Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Maserati Levante car insurance rates
Find coverage for the first SUV from this premium automaker.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Maserati is known for making alluring and powerful. The Levante — though bigger and with a back row for the kids — is no different. Its MSRP is $75,300, with an average monthly cost to insure of $291. While it’s one of the more expensive luxury SUVs to insure, you’re paying to protect its high-class Italian styling and specialized design.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for the Maserati Levante
Maserati average car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati Levante?
The Levante is comfortable and spacious for a sports car, with a five-person capacity and luxurious leather seats. Be conscious of the details when building your policy. Some things to keep in mind include:
- Body type. It’s a four-door SUV. While, in general, four-doors are cheaper to insure than two-doors, that doesn’t make much of a difference with this designer car.
- Fuel. It has an estimated 14mpg city rating and a 20mpg highway rating. While that’s not super efficient, some consumers have found the stats to be better in real-world testing.
- Maintenance. Maserati recommends only servicing your Levante with certified Genuine Maserati parts at its own retail and repair locations. Expect service to be expensive and potentially inconvenient if you don’t live close to a dealership.
- Coverage. Due to its high price, you may need to consider buying luxury car insurance for the Levante to insure maximums are high enough to cover its value.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. It includes roadside assistance so you won’t need to worry about purchasing that separately.
Does the Maserati Levante qualify for discounts?
The Maserati Levante is equipped with basic safety features that may help you save on insurance costs. These include:
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati Levante?
The Maserati Levante costs more to insure because it’s a designer sports SUV that requires special servicing and parts. Also, the mere fact that this vehicle has a high MSRP converts to a high cost to insure.
How reliable is the Maserati Levante?
Maserati has a mixed reputation for dependability. While some customers laud the smooth ride, others are frustrated about needing to bring it in for repairs.
- Safety. The Levante hasn’t been tested by either the IIHS or the NHTSA for crashworthiness, so there’s not an official rating. But it comes with standard safety features found in most newer cars.
- Reliability. Stay diligent about getting regular maintenance and checkups to keep this vehicle’s bespoke engineering in tip-top shape.
- Recalls. Since 2016, Levante has had five recalls, including defects with the camera system, electrical system software, front subframe welds and electrical wiring. Maserati offers repair and replacement for qualifying vehicles for free.
While coverage for a Maserati Levante isn’t cheap, it’s still possible to get a good deal. Compare car insurance rates to make sure you’re not missing out.
Frequently asked questions about the Levante
More guides on Finder
Heacock Classic car insurance review October 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Acceptance car insurance review Oct 2020
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
GoAuto car insurance review October 2020
Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident?
How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Grundy classic car insurance review October 2020
Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review October 2020
Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
Compare jet ski insurance
Cruise with confidence knowing you could pay for any damage that happens while riding your jet ski.
Hagerty classic car insurance review October 2020
Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
Compare the best online car insurance companies
Compare the 5 best digital-focused car insurance companies.
Ask an Expert