Compare low fee, low rate, rewards, frequent flyer credit cards from Chase, and find the card that suits your needs.
Chase Bank was founded in 2000, but the company is a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase, which has a history that goes back to 1799. Chase Bank has positioned itself as one of the leading banks in the United States, and as such, they have a lot to offer in terms of credit cards. Chase offers cards for balance transfers, low rate credit cards, low fee credit cards, rewards credit cards, and travel credit cards.
Chase recognized awards
Chase has been awarded…
- National Bank Brand of the Year by the 2016 Harris Poll EquiTrend®, making it the fifth year in a row.
- National Achievement in Consumer Banking and in Premier Banking Award. (TNS Choice Awards, 2015).
- Other notable awards include: No. 1 in Credit Cards, and No. 1 Most Visited U.S. Banking Portal.
Types of Chase Credit Cards
There are several different types of credit cards that are offered by Chase. It’s important when you’re looking for a credit card, to examine the various fees and features of each card before you make your decision. The annual fee, the interest rates for purchases, balance transfers, cash advances, and perks associated with each card are the main aspects to consider. Chase has a couple different cards in each major category, so regardless of what you’re looking for, you have a couple options to choose from.
- Balance transfer credit cards. Chase has several cards that offer balance transfer promotions, making it easy to pay down your existing credit card debt at a lower interest rate. If balance transfer is something you’re looking into, then you’ll need your existing credit card details handy to apply. Once After your application has been approved, it usually takes anywhere between 3-15 business days to transfer your existing debt to your new Chase credit card. There are a couple cards in particular that offer introductory balance transfer rates of 0% like the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and Slate cards.
- Low rate credit cards. The majority of Chase credit cards have an APR (annual percentage rate) between 14.49% and 23.24%. The rate that you get will often be tied to your creditworthiness. Because the interest rate doesn’t change too much between the types of cards, you can look at other defining factors such as annual fee, foreign transaction fees, and rewards to make your decision. That being said, there are several cards that offer an introductory rate of 0% like the Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards.
- Low fee credit cards. The Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards offer no annual fee, as do the Slate and a couple of the brand specific reward cards. The best way to utilize a $0 annual fee cards, is to pay your balance in full at the end of each billing cycle. This method offers to the opportunity to finance larger purchases without paying interest on those purchases. There are also cards with better rewards that charge a relatively low annual. You should make sure that you’ll use the card and rewards enough to justify paying an annual fee.
- Rewards credit cards. Chase offers reward cards for several different major brands including Disney, Amazon, AARP, and popular hotel chains like Marriott and Hyatt. These cards have a variety of perks, but the majority of them come with an annual fee, sometimes a relatively high one at that. Make sure the rewards you receive are balanced well with the amount that you’ll use the card. You don’t want to have a fee and spend less on the card per year than the amount that you pay in annual fees.
- Frequent flyer credit cards. The airline specific credit cards can be a great choice for people that fly a lot with a specific airline. Chase offers airline specific cards through Southwest, United, British Airways, and they also have two cards, the Sapphire Preferred and Sapphire Reserve that have their own rewards for all travel purchases. These cards all come with a variety of annual fees, but the interest rates are all about the same and they are tied to your credit worthiness. The annual fees for these cards range anywhere from $85 to $450; the higher annual fees can sometimes come with fantastic rewards, so if you’re a person that travels a lot, these numbers may sound high, but could be worth your investment depending on how frequently you fly.
The benefits of banking with Chase
Chase Bank is one of the leading banks in the country and as such, there are many benefits to having an account.
- Internet banking - Chase Bank offers one of the most highly-rated mobile and internet banking presences in the country. They were recently ranked the No. 1 Most Visited U.S. Banking Portal. You can easily access your account from your mobile device or a computer.
- Fraud protection - The Chase Security Center offers anti-fraud protection for your account, shielding you from unauthorized purchases. You can sign-up to receive communication about irregular activity in the format that meets your needs. Should Chase discover anything, they will contact you to confirm the purchase. Chase offers those who have fallen victim of credit card fraud a full refund for the amount of funds stolen, and they will issue a new card and number immediately.
- MasterCard and Visa - Chase offers cards under both MasterCard and Visa. Both companies offer benefits outside of those offered by Chase and many people are unaware of what those benefits actually are. MasterCard offers extended warranties on select products purchased as well as their own version of fraud protection. Visa offers Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver and their Signature cards offer discounts on select entertainment properties like concerts. In addition to these benefits, you have more buying power in more places with Visa and MasterCard, as these cards are accepted at millions of locations worldwide.
How to apply for a Chase credit card
If you are interested in applying for any of the cards you see on this page, you can click on the ‘Go to Site’ button. Each card has eligibility requirements that you need to meet to apply.There are some eligibility requirements you must meet if you want to apply. The minimum income requirement varies depending on the card you want to apply for, so you should be sure to check the requirements before completing the application.
Information needed for an Chase credit card application
Make sure you have the following bits of information about you and your finances available to help you complete the Chase credit card application.
- Driver’s license.
- Social Security Card.
- Email address and Phone Number.
- Personal details. This includes information like your contact details, your home address and your email address.
- Financial details. You will be asked to provide information about your employer and your financial situation (income and expenses).
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Chase use mobile banking?
Yes, your bank now goes where you go. Simply visit Chase.com on your mobile browser and log on. You can access your accounts from your phone virtually anywhere, anytime.
Does Chase have an App?
Yes, and it’s free! The Chase Mobile App combines the benefits of Chase.com with the power of your iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, BlackBerry® or Kindle Fire. This app also allows you to deposit checks using Chase checking account.
Is the Chase website secure?
Chase uses Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology to secure your personal information whenever confidential information is passed (e.g. after completion of an application online or logging on to Chase Online). SSL secretly encodes your information via public key cryptography as it’s being transmitted over the Internet between your computer and Chase. To ensure a web page is secure, look for a lock symbol in the corner of your browser’s screen.
Can I receive an electronic version of my Chase credit card statement online?
To view your statement online, follow these steps:
- Log on to your Chase.com account using your User id and password.
- Select “See Statements” from the “My Accounts” page. The past three years of statements will be accessible.
- Click on the date of the statement you would like to view.
- PDF of that statement will open in a new browser window.
How do I get a PIN?
Chase automatically assigns a PIN to your account when you are approved for a Chase credit card. You will receive your PIN by mail after you receive your new Chase credit card.
How is interest calculated on my Chase credit card?
If you’re carrying a balance on your Chase credit card, interest is calculated on a daily basis and charged monthly.
What is my monthly credit card statement?
A monthly statement details your credit card activity for the month. Your Chase credit card statement will show the amount you have purchased, the transaction history, the payments made, and whether you have earned any rewards for the previous month’s purchases. You can sign-up for paperless statements or choose to receive paper statements from Chase.
What is my minimum monthly payment?
The minimum monthly payment is usually a percentage of your total outstanding balance. This amount is required to be paid back by the due date each month.
Does the annual fee collect interest?
The annual fee will accrue interest just like a purchase does.