What to expect when insuring your Ferrari 812
The 812 has a need for speed — a factor that often results in a higher insurance risk. However, the 812 Superfast has yet to see any recalls and includes a variety of safety features.
Compare insurance for your Aston Martin DB11
How much does Ferrari 812 car insurance cost?
The 812’s average insurance rate is $1,188 per month, or $14,256 per year. That cost is about $12,800 above the national average of $1,426, a pricey rate even by Ferrari standards.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car Price|
|F12 Berlinetta & TDF||$1,015||$319,995|
How do I compare insurance for the Ferrari 812?
The 812 Superfast needs specialized parts for repair and may warrant extra coverage. However, all Ferraris come with a 7-year maintenance plan that will help you keep the car in top condition.
- Body type. The 812 Superfast is a luxury coupe built for speed, just like its name suggests.
- Fuel. The 812 gets typical fuel efficiency for a performance car, standing at 13 mpg combined city and highway. In other words, don’t expect it to score points on insurance as an economy vehicle.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and repair costs can be expensive due to specialized Italian parts. However, Ferrari covers a huge part of that cost in its standard 7-year maintenance plan.
- Coverage. You may want extra protection for your high-dollar supercar. Consider luxury car insurance, which often allows you to receive agreed value coverage and higher policy limits. Also, consider optional coverages like comprehensive, loan/lease gap insurance and uninsured/underinsured motorist.
- Insurer options. While most insurance companies will offer coverage for sports cars, Geico doesn’t provide it for Ferraris, for example.
- Warranty. As with all new Ferraris, the 812 Superfast comes with the standard 3-year, unlimited mileage warranty. You can also take advantage of their 7-year maintenance plan to keep your car in good running condition.
Does the Ferrari 812 qualify for discounts?
Due to this car’s need for speed, Ferrari has included several safety features. You may qualify for a safety discount with these:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Traction control
- Brake assist
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Parking sensors
Why is insurance so high for the Ferrari 812?
The Superfast comes with an insurance rate that’s well above average. Several reasons for the increased rate include:
- High sale price. This luxury sports car costs top-dollar, ranging in the $300,000s. That means your insurance company will have to pay more for your reported claims.
- More coverage. Premium insurance coverage does mean a higher rate. However, the extra protection may be worth the investment.
- Higher limits. You may consider higher policy limits to fully protect your car. Like coverage, you’ll see a raised premium in exchange.
- Powerful engine. The Superfast can reach high speeds in no time. But its powerful engine results in more costly insurance.
- Specialized repairs. You may need imported parts or a Ferrari specialist to get repairs done, also spiking your insurance rate.
How reliable is the Ferrari 812?
The 812 is a fairly new model for Ferrari, succeeding the F12berlinetta. Its new addition to the market means you won’t find much information on safety and reliability yet.
The model has also not yet seen any recalls, unlike other Ferraris which tend to receive recalls in the first few years on the market.
- Safety. This car doesn’t include much safety data with top rating organizations.
- Reliability. While there isn’t much information about the 812’s reliability, Ferraris are known for their long-lasting value.
- Recalls. No recalls have currently been issued for this new Ferrari model.
Because the Ferrari 812 is built for speed and needs specialized parts for repair, your insurance rates will stay high. However, it hasn’t received any recalls, suggesting its reliability.
Frequently asked questions about the Ferrari 812
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: