- Why trust us?
Our writers and editors thoroughly research the student loan providers you read about on this page. Some of us are repaying student loans now, so we can relate to your anxiety firsthand. While we make money from our partner loan providers to grow our company and expand our content, we hold strict editorial guidelines to ensure that information is accurate and objective. Learn more about how finder works on our About Us page.
Compare offers from private lenders, learn about refinancing and consolidation options and explore the full timeline of what happens after you take out your first student loan.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Compare up to 4 providers
Read more on this topic
- Student Freedom Initiative ISA review
An alternative to high-cost students loans for STEM majors at qualifying HBCUs.
- What the second stimulus means for student loans
Check out extra ways to keep costs down once relief ends.
- Will Joe Biden cancel student loan debt?
Biden doesn’t have an official plan to eliminate student debt. But his platform could make forgiveness more attainable for low-income borrowers.
- Is income-driven repayment (IDR) a good idea?
We break down why it might not be a good idea for all borrowers.
- Student loan refinancing ratings methodology
How we determine the scores for our reviews.
- Student loan ratings methodology
The 10 metrics that help us rank the lenders we review.
- 6 top scholarships for Black American students
Check out these national scholarships of up to $40,000 available to Black American students based on merit, need and more.
- New Mexico scholarships, student loans and grants
Explore options available to New Mexico residents — including the New Mexico Opportunity Scholarship.
- How financial aid disbursement works
What you should expect at the beginning of your academic term.
- MyFSApay Payment Vehicle Account Program
The myFSApay pilot program runs until December 2020 — here’s how to get one before then.