We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare Wells Fargo credit cards
This well-known bank offers cards with competitive APRs and a secured card for those building credit.
While it doesn’t have as many credit cards as its big-bank rivals Chase or Bank of America, Wells Fargo offers a strong stable of products. If you’re looking for a card with solid cash back, an excellent intro APR or strong travel rewards, Wells Fargo might have exactly what you need.
Compare Wells Fargo credit cards
Best Wells Fargo credit cards
Wells Fargo offers just a handful of cards, but most of them pack a punch. It’s generous with its intro APRs, and is a solid contender against the popular Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card. Lastly, its American Express product easily hangs with the best travel cards on the market.
Best for intro APR: Wells Fargo Platinum Card
Best for cash back: Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
Best for travel: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
Best for everyday purchases: Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card
How we chose our best cards
Cards that offered top-notch rewards in their markets got spots on our “best” list. We also looked for features that gave cards an edge on the competition. In Wells Fargo’s case, introductory APRs are a strong differentiator.
What’s changed in 2019
Wells Fargo’s travel card in particular continues to impress. As before, it offers strong travel rewards and a market-leading welcome offer for a no-annual-fee card.
Wells Fargo rewards program
For its reward cards, Wells Fargo offers either cash back or points. Cash back is redeemed by:
- Cash withdrawal through your Wells Fargo debit or ATM card.
- Direct deposit into your Wells Fargo checking or savings account.
- Applying it as credit to your eligible Wells Fargo mortgage principal balance.
If your card gives points, you can redeem them for a variety of rewards that may include:
- Cash rewards
- Gift cards
- Digital downloads
- Online auctions
How can I redeem rewards?
To redeem rewards, log on to your credit card account on the Wells Fargo site. You may also redeem cash rewards from a Wells Fargo ATM.
How much are rewards worth?
Wells Fargo points are usually worth a 1 cent apiece, which is the industry standard. You’ll typically get this rate even for gift cards, which other providers sometimes offer at lower rates.
Typical card features and benefits of a Wells Fargo card
- No annual fee. Almost all Wells Fargo cards come with no annual fee, which is a great value. The exception is the Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card, which has a $25 annual fee.
- Rewards. Most Wells Fargo products offer solid rewards, such as cash back and travel points.
- Intro APR periods. Wells Fargo offers a variety of cards with intro APRs on purchases and balance transfers.
- A variety of ongoing APRs. You’ll find a wide APR range for Wells Fargo credit cards, from slightly lower than average to a maximum APR that is almost as high as the typical 29.99% that some providers assess as a penalty APR.
- Mobile app. You can download the bank’s mobile app to monitor your account, make payments and more.
How do I apply for a Wells Fargo card?
Visit the Wells Fargo website and click Apply now near the bottom of the card details. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required information on hand.
- You must be 18 or older.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to provide information that includes:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Your email address and phone number.
- Financial information like your annual income and income source.
How does Wells Fargo keep my credit card information secure?
Wells Fargo deploys advanced features to identify customers, such as Advanced Access for high-risk transactions, two-step verification and biometric authentication for the Wells Fargo app.
When you enter your personal information on the Wells Fargo website, it’s encrypted so it’s unreadable by prying eyes. Wells Fargo may block access to its site if your browser is outdated, as this poses a security risk. If your web session idles, you’ll automatically be logged off.
The bank also offers 24/7 fraud monitoring and $0 liability for unauthorized transactions.
Wells Fargo offers many easy-to-understand cards with no annual fees. Many of its cards even go toe to toe with products from other major providers.
If you’re uncertain whether a Wells Fargo product is right for you, check out other credit card providers to compare more options.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert