Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Ferrari 812 car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring your Ferrari 812
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Our top pick: Progressive
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance for your Aston Martin DB11
How much does Ferrari 812 car insurance cost?
The 812’s average insurance rate is $1,188 per month, or $14,256 per year. That cost is about $12,800 above the national average of $1,426, a pricey rate even by Ferrari standards.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car Price|
|F12 Berlinetta & TDF||$1,015||$319,995|
How do I compare insurance for the Ferrari 812?
The 812 Superfast needs specialized parts for repair and may warrant extra coverage. However, all Ferraris come with a 7-year maintenance plan that will help you keep the car in top condition.
- Body type. The 812 Superfast is a luxury coupe built for speed, just like its name suggests.
- Fuel. The 812 gets typical fuel efficiency for a performance car, standing at 13 mpg combined city and highway. In other words, don’t expect it to score points on insurance as an economy vehicle.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and repair costs can be expensive due to specialized Italian parts. However, Ferrari covers a huge part of that cost in its standard 7-year maintenance plan.
- Coverage. You may want extra protection for your high-dollar supercar. Consider luxury car insurance, which often allows you to receive agreed value coverage and higher policy limits. Also, consider optional coverages like comprehensive, loan/lease gap insurance and uninsured/underinsured motorist.
- Insurer options. While most insurance companies will offer coverage for sports cars, Geico doesn’t provide it for Ferraris, for example.
- Warranty. As with all new Ferraris, the 812 Superfast comes with the standard 3-year, unlimited mileage warranty. You can also take advantage of their 7-year maintenance plan to keep your car in good running condition.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Ferrari 812?
The Ferrari 812 costs more to insure because it has one of the most powerful car engines on the market, it’s built for speed and performance making it high-risk for accidents. Also, this car has premium Italian parts that are high in price when in need of repair or replacement.
Does the Ferrari 812 qualify for discounts?
Due to this car’s need for speed, Ferrari has included several safety features. You may qualify for a safety discount with these:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Traction control
- Brake assist
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Parking sensors
Why is insurance so high for the Ferrari 812?
The Superfast comes with an insurance rate that’s well above average. Several reasons for the increased rate include:
- High sale price. This luxury sports car costs top-dollar, ranging in the $300,000s. That means your insurance company will have to pay more for your reported claims.
- More coverage. Premium insurance coverage does mean a higher rate. However, the extra protection may be worth the investment.
- Higher limits. You may consider higher policy limits to fully protect your car. Like coverage, you’ll see a raised premium in exchange.
- Powerful engine. The Superfast can reach high speeds in no time. But its powerful engine results in more costly insurance.
- Specialized repairs. You may need imported parts or a Ferrari specialist to get repairs done, also spiking your insurance rate.
How reliable is the Ferrari 812?
The 812 is a fairly new model for Ferrari, succeeding the F12berlinetta. Its new addition to the market means you won’t find much information on safety and reliability yet.
The model has also not yet seen any recalls, unlike other Ferraris which tend to receive recalls in the first few years on the market.
- Safety. This car doesn’t include much safety data with top rating organizations.
- Reliability. While there isn’t much information about the 812’s reliability, Ferraris are known for their long-lasting value.
- Recalls. No recalls have currently been issued for this new Ferrari model.
Because the Ferrari 812 is built for speed and needs specialized parts for repair, your insurance rates will stay high. However, it hasn’t received any recalls, suggesting its reliability.
Frequently asked questions about the Ferrari 812
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Ask an Expert