Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Bentley Bentayga car insurance rates
Owning and insuring the fastest SUV in the world isn’t cheap.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
According to our research, the average cost to insure the Bentley Bentayga is around $301 a month — or $3,612 a year. Not every insurance company is willing to take on such an expensive car, though, so your exact rates and options may be limited.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your Bentley Bentayga
Bentley Bentayga car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare insurance for the Bentley Bentayga
Compare insurance rates for the Bentley Bentayga by considering factors like:
- Price. Bentaygas aren’t cheap to buy, and they’re usually not cheap to repair. Skimping on insurance coverage may not be in your best interest if you need to file a claim down the road.
- Deductible. In most cases, drivers of luxury cars want to steer clear of taking a huge deductible. Unless you know you’ll be able to foot the bill for repairs before insurance kicks in, go for a moderate or low deductible.
- Coverage. You’ll likely want coverage that goes well beyond state minimum insurance requirements. Since repairs can be costly, look into adding comprehensive and collision coverage to your policy. If you’re leasing or financing your Bentley, these coverage options may be required.
- Restrictions. Not every insurance company covers your Bentayga, so your options could be a bit limited.
- Manufacturer offers. Bentley offers a three-year, unlimited-mile roadside assistance package on all new vehicles, so don’t worry about adding this feature to your policy if you’re still covered by Bentley.
What factors affect car insurance for the Bentley Bentayga?
According to Bentley, the Bentayga is the fastest SUV ever made, reaching top speeds of 187 mph. With speed like that, expect insurance rates to climb. However, insuring a Bentayga likely is less expensive than insuring a luxury sports car like the Continental, Mulsanne or Flying Spur, since these cars can go faster and are typically considered high risk to insurance companies.
Your Bentayga might be a bit easier to get an insurance quote for than, say, a Mulsanne, but since SUVs are considered less risky than sports cars, you’ll still have to call around to get the most accurate quotes. Some insurance companies like Geico, Progressive, Esurance and Travelers won’t even touch a Bentley — SUV or not. Others, like Allstate, might insure your Bentley, but you probably won’t get an online quote. Erie and Farmers should give you a ballpark figure online, though.
Driver factors and insurance costs
Other than the make and model of your vehicle, driver factors like your age, gender, marital status, location and credit score affect your insurance rates. If you live in a city like LA that’s known for high crime rates, for example, you might pay a higher premium than a similar driver who lives in a smaller rural town with low theft rates.
Does the Bentley Bentayga qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Bentley Bentayga comes equipped with advanced safety features that insurance companies love, such as:
- Traction control
- Stolen vehicle tracking
- An antitheft alarm
- Antitheft ignition disable
- Parking assist
- Blind spot sensors
- Lane departure warnings
- A rearview camera
Reliability and safety ratings for the Bentley Bentayga
Official safety and reliability ratings aren’t available for the Bentayga, given that there aren’t that many out on the road. Plus, there really aren’t any similar super-fast SUVs out there to compare it to just yet — although Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini are slated to come out with similar models soon.
Bentleys do have a bit of a reputation for being unreliable, especially if you purchase a used model instead of buying new. But most drivers of luxury vehicles don’t use these cars as their daily driver, which could save you in repair costs and routine maintenance.
The Bentley Bentayga series maintenance
Like other Bentleys, the Bentayga could cost a pretty penny to maintain and repair. The average repair cost for this vehicle is $880, plus you can expect to pay around $500 annually for oil changes and an extra $1,400 to $2,500 per year for other routine maintenance.
Since you’ll most likely have to take your Bentayga to a Bentley dealership or specialty mechanic for repairs and maintenance, you might wait a while to get your car back, and you’ll probably pay more than you would at your average repair shop.
When did the Bentayga debut?
The Bentley Bentayga made its debut in 2016 as the brand’s first ever SUV. This vehicle, which weighs more than a big pickup truck, also tops the charts as the world’s fastest SUV to date, and there really isn’t anything else like it on the road right now.
In 2017, an extravagant Bentayga model called the Mulliner was introduced, which could cost even more to insure and repair. Not much has changed with the 2018 models, other than an optional appearance package with black wheels and more chrome and another package with a third row of seating.
Compare Bentley Bentayga competitors
Looking for other car brands? Compare car makes and models that are similar to the Bentley Bentayga.
Bentleys are chart-topping luxury cars with some serious speed. Because of this, you’ll pay top dollar to insure, repair and maintain one, including the record-breaking Bentayga.
Compare insurance rates from multiple providers to find the best value on coverage that makes sense for your luxury vehicle.
Frequently asked questions about the Bentley Bentayga
Ask an Expert