We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Maserati Levante car insurance rates
Find coverage for the first SUV from this premium automaker.
Maserati is known for making alluring and powerful. The Levante — though bigger and with a back row for the kids — is no different. Its MSRP is $75,300, with an average monthly cost to insure of $291. While it’s one of the more expensive luxury SUVs to insure, you’re paying to protect its high-class Italian styling and specialized design.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare insurance for the Maserati Levante
Maserati average car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati Levante?
The Levante is comfortable and spacious for a sports car, with a five-person capacity and luxurious leather seats. Be conscious of the details when building your policy. Some things to keep in mind include:
- Body type. It’s a four-door SUV. While, in general, four-doors are cheaper to insure than two-doors, that doesn’t make much of a difference with this designer car.
- Fuel. It has an estimated 14mpg city rating and a 20mpg highway rating. While that’s not super efficient, some consumers have found the stats to be better in real-world testing.
- Maintenance. Maserati recommends only servicing your Levante with certified Genuine Maserati parts at its own retail and repair locations. Expect service to be expensive and potentially inconvenient if you don’t live close to a dealership.
- Coverage. Due to its high price, you may need to consider buying luxury car insurance for the Levante to insure maximums are high enough to cover its value.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. It includes roadside assistance so you won’t need to worry about purchasing that separately.
Does the Maserati Levante qualify for discounts?
The Maserati Levante is equipped with basic safety features that may help you save on insurance costs. These include:
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati Levante?
At $75,300, the Levante’s MSRP is enough to increase insurance rates due to its overall high value. Its most powerful model, the Levante Trofeo, has up to 590 horsepower and is capable of launching from 0 to 60mph in 3.7 seconds. In other words, the Levante’s speed and power can result in higher rates. Plus, the specialty parts and engineering mean repairs could be expensive.
How reliable is the Maserati Levante?
Maserati has a mixed reputation for dependability. While some customers laud the smooth ride, others are frustrated about needing to bring it in for repairs.
- Safety. The Levante hasn’t been tested by either the IIHS or the NHTSA for crashworthiness, so there’s not an official rating. But it comes with standard safety features found in most newer cars.
- Reliability. Stay diligent about getting regular maintenance and checkups to keep this vehicle’s bespoke engineering in tip-top shape.
- Recalls. Since 2016, Levante has had five recalls, including defects with the camera system, electrical system software, front subframe welds and electrical wiring. Maserati offers repair and replacement for qualifying vehicles for free.
While coverage for a Maserati Levante isn’t cheap, it’s still possible to get a good deal. Compare car insurance rates to make sure you’re not missing out.
Frequently asked questions about the Levante
Ask an Expert