Dayinsure temporary car insurance review
Find out the key features of temporary insurance cover from specialist Dayinsure, in our analysis.
Dayinsure’s temporary car insurance is backed by insurance giant Aviva. Cover is at the highest level – comprehensive – and includes legal expenses. Customers can enhance protection by adding comprehensive EU cover and breakdown cover. Here’s what else you need to know.
What's in this guide?
- Compare temporary car insurance providers
- Who is Dayinsure?
- Dayinsure's policy features
- What does Dayinsure's comprehensive cover include?
- Compare temporary car insurance providers
- Can anyone take out Dayinsure temporary car insurance?
- What is my excess?
- What is the claims process for Dayinsure?
- Pros and cons for Dayinsure
- Our verdict
Compare temporary car insurance providers
Who is Dayinsure?
Established in 2005, Dayinsure arranges specialist temporary insurance for cars, classic cars, vans and motorhomes. It can insure almost anyone who has a full UK driver’s licence, and it can cover learner drivers for personal or business purposes and also arrange 5-star Defaqto-rated annual car insurance from Aviva.
Dayinsure can provide learner and fully qualified drivers aged 18-75 with cover from 1 hour up to 30 days.
Dayinsure accepts almost anyone who has a UK driver’s licence and can also cover customers who hold a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss driving licence and have done so for at least six months (or three months if aged over 25).
Dayinsure is a registered trademark of Dayinsure.com Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Dayinsure’s policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from 1 hour up to 30 days.
- Comprehensive cover. The highest level of cover comes as standard. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
- Unaffected annual no-claims discount. A claim made on a temporary policy won’t affect any annual no-claims discount built up.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase, with the process taking around 15 minutes.
What does Dayinsure’s comprehensive cover include?
Here are some of the benefits of Dayinsure’s temporary car insurance:
- Accidental damage
- Fire and theft damage
- Accident recovery
- Third party EU cover
- Emergency treatment
- Legal liability
- Legal expenses
- Full EU cover (optional)
- Breakdown cover (optional)
Can anyone take out Dayinsure temporary car insurance?
Unfortunately not. To get short-term car cover, both you and the car must meet Dayinsure’s eligibility criteria.
- Be aged 18-75 years old
- Have held a UK, EU, EEA, South African, Swiss, Australian or New Zealand drivers licence for at least three months (or six months if you’re under 25)
- Have no more than two fault claims in the previous three years
- Have no more than 9 penalty points and no disqualifications in the previous 18 months
- Have had no motoring offence relating to specific offences (in the previous three years or six months depending on the offence)
- Have not been convicted of any criminal offence in the previous five years
The car must:
- Be registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- Have a market value of less than £75,000
- Have no more than eight seats including the driver’s seat
- Not be hired or rented
- Not have been seized or in a police compound
- Not have been modified (some exceptions apply)
- Not be a grey import (imported from a country outside of the EU and outside the manufacturer’s authorised trading channels)
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
All temporary car insurance policies offered by Dayinsure have a compulsory excess of £250 up to £1,250, depending on the length of cover required, the age and experience of the driver and the age and condition of the vehicle amongst other factors.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Dayinsure?
Call the DayInsure claims line on 08000 156 166 to make a claim. This 24-hour claims line is open 7 days a week.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Your own insurance policy details
- Details about the incident
- Names and contact details of everyone involved in the incident such as third parties, passengers and witnesses
- Details about the damage or injuries sustained
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident straight away, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Pros and cons for Dayinsure
- Comprehensive cover as standard
- The cover can begin instantly
- Making a claim won’t affect a no-claims discount built up on an annual policy
- Limited third party EU cover as standard
- Cover for a maximum of 30 days
- No changes allowed once policy has started
If you’re in need of temporary car insurance, Dayinsure is one of many to choose from. You’ll get comprehensive cover as standard and if you’re borrowing a car, any claim that you need to make won’t affect the no-claims bonus on the owner’s annual car insurance policy.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Invest in electric cars
Find out how to invest in electric cars and see some electric car stocks to consider. We’ve listed the 6 steps to get started and the risks.
Compare 10-year loans
Find out how to apply for a 10-year personal loan, and how to get the best rates.
Business gadget insurance
Find business gadget insurance to cover all your expensive items such as mobile phones and laptops.
Gadget insurance abroad
Find out whether you need gadget insurance for travel and what’s included in the cover, plus tips to keep your devices safe while travelling.
Modified motorcycle insurance
Find out what type of insurance you need if you’ve made additions or alterations to your motorbike.
Compare the best business credit cards of 2021
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
Learner motorbike insurance
Find out what motorcycle insurance for learner riders includes, what affects the cost of premiums and how you can save money.
Courier van insurance
Find out what van insurance for courier drivers includes, who it’s for and how to save on your policy.
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.