly
- Cover for a maximum of 28 days only
- Can only pay upfront
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Emma mattress review
Find out more about the budget-friendly Emma mattress with its 200-day free trial, including comfort, composition, shipping, returns, FAQs and more.
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.
Smart Forfour insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Forfour falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Can I drive a van on my car insurance?
Read our comprehensive guide on whether or not you are able to drive a van on your car insurance policy.
Compare breakdown cover
Use our helpful guide to find the right breakdown cover for you.