We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Rolls-Royce Cullinan car insurance rates
They're higher than most luxury SUVs, but the tradeoff is ultimate luxury.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Cullinan’s luxury status, size and coverage needs make it very expensive to insure. Its rate is estimated at $979 per month or $11,748 per year, which ranges over $8,000 above luxury SUVs like the Maserati Levante.
Compare car insurance for your Rolls-Royce Cullinan
How much does Rolls-Royce Cullinan car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Cullinan?
The Cullinan comes as a heavyweight SUV with a luxury price tag, specialized maintenance and coverage needs and limited insurance options. However, you’ll get a loaded warranty package — including maintenance and repairs — to help offset the cost.
- Body type. This SUV keeps up with the company’s luxury class but packs it into a heavier frame, which may cause more damage during an accident.
- Fuel. Like other luxury vehicles, this one doesn’t boast fuel economy, getting only 14 mpg combined.
- Theft. Rolls-Royces are not known to have theft problems.
- Maintenance. Although a common body style, this SUV may require all the attention of Rolls-Royce’s other cars, including European parts and specialist mechanics.
- Coverage. Consider luxury car insurance to cover the Cullinan’s hefty MSRP, which would give you agreed value coverage and higher limits. Also, you might look into uninsured/underinsured motorist and GAP insurance for further protection of your investment.
- Insurer options. You may opt for luxury car insurers, which limits your options and raises your premium.
- Warranty. With every Rolls-Royce, you receive a warranty that includes 4-year, unlimited mileage maintenance, repairs and roadside assistance.
Does the Rolls-Royce Cullinan qualify for discounts?
The Cullinan includes several safety features to help you bring down rates as much as possible.
- ABS brakes
- Active cruise control
- Antitheft system
- Collision warning
- Cross-traffic warning
- Four-camera parking monitor
- Lane change assist
- Lane departure warning
- Pedestrian warning
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Stability control
Why is insurance so high for the Rolls-Royce Cullinan?
This SUV rides high in luxury and insurance rates. A Rolls-Royce ticket price, combined with a heavy frame, powerful engine and European parts all spell dollar signs for this vehicle.
- High MSRP. The Cullinan tops other luxury brands with SUV pricing with its $350,000 MSRP. Many other brands keep theirs below $100,000.
- Powerful engine. This vehicle packs 563 horsepower into a twin-turbocharge V-12 engine, giving it a big dose of powerful speed on the road.
- Weight. An accident with this SUV means colliding with a nearly 6,000-pound vehicle. Its sheer weight will likely cause heavy damage.
- Specialized repairs. The Cullinan may require extra coddling with imported parts and a Rolls-Royce mechanic, making repairs more expensive.
- Increased coverage. You may opt for a luxury policy to cover the sky high MSRP and personalizations.
How reliable is the Rolls-Royce Cullinan?
Rolls-Royce vehicles may not have much in the way of reliability information. But the Cullinan’s modern safety tech and tested inner workings suggest you may not have major issues with this SUV.
- Safety. The Cullinan isn’t yet rated for safety by the IIHS or NHTSA, possibly due to more customers looking into less expensive vehicles.
- Reliability. While you won’t find much information about this up-and-coming vehicle’s reliability, the Cullinan does use the company’s tried-and-true engine and base. It also comes with an unlimited mileage warranty to dispel any initial problems.
- Recalls. This brand new luxury SUV has yet to show any recalls in its first few months of life.
The Rolls-Royce Cullinan embodies luxury with its towering ticket price, big frame and specialized maintenance and repairs. All those add up to a high insurance rate that’s not atypical for a Rolls-Royce.
Frequently asked questions about the Rolls-Royce Cullinan
Read more on this topic
When can I use my phone when driving? When are you allowed to use your phone while driving in each state?
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ask an Expert