What to expect when insuring this sleek luxury sedan.
The Bentley Flying Spur is the successor of the Bentley Continental, a four-door luxury sedan, initially released in 2003. Like all other Bentley vehicles, the Flying Spur features top-of-the-line details and design considerations.
But this kind of luxury comes at a price. The Bentley Flying Spur has an average insurance cost of $8,800 per year — almost seven times the national average of $1,300. This could be due to its $200,000 price tag or 600 horsepower engine, though it does have a number of features that may help reduce the cost of insurance.
Compare insurance for your Bentley Flying Spur
How much does Bentley Flying Spur car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Bentley Flying Spur?
As a high-end vehicle, the Bentley Flying Spur has a much higher insurance premium than a standard sedan. However, it comes packed with a suite of driver assistance and safety features that reduces the probability and impact of accidents, which might help you save on insurance.
- Body type. Sedans are one of the cheapest types of cars to insure, but the Flying Spur’s price tag and classification as a luxury vehicle could increase the cost of coverage.
- Fuel. The Flying Spur has a gas engine, which is cheaper to insure than diesel or hybrid.
- Theft rates. The Bentley Flying Spur doesn’t have high theft rates and comes with anti-theft technology that may help you save on insurance.
- Repair costs. Maintenance and repairs on luxury vehicles like this one will likely be expensive, which helps explain the high cost of coverage.
- Coverage. Although they may not be required, collision and comprehensive coverage can add extra protection, which might be a good call considering this car’s price tag.
- Insurer options. While most providers should cover this vehicle, you could get better rates from smaller insurers that specialize in luxury vehicles.
- Build options. Adding safety or driver assistance features could reduce the cost of insurance, whereas features that add to its power or overall cost may increase premiums.
Does the Bentley Flying Spur qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Every Bentley Flying Spur comes equipped with safety and security features that could help you lower your insurance premiums. Some of those features include:
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraint systems
- Anti-lock brakes
- Safety feature discount
- Adaptive cruise control
- Stability control system
How reliable is the Bentley Flying Spur?
The Bentley Flying Spur is produced in small numbers with exceptional attention to detail, so they’re often more reliable than most mass produced vehicles. Before insuring, consider its …
- Safety. The Bentley Flying Spur doesn’t have crash test ratings yet, but it has safety features that can help prevent accidents and protect passengers.
- Reliability. The Bentley Flying Spur is often more reliable than most mass-produced vehicles. There have been some reported problems with switches and ECU connections, but no major recurring issues.
- Recalls. Bentley recalled some 2012, 2013 and 2014 Flying Spur models for a loose battery cable that could cause electrical issues.
The Bentley Flying Spur is a luxury sedan with a starting price of over $200,000. While it comes packed with a suite of driver assistance and safety features that could be eligible for auto insurance discounts, coverage for this vehicle will likely be expensive.
Make sure to compare your options to get the best coverage and price for your situation.
Frequently asked questions about the Bentley Flying Spur
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: