Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Aston Martin DB11 car insurance rates
What to expect when you’re insuring this luxury vehicle.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Aston Martin DB11 is a two-door grand tourer that’s available as a coupe or convertible. This high-end vehicle is designed for speed and performance, hence the $200,000 MSRP. Its six-figure price tag and luxurious design are two of the many reasons why car insurance for the Aston Martin costs about $7,800 per year — about six times the national average.
However, it comes equipped with a suite of safety and driver-assistance features that could help reduce its cost of coverage.
Our top pick: Progressive
Get unlimited discounts and score a lower deductible every 6 months you don't make a claim.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance providers that cover the Aston Martin DB11
How do I compare insurance for Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 is a luxury performance vehicle with top-of-the-line features and designs, making it very expensive to insure. Most major providers offer coverage for Aston Martins, though you may find specialized coverage with a high-performance car insurance provider.
Regardless of which option you choose, every provider considers certain factors when calculating your cost of coverage.
- Body type. Two-door coupes like the DB11 are more expensive to insure than four door sedans.
- Fuel. The DB11 has a gas engine, which is usually cheaper to insure compared to diesel and hybrid engines.
- Theft rates. The Aston Martin DB11 comes with solid anti-theft features and isn’t a common target for theft, which could help reduce the cost of coverage.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and repairs on this vehicle can be expensive, so expect to pay a higher premium.
- Coverage. On a car this rare and expensive, you’ll probably want collision and comprehensive coverage, which can increase your insurance premiums.
- Insurer options. You could get coverage from major providers, but you could pay less using a provider that specializes in luxury car insurance.
- Warranty. The DB11 is protected by a three year or unlimited mileage warranty, but you might want to consider additional coverage, an extended warranty or mechanical breakdown coverage.
- Safety. This vehicle is produced in small quantities, so it’s not likely to be crash-tested, which could contribute to the high cost of coverage.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 costs more to insure because two-doors are viewed by insurance companies as sports cars more likely to be in an accident. If your car is in an accident, higher quality parts and a more complicated repair process also contribute to higher premiums for this car made in the UK.
Does the Aston Martin DB11 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
While the Aston Martin DB11 is a high performance car that’s expensive to insure, it could qualify for these auto insurance discounts that may help reduce your cost of coverage:
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin DB11?
Aston Martins are built with safety in mind, but because of their limited availability, have not been crash tested.
- Safety. Only about 1,000 Aston Martin DB11s have been produced, so it hasn’t seen crash testing by the NHTSA or IIHS. However, it comes equipped with plenty of airbags and driver assistance features.
- Reliability. The DB11 doesn’t have official reliability ratings, but other than minor paint imperfections and rare clutch issues, there don’t seem to be many common issues with this vehicle.
- Recalls. Some 2017 to 2018 DB11 Coupe models were recalled due to front airbags deploying unexpectedly, caused by a faulty steering column. Additionally, some 2017 models were recalled for an incorrectly calibrated tire pressure monitoring system.
The Aston Martin DB11 is a high-end performance grand touring vehicle designed to the highest standards. Its luxurious design, six-figure price tag and lack of safety ratings are a few of the many reasons why it’s so expensive to insure. However, with the right provider and car insurance discounts, you might be able to find more affordable coverage.
Frequently asked questions about Aston Martin DB11
Read more on this topic
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
How to get your claim paid without receipts No receipts? See how you can still get your insurance claim paid with different types of policies.
What is a combined single limit car insurance policy? This type of limit applies to liability coverage, but it’s most common with commercial car insurance.
Car insurance in no-fault vs. at-fault states How your state determines fault affects your claims settlement and insurance premiums.
Hagerty classic car insurance review July 2020 Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
How do I prevent keyless car theft? Keyless cars can be easy to steal with cheap tech, but are they stolen more often?
Ask an Expert