This top-dollar vehicle’s premiums are higher than many luxury sports cars.
The Wraith is a high-powered coupe that provides a luxury experience — and an expensive insurance rate to go with it. Expect insurance to cost around $1,083 per month, or $12,996 per year. This is higher than insuring luxury sports cars like the Aston Martin Rapide at $7,512 per year, or the Ferrari 488 GTB at $9,396.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare car insurance for your Rolls-Royce Wraith.
How much does Rolls-Royce Wraith car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Rolls-Royce Wraith?
The Wraith comes as a luxury performance coupe with a high base price. That means you may want added protection with a luxury insurance policy.
Factors that contribute to its high premium:
- Body type. The Wraith is a luxury coupe with a large wheelbase and width — factors that likely contribute to its high insurance rates.
- MSRP. The base price of this car rivals that of high-end sports cars, starting in the $300,000 range. That cost makes it more expensive to repair or replace after an accident.
- Fuel. The car gets low fuel economy at 12/19 mpg due to its powerful engine, the most powerful in the Rolls-Royce car lineup to date.
- Maintenance. While getting maintenance done at a Rolls-Royce dealership might not be cheap out of pocket, the car comes with a well-covered warranty that includes servicing and maintenance.
- Theft. Rolls-Royce isn’t known for high theft rates, and the Wraith follows that trend.
- Coverage. Consider luxury car insurance for this vehicle, which offers agreed value coverage and higher coverage maximums. In addition, uninsured/underinsured motorist, umbrella and gap insurance can close gaps not covered by this car’s potentially expensive accident claims.
- Insurer options. While many standard insurers offer coverage, a luxury insurance company may prove beneficial, although it limits provider choices.
- Warranty. Rolls-Royce treats car owners to a four-year, unlimited mileage warranty that includes servicing, maintenance, repairs and roadside assistance within the region it’s registered.
Does the Rolls-Royce Wraith qualify for discounts?
The Wraith includes standard and high-tech safety features that may help you qualify for discounts:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft device
- Backup, front and side cameras
- Driveline traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Parking assistance
- Roll stability control
Why is insurance so high for the Rolls-Royce Wraith?
This car’s rates jump higher than many luxury cars due to several factors, including:
- High MSRP. The Wraith includes a base price in the $300,000s, making it a high-cost car for your insurer to repair or replace after an accident.
- Powerful engine. Despite not claiming sports car status, this coupe packs over 600 horsepower into one of Rolls-Royce’s most powerful engines to date.
- Specialized repairs. This car may need special attention from a Rolls-Royce dealership with European-imported parts, making it a candidate for costly repairs.
- Increased coverage. The wider the coverage, the higher the cost of your policy. And you’ll also need higher coverage maximums.
How reliable is the Rolls-Royce Wraith?
While the Wraith lacks information about safety and reliability from both owners and experts, the car has an extensive warranty and zero recalls to date.
- Safety. This car doesn’t come with ratings from top safety organizations. That may be due to more consumers purchasing less expensive cars as a daily driver.
- Reliability. There’s little information about the long-term viability of the Wraith, but Rolls-Royce offers a cushioning four-year maintenance and service warranty to keep the car in good condition from the start.
- Recalls. The Wraith doesn’t include recalls for any of its model years, hinting at its solid manufacturing.
The Wraith is a large luxury coupe with a high-powered engine to round out the Rolls-Royce experience. These factors may bring higher insurance rates, but you can compare multiple insurers to find the best coverage for value.
Still looking around? Learn about rates for another make or model.