This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates
This high-performance hypercar comes with an expensive car insurance policy.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Ferrari LaFerrari is a hybrid hypercar with sky-high insurance rates. The average insurance cost for the LaFerrari is around $1,926 a month, or $23,112 a year. Your final premium could be even higher if you opt for an agreed-value policy that will insure your LaFerrari for its full worth.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Ferrari LaFerrari
How do I compare insurance for the LaFerrari?
Insurance rates are calculated differently for luxury supercars like the LaFerrari, but are generally based on the following factors.
- Body type. The LaFerrari is built with one purpose: to get from 0 to over 200 mph as fast as possible — which ends up being about 15 seconds. This hybrid hypercar is made from carbon and looks like it can travel through space, which means you’ll be considered high-risk from your insurance company.
- Fuel. The LaFerrari is a hybrid that boasts a 6.3L V12 engine backed by an electric motor. With top speeds well over 200 mph, 950 horsepower and total torque at 664 lbs. per ft., the LaFerrari isn’t built for fuel economy. Its 15 mpg becomes much less when opening the car up for high performance, meaning the LaFerrari won’t get any discounts on fuel economy from your insurance company.
- Theft rates. With slightly under 500 LaFerraris ever built and at a price of $1.5 million you can be sure that each one is securely locked away. Insurance companies won’t be too worried about theft specifically, but the high price tag and limited numbers means the car is irreplaceable.
- Maintenance. You can expect to pay thousands of dollars a year for maintenance on the LaFerrari, which is normal for high-performance hypercars. As a result, insurance rates will soar, since replacement parts and labor on this limited production vehicle are ultra-expensive.
- Coverage. The LaFerrari is valued at well over $1 million and likely will appreciate with time, so you’ll probably want to find an agreed value insurance policy for it, where the insurance company will guarantee to cover it for a certain amount.
- Insurer options. Most standard insurance companies won’t insure the LaFerrari since the car is so expensive and typically needs to be insured on an agreed value policy. You’ll want to find an insurance company that specializes in luxury cars, such as AIG, Hagerty, Chubb, Nationwide, J.C. Taylor or Grundy.
- Warranty. Ferrari’s basic warranty is good for three years with no mileage restrictions and an option to extend for a longer period of time. It comes with roadside assistance, meaning you won’t need to add this to your insurance policy.
Why is insurance so expensive for the LaFerrari?
The LaFerrari is a top-performing supercar that is built to reach top speeds with maximum acceleration. While these high-performance luxury cars aren’t usually driven for your daily commute, they require high-expense repairs and are irreplaceable as a limited-production vehicle. This means that any loss is likely to cost the insurance company a lot of money.
Additionally, these cars tend to appreciate in value over time, which means only a specialty insurance policy can properly cover it.
Does the LaFerrari qualify for discounts?
Because you’ll need to buy a specialty insurance policy for this luxury vehicle, you may not be able to get the standard vehicle discounts. But if your insurance company does offer vehicle discounts, you can expect the LaFerrari to qualify based on these features:
- Hybrid or electric vehicle discount
- Antilock brake discount
- Antitheft system discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Passive restraint discount
- Airbag discount
- Daytime running lights
How reliable is the LaFerrari?
The LaFerrari is a hypercar built for speed and performance rather than safety and reliability. With only 499 ever built, it’s also never been officially tested for safety and reliability.
- Safety. The LaFerrari comes equipped with standard safety features such as airbags and seatbelt pretensioners.
- Reliability. The LaFerrari is known for its speed and power, not its reliability. Expect to pay thousands of dollars each year to keep the vehicle in tip-top shape.
- Recalls. Surprisingly, there have been recalls on the LaFerrari for fire concerns, despite its limited build. The open-air LaFerrari Aperta model was included in these recalls.
The LaFerrari lives up to its name and so far is the definitive Ferrari made by the Italian carmaker. Its powerful hybrid engine allows it to reach speeds of well over 200 mph in seconds and its price tag means your regular insurance company won’t touch the LaFerrari.
If the LaFerrari’s too rich for your blood, compare other car models and their insurance costs.
Frequently asked questions about the LaFerrari
More guides on Finder
Compare tuition insurance
If your child gets sick or injured and has to take time away from college, tuition insurance can reimburse you for what you already paid.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
How much will I get from disability insurance?
Disability insurance typically pays out between 40% and 80% of your income, but will depend on the type of policy you have.
Heacock Classic car insurance review December 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Short-term vs. long-term disability insurance
Short- and long-term disability insurance offers coverage for different amounts of time and replaces a different percentage of your income, but you can buy both if you can afford it.
How much disability insurance do I need?
You won’t be able to replace all of your income with disability insurance, but you can buy enough to cover your biggest monthly bills.
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Say car insurance review Dec 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.