See if Bank of America has the card you need by checking out the offers and information below
Bank of America credit cards offer a range of rewards and features including cash rewards, donations to charity, no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees. There are even cards intended to help cardholders build or rebuild credit. And because Bank of America is partnered with Visa and Mastercard, their cards are accepted worldwide.
Compare Bank of America Credit Cards
- World’s best bank in financing and diversity. Euromoney awarded the title to Bank of America July 6, 2016, celebrating BofA’s ability to deliver the financing products and advice that customers need, worldwide.
- Global leader according to the Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index. Gender-conscious product offerings, strong representation of women throughout the company, benefit programs, and support of communities across the nation lead to BofA being named one of the top international leaders in gender-equality.
- Greenest. The Environmental Finance’s Green Bond Awards named BofA the top green underwriter of 2015.
Compare Bank of America Credit Cards Features
Bank of America has several different credit cards to try to meet your personal needs. If you’re looking to transfer a balance, earn rewards, or are seeking a card without the overhead of an annual fee, you may be able to find a card that is right for you. With 1% cashback on everyday purchases, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas and the ability to earn 25% or more with the Preferred Rewards program, you can easily benefit from using qualifying cards.
- No Annual Fee. Bank of America offers 15 different cards that have no annual fee. These cards include the BankAmericard Cash Rewards, BankAmericard Travel Rewards, BankAmericard, BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards, Pink Ribbon BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card, MLB, World Wildlife Fund, U.S. Pride, Norwegian Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards, AAA Member Rewards, BankAmericard Cash Rewards for Students, BankAmericard Travel Rewards for Students, and BankAmericard for students.
- Low intro APR on balance transfers. If you’re looking to transfer a balance from another card, Bank of America provides cards that have a low introductory APR to ease the transition. BankAmericard Cash Rewards, BankAmericard, BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards, Pink Ribbon BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card, MLB, World Wildlife Fund, U.S. Pride, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards, AAA Member Rewards, BankAmericard Cash Rewards for Students, and BankAmericard for students all feature balance transfer capabilities and the low intro APR.
- No foreign transaction fee. Bank of America offers several card options for international travelers. BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Alaska Airlines Visa Signature, Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard, Virgin Atlantic, and Celebrity Cruises cards each have no foreign transaction fees and introductory offers that include bonus rewards.
- Low intro APR on purchases. Even if you’re not transferring a balance, Bank of America offers several credit card options that include low introductory APRs on purchases.
Benefits of banking with Bank of America
Cardholders qualify for several different benefits by banking with Bank of America. Each benefit has its own way of making your life easier, from giving you alternative ways to pay, to account management on the go.
- Preferred Rewards program. Enrolling in the Preferred Rewards program allows access to 25% or more rewards. Qualifying Bank of America deposit accounts and/or Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts will also receive more benefits with enrollment in the program. Each tier of the program has increasing rewards, with a sliding scale of Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Honors, each with their own set of qualification parameters.
- Digital Wallet Technology. As a Bank of America cardholder, you can register your credit card or cards with Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Samsung Pay, allowing you to pay straight from your mobile device. These applications allow you to make in-store and in-app purchases, and with Visa Checkout you can shop at any site with the Visa Checkout button with just one sign-in.
- 24/7 Banking. Online and mobile banking makes it quick and easy to access any of your credit card accounts on the go. In the app and mobile website, cardholders can do everything from check available credit to transfer funds, and even make payments. Alerts about balances and due dates can also be set up to keep you on top of what is happening in your account through text or email.
How to apply for a credit card with Bank of America
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply, 21 years of age or older if a permanent resident of Puerto Rico
- Applicants must have a valid Social Security number
To complete the application, have the following information and documents ready. Required documents:
- Full name and date of birth
- Street address and phone number
- Valid email address
- Employment status
- Total annual income
Frequently asked questions
Below are some of the questions that you might have regarding receiving and using a Bank of America credit card.