Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Maserati GranTurismo car insurance rates
This powerful Italian sports car comes with high-cost coverage.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The GranTurismo has one of the highest MSRPs out of all Maserati cars, ringing in at $134,775 with an estimated average monthly cost to insure of $535. Its tantalizing race-car engine and iconic style suggest a thrilling ride, but covering this car is an investment in and of itself.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your Maserati GranTurismo
How do I compare insurance for the Maserati GranTurismo?
GranTurismo — GT for short — is an Italian term referring to cars that drive long distances, or “Grand Tours,” in high comfort and style. Some factors to keep in mind as you shop for insurance include:
- Body type. The GranTurismo is an expansive coupe which also comes as a convertible. While coupes are generally less expensive to insure, since this is a luxury speedster it’ll make little difference. And coverage for convertibles is usually pricier because they’re less secure.
- Fuel. It’s gasoline powered with a 13-mpg city rating and a 20-mpg highway rating, which is low-efficiency when compared to other coupes.
- Maintenance. Like any luxury auto retailer, Maserati recommends only servicing your GranTurismo with genuine Maserati Parts at one of its dealerships. Parts and labor are likely to be more expensive, due to specialization.
- Coverage. Consider buying luxury car insurance for your GranTurismo, since you’ll probably need higher maximums to cover the value of the car.
- Warranty. Maserati’s New Car Limited Warranty lasts for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Maserati warranty includes roadside assistance, so there’s no need to purchase that separately through your insurance for the first few years.
Does the Maserati GranTurismo qualify for discounts?
The Maserati GranTurismo is fast and sexy, but the company also claims that safety is one of its top priorities. Some safety features that could get you an insurance discount include:
- Stability control (MSP)
- Rear-view camera
- ABS with electronic brakeforce distribution
- Antislip regulation
- Antilock brakes
- Adaptive light control
- Daytime running lights with LED technology
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Security system
Why is insurance so high for the Maserati GranTurismo?
The Maserati GranTurismo costs more to insure because it boasts a fast racecar like engine making it a high-risk to insure. Also, this speedster requires more regular maintenance checks to ensure its special design is in tune.
How reliable is the Maserati GranTurismo?
Maserati makes alluring cars, which can fail to meet up to expectations in dependability.
- Safety. The GranTurismo has yet to be tested by the IIHS and the NHTSA for crashworthiness. But the Ghibli, another Maserati model, achieved a “good” rating, and the GT comes equipped with safety features.
- Reliability. The GT can generally be trusted to get you from point A to point B. But due to its paticular engineering and specialty design, it’s important to get regular maintenance checks to ensure everything’s in tune.
- Recalls. Maserati has issued no recalls for one of its GTs since 2012. And when an issue is uncovered, it offers free service and repair to affected vehicles.
Buying insurance for a Maserati GranTurismo can stack up, but it’s important to get a policy with maximums high enough to cover the cost of the vehicle. Still, take time to compare car insurance rates to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Frequently asked questions about the GranTurismo
More guides on Finder
Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
Heacock Classic car insurance review October 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Oct 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Car insurance engine
Get cheap car insurance quotes for you.
GoAuto car insurance review October 2020
Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident?
How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps
Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
What is a combined single limit car insurance policy?
This type of limit applies to liability coverage, but it’s most common with commercial car insurance.
Compare jet ski insurance
Cruise with confidence knowing you could pay for any damage that happens while riding your jet ski.
Hagerty classic car insurance review October 2020
Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
Ask an Expert