Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Maserati Quattroporte car insurance rates
Expect a hefty premium with this spacious luxury sedan.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Introduced in 2005, the Italian-made Quattroporte is nearly a Maserati classic. Today, it costs about $107,400, with an average monthly insurance premium of $433. It’s more expensive to cover than your typical Mercedes-Benz, but generally cheaper than a Ferrari.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for the Maserati Quattroporte
Maserati average car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati Quattroporte?
In Italian, “quattroporte” means four doors. Maserati claims that this sports car combines “race-bred performance with unrivaled luxury.” Keep these factors in mind when buying insurance:
- Body type. It’s a large sedan, which can be less expensive to insure than coupes. But since this is a luxury vehicle inspired by racecars, that probably won’t help lower insurance.
- Fuel. The Quattroporte has a 16 city MPG and 23 highway MPG — an estimated 17 to 18 combined — which is about average for sedans.
- Maintenance. Maserati recommends only servicing your Quattroporte with genuine Maserati Parts, taking it to one of its dealerships for help. This can make parts and labor more expensive, especially since it’s a foreign car.
- Coverage. Since the Quattroporte is more expensive than your average car, consider shopping for luxury car insurance, which will have higher maximums that offer more adequate protection.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. And it includes roadside assistance, transferring your car to a dealership 24/7 when necessary.
- Transmission. The Quattroporte has automatic transmission, which can be more expensive to insure than manual due to an increased gearbox cost.
Does the Maserati Quattroporte qualify for discounts?
Though heralded mostly for its speed and good looks, the Quattroporte has some features that could qualify you for discounts, including:
- Optional emergency braking
- Optional adaptive cruise control
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Knee airbags
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati Quattroporte?
The Maserati Quattroporte costs more to insure because its considered a high priced luxury vehicle with a race car spin, a fast sedan can mean higher than average risk for insures. Also, this foreign car requires expensive parts and labor.
How reliable is the Maserati Quattroporte?
The Maserati Quattroporte features Italian contouring and a thrilling ride. Consider these factors when insuring yours:
- Safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety hasn’t tested this car for safety, likely because of how expensive it is.
- Reliability. Overall, customers seem to be happy with the Quattroporte’s performance. But keep in mind that its bespoke engineering can prove cumbersome, so regular maintenance checks are important.
- Recalls. There are currently 24 recalls for Quattroportes, dating back to 2004. Maserati promises to notify owners and to replace and repair the issues free of charge, but recalls are serious and pose a risk to owners if left unserviced.
The Maserati Quattroporte’s suave styling and powerful engine make for an appealing sports car, but it can be expensive to insure. Compare insurance rates to find the best deal.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
Heacock Classic car insurance review March 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Say car insurance review Mar 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Car insurance engine
Get cheap car insurance quotes for you.
Ask an Expert