Are you borrowing a family member’s car for the weekend? Maybe you need to insure someone else on your car for the day? Whether you need cover for a day, a week or a month, it’s important to make sure you have the right protection behind the wheel.
InsureDaily offers temporary car insurance from just one day up to 28 days and comes at the highest cover level as standard, so if you only need short-term cover, it may have a policy suitable for you.
Who is InsureDaily?
InsureDaily is a specialist insurance provider that provides short-term car and van insurance solutions. If you need temporary car insurance, you can get cover from 1 to 28 days.
The InsureDaily website is run by Sky Insurance Services Group Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
InsureDaily’s policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from just 1 day up to 28 days.
- Comprehensive cover. The highest level of cover comes as standard. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
- Unaffected annual no-claims discount. A claim made on a temporary policy won’t affect any no-claims discount built up on an annual policy.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase.
What does InsureDaily’s temporary cover include?
With InsureDaily’s short-term car cover, you get a range of benefits including:
- Accidental cover
- Malicious damage, fire, theft and vandalism
- Theft of in-car entertainment, communication and navigation equipment
- Up to £20 million for damage to other people’s property
- Third party liability cover whilst towing
- European cover
- Permanently fitted sound and telephone systems up to £250
- Legal obligations to third parties for injury or damage claims
Can anyone take out InsureDaily temporary car insurance?
Unfortunately not. Insure Daily’s short-term car insurance policy does come with an eligibility check list for both you and the car:
- Be aged 19-75
- Have held a full UK, EU, EEA or Commonwealth licence for more than one year
- Have no more than 6 penalty points on your driver’s licence
- Have had no more than 2 claims
- Not have been disqualified
The car must:
- Be right-hand-drive
- Have a minimum value of £1,500 and a maximum value of £45,000
- Not be modified
- Not be impounded
What is my excess?
Your car insurance excess is the amount of money you have agreed to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your motorbike and your riding experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
InsureDaily also offers optional excess protect insurance which provides cover for the reimbursement of the policy excess you will have to pay when you make a claim on your InsureDaily policy and whilst driving in the UK only.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for InsureDaily?
If you need to make a claim on your Insure Daily policy, you can call the Claims Team on 03447 058183 and you should make sure to call within 24 hours of the incident occurring.
To report a claim, you will need the following information:
- Your full name, address and contact telephone numbers
- Vehicle make, model and registration number
- Exact location when the incident happened
- Incident circumstances
- Third party details – vehicle make, model, registration number, address and insurer details (if applicable)
- Independent witness details (if any)
- Police officer details (where applicable)
InsureDaily pros and cons
- Instant, comprehensive cover for anything between 1 and 28 days.
- If you need to, you can claim without affecting the main owners no claims bonus.
- European cover.
- There is a detailed eligibility check list which may prevent a number of people qualifying for cover.
- Can only pay upfront
InsureDaily may have limited policies but what this specialist insurer does have, works well, especially as comprehensive comes as standard.
You’ll need to pay up front but not everyone will be able to get cover from InsureDaily. It has eligibility criteria that you and your car will need to fit before you can get cover. But this is generally the same for other insurers offering temporary car insurance.
Get started by visiting InsureDaily’s website and sign up for an policy. If you have read this review and decided that InsuranceDaily is not for you, you can also compare other temporary car insurance policies on the market.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Corona Test Centre review: COVID testing for travel
Where does Corona Test Centre land in the ranking of government-listed COVID test providers? Close to the top, if you’re working alphabetically.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.