Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Maserati Quattroporte car insurance rates
Expect a hefty premium with this spacious luxury sedan.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Introduced in 2005, the Italian-made Quattroporte is nearly a Maserati classic. Today, it costs about $107,400, with an average monthly insurance premium of $433. It’s more expensive to cover than your typical Mercedes-Benz, but generally cheaper than a Ferrari.
Our top pick: Progressive
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance for the Maserati Quattroporte
Maserati average car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati Quattroporte?
In Italian, “quattroporte” means four doors. Maserati claims that this sports car combines “race-bred performance with unrivaled luxury.” Keep these factors in mind when buying insurance:
- Body type. It’s a large sedan, which can be less expensive to insure than coupes. But since this is a luxury vehicle inspired by racecars, that probably won’t help lower insurance.
- Fuel. The Quattroporte has a 16 city MPG and 23 highway MPG — an estimated 17 to 18 combined — which is about average for sedans.
- Maintenance. Maserati recommends only servicing your Quattroporte with genuine Maserati Parts, taking it to one of its dealerships for help. This can make parts and labor more expensive, especially since it’s a foreign car.
- Coverage. Since the Quattroporte is more expensive than your average car, consider shopping for luxury car insurance, which will have higher maximums that offer more adequate protection.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. And it includes roadside assistance, transferring your car to a dealership 24/7 when necessary.
- Transmission. The Quattroporte has automatic transmission, which can be more expensive to insure than manual due to an increased gearbox cost.
Does the Maserati Quattroporte qualify for discounts?
Though heralded mostly for its speed and good looks, the Quattroporte has some features that could qualify you for discounts, including:
- Optional emergency braking
- Optional adaptive cruise control
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Knee airbags
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati Quattroporte?
The Maserati Quattroporte costs more to insure because its considered a high priced luxury vehicle with a race car spin, a fast sedan can mean higher than average risk for insures. Also, this foreign car requires expensive parts and labor.
How reliable is the Maserati Quattroporte?
The Maserati Quattroporte features Italian contouring and a thrilling ride. Consider these factors when insuring yours:
- Safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety hasn’t tested this car for safety, likely because of how expensive it is.
- Reliability. Overall, customers seem to be happy with the Quattroporte’s performance. But keep in mind that its bespoke engineering can prove cumbersome, so regular maintenance checks are important.
- Recalls. There are currently 24 recalls for Quattroportes, dating back to 2004. Maserati promises to notify owners and to replace and repair the issues free of charge, but recalls are serious and pose a risk to owners if left unserviced.
The Maserati Quattroporte’s suave styling and powerful engine make for an appealing sports car, but it can be expensive to insure. Compare insurance rates to find the best deal.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Ask an Expert