Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Aston Martin Vantage car insurance rates
What to expect for insuring your Aston Martin Vantage
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
You’ll likely have to look for specialty luxury car insurance to cover the Aston Martin Vantage. And with its specialized parts and maintenance needs, you’ll want higher coverage.
How much does Vantage car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Compare insurance providers that cover the Aston Martin DB11
How do I compare insurance for the Vantage?
This car is built for performance and style. Consider its body, engine and warranty when looking for insurance.
- Body type. The Vantage is a luxury sports car, placing it on the higher end for car insurance premiums.
- Fuel. As you might expect, this car doesn’t get great gas mileage — coming in at around 14 to 16 mpg for combined city and highway driving. That’s due to the manufacturer’s focus on its performance versus economy.
- Maintenance. European sports cars are known to have expensive maintenance costs. Basic upkeep and repairs require extra costs because of specialized parts.
- Theft rates. Despite the car’s higher value, the Vantage is rarely stolen.
- Coverage. From the sticker price to the maintenance and repairs, this is a costly vehicle. Consider getting comprehensive coverage as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist, loan/lease gap coverage and collision with a high limit.
- Insurer options. Some big providers like Geico may not cover this luxury sports car, but many insurance companies still will.
- Warranty. The Vantage comes with a 3-year, unlimited mileage warranty that covers basic needs.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Vantage?
The Aston Martin Vantage costs more to insure because it requires specialized parts, making it expensive to repair. Also, a more powerful engine means higher premiums for this car made in the UK.
Does the Aston Martin Vantage qualify for discounts?
The Vantage can help you offset your insurance premium with safety discounts:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Driving stability control
Why is insurance so high for the Vantage?
The Vantage gives you a top-quality ride, but it also has top insurance rates. Its rate is higher than average for several reasons:
- High ticket price. This entry-level Aston Martin still ranges in the six figures. Your insurance company will have to pay top price to repair or replace, increasing your premium.
- Higher coverage. Many luxury car owners choose to protect their valuable investment with extra coverage.
- Powerful engine. The Vantage comes with over 500 horsepower to satisfy your need for speed. However, the powerful engine means you’re more likely to use it at higher speeds on the road.
- Specialized repairs. This European car may need parts imported overseas, making repairs a more costly endeavor.
- Smaller body size. Relative to family midsized sedans, sports cars have smaller body types that also make for a tempting, speedy ride.
How reliable is the Aston Martin Vantage?
The Vantage appears reliable with few recalls. However, it hasn’t been reviewed for safety by top organizations. That fact could affect your insurance premium.
- Safety. Neither the NHTSA or IIHS have safety ratings for this vehicle.
- Reliability. Both V8 and V12 versions offer reliability for day-to-day drivers and for weekend drivers who perform regular maintenance.
- Recalls. There have been a few recalls for this car. One V8 Vantage recall involved passengers not being able to unlock the doors from inside the car when it had been locked from the outside.
In addition, the V12 has had several recalls, including the door-locking problem. It has also had issues with the throttle pedal arm breaking. This problem could render the driver unable to control engine speed.
The Aston Martin Vantage includes several safety features that might help you get an insurance discount. Insurance companies may also like the car’s low theft rates. Still, insuring a luxury European sports car will always have its downsides.
Frequently asked questions about the Vantage
Read more on this topic
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
How to get your claim paid without receipts No receipts? See how you can still get your insurance claim paid with different types of policies.
What is a combined single limit car insurance policy? This type of limit applies to liability coverage, but it’s most common with commercial car insurance.
Car insurance in no-fault vs. at-fault states How your state determines fault affects your claims settlement and insurance premiums.
Hagerty classic car insurance review July 2020 Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
How do I prevent keyless car theft? Keyless cars can be easy to steal with cheap tech, but are they stolen more often?
Ask an Expert