Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Maserati Levante car insurance rates
Find coverage for the first SUV from this premium automaker.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Maserati is known for making alluring and powerful. The Levante — though bigger and with a back row for the kids — is no different. Its MSRP is $75,300, with an average monthly cost to insure of $291. While it’s one of the more expensive luxury SUVs to insure, you’re paying to protect its high-class Italian styling and specialized design.
Our top pick: Progressive
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance for the Maserati Levante
Maserati average car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati Levante?
The Levante is comfortable and spacious for a sports car, with a five-person capacity and luxurious leather seats. Be conscious of the details when building your policy. Some things to keep in mind include:
- Body type. It’s a four-door SUV. While, in general, four-doors are cheaper to insure than two-doors, that doesn’t make much of a difference with this designer car.
- Fuel. It has an estimated 14mpg city rating and a 20mpg highway rating. While that’s not super efficient, some consumers have found the stats to be better in real-world testing.
- Maintenance. Maserati recommends only servicing your Levante with certified Genuine Maserati parts at its own retail and repair locations. Expect service to be expensive and potentially inconvenient if you don’t live close to a dealership.
- Coverage. Due to its high price, you may need to consider buying luxury car insurance for the Levante to insure maximums are high enough to cover its value.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. It includes roadside assistance so you won’t need to worry about purchasing that separately.
Does the Maserati Levante qualify for discounts?
The Maserati Levante is equipped with basic safety features that may help you save on insurance costs. These include:
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati Levante?
The Maserati Levante costs more to insure because it’s a designer sports SUV that requires special servicing and parts. Also, the mere fact that this vehicle has a high MSRP converts to a high cost to insure.
How reliable is the Maserati Levante?
Maserati has a mixed reputation for dependability. While some customers laud the smooth ride, others are frustrated about needing to bring it in for repairs.
- Safety. The Levante hasn’t been tested by either the IIHS or the NHTSA for crashworthiness, so there’s not an official rating. But it comes with standard safety features found in most newer cars.
- Reliability. Stay diligent about getting regular maintenance and checkups to keep this vehicle’s bespoke engineering in tip-top shape.
- Recalls. Since 2016, Levante has had five recalls, including defects with the camera system, electrical system software, front subframe welds and electrical wiring. Maserati offers repair and replacement for qualifying vehicles for free.
While coverage for a Maserati Levante isn’t cheap, it’s still possible to get a good deal. Compare car insurance rates to make sure you’re not missing out.
Frequently asked questions about the Levante
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Ask an Expert