Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Jaguar XF car insurance rates
What to expect for insuring your Jaguar XF
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Jaguar XF is a midsize luxury sedan that was introduced in 2007 and overhauled in 2015. While sedans are often less expensive to insure compared to SUVs and sports cars, its designation as a luxury vehicle will likely increase the cost of coverage.
But even though the Jaguar XF typically costs more to insure than the national average, it comes equipped with safety and security features that may help reduce costs.
How much does Jaguar XF car insurance cost?
Average insurance rates for the Jaguar XF come in around $184 a month, or $2,208 a year. Compared to the national average of $1,426 per year, this rate is $782 more expensive than average. The XF is on the higher end for other Jaguars, but it’s still lower than some other luxury sports cars.
Our top pick: Progressive
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance for your Jaguar XF
Car insurance rates for the Jaguar XF
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare car insurance for the Jaguar XF?
The cost of car insurance varies based on the location of the vehicle, the insurance provider and other variables. There are a number of factors to consider when comparing policies for the Jaguar FX, including:
- Body type. Sedans are cheaper to insure compared to SUVs and sports cars, but its classification as a luxury vehicle could increase the cost of coverage.
- Fuel. The XF has a gas engine, which is cheaper to insure compared to electric or hybrid engines.
- Theft rates. The Jaguar XF doesn’t have high theft rates, but sedans are stolen more frequently than any other type of vehicle.
- Repair costs. Maintenance and repairs on luxury vehicles like the Jaguar XF can be expensive, which may increase the cost of insurance.
- Coverage. Even if your state only requires liability protection, consider collision damage and comprehensive coverage to protect your XF, which will increase your premiums.
- Insurer options. While the XF is a luxury vehicle, you should have no trouble getting coverage. Consider a classic or luxury car insurance company if you have multiple high-value vehicles.
- Warranty. The Jaguar XF comes with a 5-year or 60,000-mile warranty that includes scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance, so you might not need those types of protection from your insurer.
- Build options. Choosing features that improve safety or reduce the likelihood of accidents could decrease the cost of insurance.
Does the Jaguar XF qualify for auto insurance discounts?
The Jaguar XF comes equipped with several features that could help you save on auto insurance.
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraint systems
- Anti-lock brakes
- New car discount
- Safety feature discount
How reliable is the Jaguar XF?
While the Jaguar XF doesn’t have safety ratings from the IIHS or NHTSA at this time, you’ll want to consider these factors.
- Reliability. The Jaguar XF has below average reliability ratings and has common issues that include transmission failures, coolant loss that causes engine overheating and ignition coil failure.
- Recalls. In January 2018, Jaguar recalled over 20,000 Jaguar XF models from years 2010-2015 for faulty airbag inflators, issues with fuel injection systems and electrical systems.
- Safety. The Jaguar XF comes equipped with a number of standard safety features.
The Jaguar XF is a midsize luxury sedan that’s packed with safety and driver assistance features. But even though sedans are often cheaper to insure than SUVs and sports cars, its classification as a luxury vehicle could increase the cost of coverage.
Frequently asked questions about the Jaguar XF
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Ask an Expert