Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Ferrari F12 car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring your Ferrari F12
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The F12 — also known as the F12berlinetta, Berlinetta and F12B — has a high cost and specialized Italian parts that will automatically place it at the upper end of insurance premiums. However, you can aim for discounts based on the F12’s safety features.
Our top pick: Progressive
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance for your Ferrari F12
How much does Ferrari F12 car insurance cost?
The F12’s average insurance rate is $1,015 per month, or $12,180 per year. That cost is a whopping $10,750 above the national average of $1,426 per year.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car Price|
|F12 Berlinetta & TDF||$1,015||$319,995|
How do I compare insurance for the Ferrari F12?
The Ferrari F12 is an expensive and sporty coupe, automatically lending it to higher insurance rates. Luckily, the manufacturer warranty and maintenance plan should help lower your repair costs for the first few years.
- Body type. The Ferrari F12 is a luxury coupe with a sporty, racing edge.
- Fuel. This car gets 13 mpg city and highway combined, an expected but low fuel economy.
- Maintenance. Maintenance costs can be expensive on any luxury vehicle due to specialized parts or labor. In addition, this car tends to guzzle premium gas, especially when driven for its speed and performance.
- Coverage. Since you’re paying the hefty price tag for a Ferrari, consider getting luxury car insurance, which often allows you to choose agreed value coverage. You can also consider add-ons such as uninsured/underinsured motorist, loan gap and comprehensive.
- Insurer options. Not every insurer will offer coverage for a Ferrari vehicle, so you might need to shop around to find one who will.
- Warranty. Ferrari offers a 3-year, unlimited mileage warranty. Plus, you’ll receive its 7-year maintenance plan at no extra charge.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Ferrari F12?
The Ferrari F12 costs more to insure because it’s a sporty car with a V12 engine and faster than some of the other Ferrari models, making this vehicle especially high-risk for a speedy accident. Also, its high ticket price reflect its superior parts making it more expensive to repair.
Does the Ferrari F12 qualify for discounts?
The F12 comes with several standard safety features that could qualify for discounts. Those include:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Low tire pressure warning
- Parking sensors
Why is insurance so high for the Ferrari F12?
The F12 has amazing performance qualities that make it a bit pricier to insure:
- High sale price. The F12 will set you back $300,000+ upon purchase. Its high price means it’ll cost more for your insurance company to repair or replace.
- Powerful engine. The F12 includes a very high amount of horsepower, putting it at a higher risk level.
- Higher coverage. You’ve invested a lot of money into this car, so you may want higher coverage limits, special luxury car insurance or other add-ons to your policy.
- Specialized repairs. Want a dedicated Ferrari mechanic or original manufacturer parts? Those will increase the cost of repairs and spike your insurance rates.
How reliable is the Ferrari F12?
This car’s lack of safety information may contribute to its high insurance cost. It has also included a few recalls common in older Ferraris. However, car owners attest to its reliability on the road.
- Safety. The Ferrari F12 doesn’t hold safety ratings with top safety testing organizations. That fact may be related to the car not being a consumer’s first choice. Its pricing caters to a luxury class.
- Reliability. There is not much official information about the F12’s reliability. However, Ferrari owners on forums and review sites tend to view their cars as reliable vehicles, especially when maintained properly.
- Recalls. Older models of the F12 have had recalls for improper airbag installment and an airbag inflator that may explode upon deploying. The newer 2016 and 2017 models haven’t seen this issue.
The Ferrari F12’s ticket price and specialized parts needed for repair contribute to the car’s high insurance costs. It also doesn’t have much safety information available. Still, the car may qualify for insurance discounts and it includes a warranty that covers basic repairs for several years.
Frequently asked questions about the Ferrari F12
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Ask an Expert