Tender Filet Credit review
A credit account with a purchase APR as low as 5.75% fixed.
- Get this credit account if you’re a frequent customer at The Tender Filet.
- Pick something else if you don’t often make purchases at this mail-order company.
- Apply if you have a poor to fair credit score of 300 or above.
5.75% to 25.99%
Purchase APR (fixed)
Recommended credit score
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
This is a line of credit you can use exclusively at Tender Filet Credit, a mail-order company that sells steaks, beef, poultry, seafood, snacks and other foods. It has a $0 annual fee and a fixed purchase APR of 5.75% to 25.99%. Note that you’re more likely to receive a lower interest rate if you have a strong FICO score.
While this credit account can be useful if you’re a frequent customer at Tender Filet Credit, it doesn’t offer rewards. If this is important to you, you might get more out of a flat-rate cashback card like the PayPal Cashback Mastercard®.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay anything to have access to this credit account.
- Purchase APR as low as 5.75% fixed. With excellent credit, you may qualify for a purchase APR close to this figure. A low interest rate can be useful if you want to pay for your purchases over time.
- Payments as low as $10 a month. Each billing period, your minimum monthly payment varies by your highest new balance. With a highest new balance up to $75, you’ll have a minimum payment of $10. If it’s between $3,000 and $3,150, your minimum payment will be $105.If your highest new balance is over $3,150, your minimum monthly payment will be 3.34% of that balance.
Consider paying off your balance in full each month — especially if your account has a high purchase APR or you spend a lot at The Tender Filet. This will ensure you don’t accrue interest.
You’ll also like
- Opportunity to receive a higher credit limit. You may receive a higher credit limit as you consistently make on-time payments.
What to watch out for
- No rewards. Many other credit cards offer rewards such as cash back, points or miles.
Compare store credit cards
This credit account could be a good choice if you’re a frequent customer at The Tender Filet. Watch the interest rate you receive, and consider paying off your balance in full each month — especially if you get a high APR.
If you’re not sure this credit account is right for you, consider a cashback or travel credit card.
Frequently asked questions
- Is such a low purchase APR typical?
No. The average purchase APR is around 17%.
- How do I use this account?
To use your account, go to the checkout page and choose the Credit option.
- Can my activity with this account affect my credit score?
Yes. The credit bureau will receive reports on your payment activity, and if your payments are late you could exceed your credit limit or negatively affect your credit score.