Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare U.S. Bank credit cards
A range of cards that come with great reward potential.
U.S. Bank offers the variety of credit card options and cobranded cards you’d expect from the fifth largest commercial bank in the US.
However, it’s only in recent years that U.S. Bank has released especially attention-grabbing cards. Among them are several premier cards, such as the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card, that offer standout reward opportunities or unique flexibility in the way you make the most of your card.
What's in this guide?
- Best of U.S. Bank credit cards
- Compare U.S. Bank credit cards
- Full list of U.S. Bank credit cards
- How to apply for a U.S. Bank card
- U.S. Bank rewards program
- Typical card features and benefits of a U.S. Bank card
- How does U.S. Bank keep my credit card information secure?
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
Best of U.S. Bank credit cards
Travel rewards card: U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards® Visa Signature® Card
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards® Visa Signature® Card combines simplicity with flexibility. You’ll earn 2x FlexPoints on the eligible category you spend the most on each month and you can get a head start on your earnings with an easy to obtain signup bonus.
- Flexible reward earnings.
You’ll earn 2x FlexPoints on the category you spend the most on each month: airlines, gas stations or grocery stores. Earn 2x FlexPoints at eligible cellphone service providers and 1x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Signup bonus.
Earn 25,000 FlexPoints when you spend $2,000 on eligible net purchases within the first 4 months of account opening.
- Introductory annual fee.
U.S. Bank will waive your annual fee for your first 12 months. After that, you’ll pay $49 each year.
Business rewards: U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
Though some of U.S. Bank’s other business cards might offer more customization or a travel focus, the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard® offers great raw value when it comes to cash back. Earn 3% cash back on eligible purchases along with a solid introductory bonus (see rates & fees).
- Cashback rewards.
Earn 3% cash back on cellular, gas and office supply store net purchases, and earn 1% cash back on all other eligible net purchases.
- Signup bonus.
Earn $200 cash back when you spend $1,000 on eligible net purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- No annual fee.
This card carries no annual fee and additional employee cards are free of charge.
0% intro APR: U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
The U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card offers a longer than average introductory purchase APR and balance transfer APR. This period is a great opportunity for savings.
- Intro APR period.
U.S. Bank offers a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months after you open your account. After that, you’ll pay a 13.99% – 24.99% variable APR.
- Cellphone protection.
Receive protection on cellphone damage or theft when you pay your cellphone bill with your card.
- Fraud protection.
Receive notifications of any unusual card activity on your account.
Establishing credit: Harley-Davidson® Visa® Secured Card
Despite the cobranding, the Harley-Davidson® Visa® Secured Card is a terrific option for just about anyone looking to rebuild their credit.
- No annual fee
You won’t need to pay to use this card to rebuild your credit.
- Apply with poor credit.
Even those with poor or no credit can apply.
- Harley rewards.
This card comes with a rewards program in the form of points you can redeem on Harley-Davidson gift cards.
How we selected our top cards
When choosing our U.S. Bank credit card picks, we looked at a few features, including reward opportunities, annual fees, purchase APRs other perks that a consumer might consider when browsing cards. Those cards that outperformed the others in a given category were chosen for our list.
What’s changed in 2020
The Harley-Davidson® Visa® Secured Card is something of a surprise addition to the list, as it performs quite well at helping users build credit, despite the branding of the card.
Compare U.S. Bank credit cards
Full list of U.S. Bank credit cards
- U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card
- U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
- U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
- U.S. Bank Business Platinum
- U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card
- U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Business Travel Rewards
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card
- U.S. Bank Flexperks® Select+ American Express® Card
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards® Visa Signature® Card
- U.S. Bank Secured Visa® Card
- U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card
How to apply for a U.S. Bank card
You can apply for a U.S. Bank credit card in person or online. To apply online, simply head to the credit card section of the U.S. site, click on the card you’re interested in and then click the “Apply now” button on the credit card page.
To apply for a U.S. Bank credit card, you’ll need to be 18 years of age, a legal resident of the United States and have a Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. You’ll also need to have the following information available:
- Personal information. Your full name, date of birth, Social Security Number, place of residence, phone number and email address.
- Income and employment information. You’ll need to provide U.S. Bank with information regarding your employment status, total annual income and the source of that income.
- If you’re applying for a secured card, you’ll also need to provide information on the account you’re using to fund your security deposit.
U.S. Bank rewards program
U.S. Bank offers a rewards program called FlexPerks. By using certain cards, you can collect points called FlexPoints that you can redeem for rewards.
How can you redeem FlexPoints?
You can redeem your FlexPoints on a variety of purchases, including air travel, hotel stays, car rentals, gift cards, merchandise and statement credits on your account. Redeem them by signing into your U.S. Bank online banking account.
How much are FlexPoints worth?
The value of FlexPoints depend on what you’re redeeming them on. According to the U.S. Bank site at the time of writing, the current value of FlexPoints when redeemed on travel is 1.5 cents per point.
Typical card features and benefits of a U.S. Bank card
- Cellphone protection. Receive coverage for cellphone theft or damage when you pay for your eligible cellphone service with your card.
- Fraud protection. U.S. Bank will send notifications of unusual card activity on your account.
- Free TransUnion credit score. Enroll in online banking to receive your TransUnion credit score at no cost.
- Visa Signature benefits. U.S. Bank Visa Signature cards can receive many of the benefits included with the program, including Visa Concierge service, additional fraud protection and travel insurance coverage.
- Online banking. You can manage most U.S. Bank cards online by signing up for their online banking service.
- Autopay. Set up your account to automatically make payments and avoid interest and late fees.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
How does U.S. Bank keep my credit card information secure?
U.S. Bank uses many of the standard security measures available to protect your information from unauthorized access during and after the application process. Additionally, U.S. Bank protects you from liability for unauthorized online transactions. Full information on security and privacy can be found on U.S. Bank’s site.Back to top
Whether you’re rebuilding your credit, growing your business, looking for a no annual fee option or a premium reward card, you’ll find a competitive choice in most U.S. Bank credit card categories.
Compare other credit card categories to see how U.S. Bank stacks up and find the card that best suits your needs.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Citi credit cards for bad or fair credit Find a Citi credit card for bad or fair credit.
Are credit card fees tax deductible? Some credit card fees are tax-deductible.
Is credit card interest tax deductible? Interest accrued on some credit card expenses is tax-deductible.
Can I add my USAA credit card to Apple Pay? Pay with your Apple device at participating locations.
Cabela’s Club Mastercard review Earn accelerated rewards on hunting, fishing and camping purchases at select locations.
American Express ‘Pay It Plan It’: How does it work? You can pay off your purchases in two ways.
Best credit cards for couples Earn accelerated rewards on categories such as gas, dining, groceries and travel.
Navy Federal Platinum Credit Card review A no-annual-fee credit card with one of the lowest interest rates on purchases and balance transfers.
Statement credit: What it is and how to get it Use it for reward redemptions and reimbursement for eligible purchases.
Amex Trifecta: the optimal combination of American Express cards Combine three Amex cards to earn maximum rewards on your purchases.
Ask an Expert