Adrian Flux temporary car insurance review
We've checked out the temporary car insurance through Adrian Flux. The broker says it can arrange cover at two different levels and all its policies include audio cover as standard.
The temporary car insurance offered through Adrian Flux caters to a wide range of cars including modified cars, kit cars and motorhomes. It says that customers can select between third party fire and theft or comprehensive cover options. Plus, any claim made won’t affect an annual no claims bonus.
Compare temporary car insurance providers
Who is Adrian Flux?
Adrian Flux is an insurance broker with more than 40 years of experience in the industry. The company offers a wide variety of car (including Flux Direct), motorbike (Bikesure), van, caravan and home insurance.
Adrian Flux offers temporary car insurance for 1-30 days or 2-12 months (only in monthly intervals from 2 months or more).
Adrian Flux is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Adrian Flux’s policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from just one day up to 12 months.
- Two cover levels. Choose between third party, fire and theft or comprehensive cover.
- Unaffected annual no claims discount. A claim made on a temporary policy won’t affect any annual no claims discount built up.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase.
What are Adrian Flux’s levels of temporary cover?
To be on UK roads, all drivers are legally required to have at least third party car insurance. Adrian Flux doesn’t offer this minimal level of cover with its short-term policies. Instead it offers either third party fire and theft or comprehensive:
- Third party fire and theft. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be covered for damage to third party vehicles or property and will also give you protection against your car if it’s damaged in a fire or stolen.
- Comprehensive. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
What does Adrian Flux’s temporary cover include?
Here are some of the benefits of Adrian Flux’s temporary car insurance:
- Third party liability
- Fire and theft
- Audio equipment cover up to £400
- Courtesy car (optional)
- Key cover (optional)
- Breakdown cover (optional)
- Excess protection (optional)
Beyond the standard cover benefits above, any other benefits to your insurance policy will vary depending on the insurer that is able to provide the cover through Adrian Flux and the level of cover chosen.
Check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
Can anyone take out Adrian Flux’s temporary car insurance?
Adrian Flux claims to offer temporary car insurance to a number of different drivers and a wide range of cars. It says it can also tailor cover depending on specific customer requirements. To get short-term car cover:
- You must be aged 22-74
- Your car must have a market value of £25,000 or less
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have agreed to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your motorbike and your riding experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Adrian Flux’s temporary car insurance?
You should call the Adrian Flux claims helpline on 0344 381 4420. The 24-hour claims line is open seven days a week.
Keep your policy details, personal contact details and information relating to the incident to hand when making your claim.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Pros and cons for Adrian Flux
- Making a claim won’t affect a no-claims discount built up on an annual policy
- Third party fire and theft or comprehensive cover levels available
- The cover can begin instantly
- Cover can be enhanced with extra protection
- Can only pay upfront if policy duration is under six months
- Cover can only be increased in monthly intervals after 30 days
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
The UK’s best pet insurance for cats in 2020
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best pet insurance providers for cats.
Car insurance group 39
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 39 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 38
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 38 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 40
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 40 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 37
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 37 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Nissan LEAF insurance group and cost
Find and compare car insurance costs for your Nissan LEAF model based on the engine size, the driver’s age and location.
Citroen C4 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Citroen C4 based on the driver’s age and location.
Car insurance group 32
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 32 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 33
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 33 and how much it might cost to insure them by driver age and location.
Car insurance group 35
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 35 and how much it might cost to insure them.