Find out whether Veygo has the right temporary car insurance policy for you.
Temporary car insurance is a good solution if you desperately need to borrow someone’s car or want to share a long car journey with someone.
Veygo’s car-sharing insurance policy offers comprehensive, temporary car insurance for friends and family, from as little as 1 hour up to 30 days. Keep reading to find out whether Veygo’s short term car insurance policy is for you.
Who is Veygo?
Veygo is a UK-based insurance company that was founded in 2017, and is part of the Admiral Group. It specialises in learner-driver insurance and temporary car insurance.
The company aims to help young drivers and drivers who need to borrow someone else’s car by providing them with an affordable way to get them on the road.
Veygo car-sharing policy features
Car-sharing policies are ideal if, say, you need to borrow someone’s car, you want to share the driving on a long car journey, you’re home from uni for a weekend or you’re helping out a friend get to the airport. There are loads of reasons why you might need short-term car insurance.
Veygo’s short-term insurance policies have various features and benefits; we’ve listed some highlights below:
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover for as little as 1 hour up to 30 days. You can also extend your cover online if need be.
- Comprehensive cover. The owner’s car is covered by a comprehensive policy that protects the car up to its market value.
- Doesn’t affect NCD. The owner’s no claims bonus will not be affected in the event that you need to make a claim.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase.
- Build your NCD. You can earn one year’s no-claims bonus for use with Admiral policies by driving claim-free for 30 days or more during a 12-month period.
What does Veygo’s comprehensive cover include?
Veygo’s temporary car insurance provides comprehensive cover while you’re on the road. Features include:
- Accidental damage
- Fire and theft damage
- Standard accessories and spare parts
- Any permanently fitted audio/visual equipment
- Lock replacement
- Liability to other people
- Windscreen damage
- Legal cover
- Personal injury cover (optional)
- Personal belongings (optional)
Compare temporary car insurance providers
Can anyone take out Veygo temporary car insurance?
Unfortunately not. Veygo’s car-sharing policy has eligibility criteria:
- You need a full GB licence.
- You must be 17 years old or over.
- Cover is available for most vehicles up to insurance group 35.
- Cover for vehicles with a maximum value of £60,000.
- The vehicle must be taxed.
- The vehicle must have a valid MOT.
How much is my excess?
An excess is the amount of money that you must pay when you make a claim. The amount of your excess can change depending on factors such as your car and your driving history.
With Veygo’s temporary car insurance, the accidental damage on most policies is set at £750. However, some customers are able to choose an excess as low as £250, depending on the policy details.
If you don’t take photos of your vehicle before and after the policy starts, and then need to make a claim, you may have to pay an additional excess of £250. There is also an additional excess for windscreen damage (£25) or replacement (£95).
Check the policy schedule for full details concerning excess payments.
What is the claims process for Veygo?
If you find yourself needing to make a claim, you can call Veygo’s claims hotline.
You can call on 0330 134 8647.
The claims hotline is open 8am – 9pm on weekdays, 9am – 5pm on Saturdays and 10am – 4pm on Sundays. If you call out of hours, you will be redirected to a third party company which will start the claims process with you.
Pros and cons for Veygo temporary car insurance
- Flexible insurance for whatever time frame you need.
- The cover begins as soon as you purchase it.
- The policy won’t affect your no claims bonus of the car owner.
- Veygo short-term car insurance gets expensive if you’re looking for cover that’s approaching 30 days.
- You’re not covered abroad with this insurance.
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms ‘Best’, ‘Top’, ‘Cheap’ including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.