Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Maserati Ghibli car insurance rates
It's sleek, Italian and an investment to protect.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Maserati Ghibli hits mid-range on the scale of luxury car insurance cost. With an MSRP of $74,300 and average monthly insurance rate of $385, it’s cheaper to insure than a Rolls-Royce or a McLaren, but more expensive than your average Jaguar. But insurance rates will differ depending on a range of factors, such as your driving history and location.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your Maserati Ghibli
Maserati average car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati Ghibli?
The Maserati Ghibli claims to combine “dynamic speed” and “ultimate refinement.” It’s an Italian car meant for winding roads and a smooth ride. Here’s what to keep in mind when shopping for insurance:
- Body type. It’s a mid-size sedan, which can be less expensive to insure than coupes. But since this is a luxury car it probably won’t make much of a difference.
- Fuel. The Ghibli is gasoline powered, with a 17 mpg city rating and a 24 mpg highway rating.
- Maintenance. Maserati recommends only servicing your Ghibli with genuine Maserati Parts, taking it to one of its dealerships for help. Parts and labor are likely to be more expensive, since it’s a specialty foreign car.
- Coverage. Regular insurance may not be enough to cover the value of your Ghibli. Since it’s more expensive than your average car, you may need to work with an agency that offers luxury coverage.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. And it includes roadside assistance, transferring your car to a dealership 24/7 when necessary — so no worries about purchasing that separately.
- Theft rates. Since these cars are pretty flashy, the theft rate is relatively low. This may help reduce insurance rates, but only by a fraction.
Does the Maserati Ghibli qualify for discounts?
The Maserati Ghibli is suave, exotic, and quintessentially Italian. It also comes equipped with decent safety features, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Knee airbags
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati Ghibli?
The Maserati Ghibli costs more to insure because it’s a luxury vehicle requiring genuine Maserati parts and a specialized dealership. Also, specialty foreign cars require a more complicated process for servicing, adding to its already high repair costs.
How reliable is the Maserati Ghibli?
While the Maserati has a sleek design and a romantic Italian reputation, its record for reliability and model recalls are less than stellar.
- Safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives the Ghibli a “good” rating for crashworthiness, which measures its ability to hold up in a crash. Its crash avoidance and mitigation was categorized as “basic.”
- Reliability. There’s no huge complaints about the Ghibli’s reliability, but it’s also not a shining star of perfection. Like any luxury car with bespoke engineering, regular maintenance is key to ensuring a dependable performance.
- Recalls. In 2018, Maserati issued recalls on certain Ghiblis due to two issues: an incomplete weld on the front sub-frame, and a possible leaky fuel delivery pipe in the engine compartment. Because these defects pose a considerable risk to the driver, Maserati offered free service and repair to affected vehicles.
While insuring a Maserati Ghibli will be pricey, high rates should be offset somewhat by the Ghibli missing the “supercar” classification. Be sure to shop around to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
Guardian dental insurance review 2021
This insurer has four dental plans to choose from — compare costs and features now.
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
Lemonade life insurance review
This fintech just branched out into low-cost life insurance — but its lineup is limited.
Combined life insurance review May 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
Car loans in Delaware
Local options offer rates under 4% for well-qualified borrowers.
Ask an Expert