Take a look at the different credit cards American Express has to offer and find the one that meets your needs.
American Express has 117.8 million cardholders as of the end of 2015, and operations in over 130 countries, worldwide. Founded in 1850, American Express has spent over a century growing into a brand that customers can trust and developing a top-tier products. This company seeks to not only lend money where it’s needed, but also provide insight and experience to its consumer base.
If you’re looking for a credit card, prepaid card, or even a gift card, American Express is going to have options to suit almost any need. Credit cards are available for personal use, small business, and corporations. Within the personal cards, you can find reward cards that feature travel, cashback, or reward points.
- Largest credit card issuer. American Express is the largest credit card issuer by purchase volume.
- Fortune 500 ranked. American Express stands at #85 in the Fortune 500 Ranking of top U.S. business.
- Most admired company. On the World’s Most Admired Company list, American Express nears the top at #11.
Types of American Express Credit Cards
American Express offers a variety of credit cards to meet both personal and business needs. It doesn’t just stop at credit though; American Express also offers a variety of prepaid and gift cards. Each card offers its own range of features to suit different banking needs, with annual fees as low as $0, and welcome offers that include upwards of $300 back.
- Travel reward credit cards. American Express hosts a variety of personal travel reward credit cards. The Premier Rewards Gold Card, Platinum Card®, Starwood Preferred Guest® Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles® Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Card, Delta Reserve® Card, Hilton HHonors™ Card, Hilton HHonors™ Surpass Card, and Gold Card® are all available with a range of offers from extra bonus points to extra travel miles.
- Cash back reward credit cards. There are a few options through American Express if you would prefer a credit card that gives cash back as a reward for spending. The Blue Cash Everyday® Card, Blue Cash Preferred® Card, and Blue Cash® cards each offer cash rewards.
- Rewards points credit cards. Reward points are another reward option through American Express. The Amex EveryDay® card, Premier Rewards Gold Card, Platinum Card®, American Express® Green Card, Amex EveryDay® Preferred Card, Mercedes-Benz Card, Gold Card, and Blue each offer reward points.
- Small business credit cards. If you’re a small business owner, American Express also offers a range of credit cards to meet your needs. The Business Platinum Card®, Plum Card®, Business Gold Rewards Card, Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Card, Business Green Rewards Card, SimplyCash® Plus Business Card, Blue for Business® Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Card, Delta Reserve for Business Card, and Lowe’s Business Rewards Card each have unique features to help your business along.
- Corporate credit cards. A business with over $25 million may qualify for a corporate card with American Express. Within the corporate card family, American Express offers the Corporate Green Card, Corporate Gold Card, Corporate Platinum Card®, Business Extra®, Corporate Meeting Card, and Corporate Purchasing Card. Each of the cards features different benefits aimed at rewarding corporate spending.
- Prepaid and gift cards. Outside of credit cards, American Express also offers prepaid, reloadable, and gift cards. American Express Serve®, American Express Serve® FREE Reloads, American Express Serve® Cash Back, themed personal and business gift cards, and personalized personal and business gift cards are available options for non-credit needs.
Benefits of banking with American Express
American Express has the experience of over a century behind their products. Not only are the products offered refined, but each card carries different benefits including those outlined below:
- 24/7 account access. A mobile app, mobile website, and full website make accessing your account from anywhere at anytime a breeze. The Amex Mobile application is offered by American Express to keep cardholders in control of their banking. Mobile alerts can be set up to send push notifications whenever the card is charged or suspicious activity arises. Rewards can also be used, nearby offers can be found, and statements can be downloaded instantly using the application.
- Reward redemption options. With American Express rewards you can choose how to put your payoffs to use. Travel options including airlines and hotels around the world, donating your rewards to the charity of your choice, redeeming points for gift cards at value, and covering your cross-town fare with Uber are just some of the options cardholders have.
- Offers all over. Nationwide offers are available to cardholders on the daily. Events can be found in everywhere from Aurora, IL to London, EN. Special offers on prices, invitations, and select seating are all offered to cardholders for various events. Some events even include Prepaid and International cardholders, allowing more than just the traditional customers in on the fun.
How to apply for a credit card with American Express
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Applicants must have a valid social security number
- Corporate applicants must have over $25 million in annual revenue
To complete the application, have the following information and documents ready.
- Full name and date of birth
- Street address and phone number
- Valid email address
- Total annual income