Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Maserati GranTurismo car insurance rates
This powerful Italian sports car comes with high-cost coverage.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The GranTurismo has one of the highest MSRPs out of all Maserati cars, ringing in at $134,775 with an estimated average monthly cost to insure of $535. Its tantalizing race-car engine and iconic style suggest a thrilling ride, but covering this car is an investment in and of itself.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your Maserati GranTurismo
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati GranTurismo?
GranTurismo — GT for short — is an Italian term referring to cars that drive long distances, or “Grand Tours,” in high comfort and style. Some factors to keep in mind as you shop for insurance include:
- Body type. The GranTurismo is an expansive coupe which also comes as a convertible. While coupes are generally less expensive to insure, since this is a luxury speedster it’ll make little difference. And coverage for convertibles is usually pricier because they’re less secure.
- Fuel. It’s gasoline powered with a 13-mpg city rating and a 20-mpg highway rating, which is low-efficiency when compared to other coupes.
- Maintenance. Like any luxury auto retailer, Maserati recommends only servicing your GranTurismo with genuine Maserati Parts at one of its dealerships. Parts and labor are likely to be more expensive, due to specialization.
- Coverage. Consider buying luxury car insurance for your GranTurismo, since you’ll probably need higher maximums to cover the value of the car.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Maserati warranty includes roadside assistance, so there’s no need to purchase that separately through your insurance for the first few years.
Does the Maserati GranTurismo qualify for discounts?
The Maserati GranTurismo is fast and sexy, but the company also claims that safety is one of its top priorities. Some safety features that could get you an insurance discount include:
- Stability control (MSP)
- Rear-view camera
- ABS with electronic brakeforce distribution
- Antislip regulation
- Antilock brakes
- Adaptive light control
- Daytime running lights with LED technology
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati GranTurismo?
The Maserati GranTurismo costs more to insure because it boasts a fast racecar like engine making it a high-risk to insure. Also, this speedster requires more regular maintenance checks to ensure its special design is in tune.
How reliable is the Maserati GranTurismo?
Maserati makes alluring cars, which can fail to meet up to expectations in dependability.
- Safety. The GranTurismo has yet to be tested by the IIHS and the NHTSA for crashworthiness. But the Ghibli, another Maserati model, achieved a “good” rating, and the GT comes equipped with safety features.
- Reliability. The GT can generally be trusted to get you from point A to point B. But due to its paticular engineering and specialty design, it’s important to get regular maintenance checks to ensure everything’s in tune.
- Recalls. Maserati has issued no recalls for one of its GTs since 2012. And when an issue is uncovered, it offers free service and repair to affected vehicles.
Buying insurance for a Maserati GranTurismo can stack up, but it’s important to get a policy with maximums high enough to cover the cost of the vehicle. Still, take time to compare car insurance rates to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Frequently asked questions about the GranTurismo
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Investing in insurance stocks
Benefits and drawbacks of investing in insurance stocks.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
Heacock Classic car insurance review February 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Feb 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
ASPCA pet insurance review Feb 2021
Scoop up free benefits to go with wide policy options for cats, dogs or horses.
Car insurance engine
Get cheap car insurance quotes for you.
Root home insurance review February 2021
Put down roots with discounted coverage for car and home insurance in 12 states.
Ask an Expert