We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare Citibank® credit cards
This bank offers many attractive cards, including travel, cashback and balance transfer products.
Citibank is one of the largest credit card issuers in the United States, offering a variety of strong products. Take a look at this provider if you want a great cashback or balance transfer card.
Best of Citibank credit cards
Citibank offers almost 20 credit cards, most of them travel products. It also offers an attractive cashback card and two best-in-class balance transfer cards.
Best for cash back: Citi® Double Cash Card
Annual fee: None.
Intro APR: 0% on balance transfers for 18 months after account opening.
After that, your balance transfer APR will be 15.49% to 25.49% variable.
Rewards: Superb cash back.
Earn 1% cash back when you make purchases and 1% cash back when you pay off your card.
First late fee waived.
Best for travel: Citi Premier℠ Card
The Citi Premier℠ Card costs $95 a year starting the second year. For most, it’s the option that’s just right. Points give you lots of flexibility, as you can redeem them for a variety of travel rewards. And if you redeem them through the ThankYou® Travel Center, they’re worth 25% more.
If you’re a frequent American Airlines flyer, you might like one of Citibank’s co-branded airline cards, such as the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®.
Best for everyday purchases: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Annual fee: None with your paid Costco membership.
Rewards: Great cash back for several categories.
Earn 4% cash back on your first $7,000 in eligible gas purchases; 3% back on restaurant and travel purchases; 2% back on Costco and Costco.com purchases; and 1% back on all other purchases.
Best for balance transfers: Citi Simplicity® Card
Intro APR for purchases and balance transfers.
Get a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for an impressive 21 months after account opening, then 16.24% to 26.24% variable after that. You’ll also get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months following your account opening. After the intro period passes, your rate reverts to an APR between 16.24% to 26.24% variable. The balance transfer could help you a lot if you’re struggling with a high interest rate on another card.
No penalty APR.
With most other credit cards, paying late means you’ll pay a fee of up to $49, plus a penalty APR of up to 30% for 12 months or more. Not so with this card — all late fees are waived, and you won’t get hit with a penalty APR.
Best secured credit card: Citi® Secured Mastercard®
- Annual fee: None.
$200 minimum security deposit.
Other secured cards might require higher security deposits.
Compare Citibank® credit cards
Full list of Citibank credit cards
- Citi Premier℠ Card
- Citi Prestige® Credit Card
- Citi Rewards+℠ Card
- Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card
- Citi Simplicity® Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
- Citi® Double Cash Card
- Citi® Secured Mastercard®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
How to apply for a Citibank card
Go to the Citibank website and click Apply Now. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required information on hand.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to provide information that includes:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Financial information like your annual income and income source.
How does Citibank keep my credit card information secure?
Citibank uses advanced technology to keep your information safe online and on mobile. It deploys 128-bit SSL encryption to secure the information you transmit, as well as an SSL certificate that helps you confirm you’re on the correct website. Additionally, the bank uses two-step verification if it needs to confirm your identity.
Through the Quick Lock feature, you can lock your card if you misplace it. Just use the Citi Mobile App or log in to your account on the Citibank website.
The bank also offers $0 liability protection on unauthorized transactions. It attempts to stop fraud before it happens through 24/7 monitoring and suspicious-activity alerts through phone, text, email or mail.
Citibank rewards program
For its non-co-branded rewards cards, Citibank offers either cash back or ThankYou® Points.
If you earn cash back, you can redeem your rewards when your cash rewards balance is $25 or more. You can redeem cash back through these methods:
- Statement credit to your card account.
- Credit to your linked Citi savings or checking account.
- Credit to a checking account that you’ve used to pay a Citi credit card bill at least twice.
If your card gives ThankYou® Points, you can redeem them for a variety of rewards, including:
- Gift cards.
- Points transfers.
- Cash back.
- Statement credit.
- Donations to charity.
Typical features and benefits of a Citibank card
- Rewards. Most Citibank products offer rewards. Exceptions include balance transfer cards and the bank’s secured credit card.
- No annual fee or waived first-year fee. Several Citibank cards offer no annual fee. If you want a powerful travel card but aren’t sure you want to pay an annual fee, try a card that waives the fee for the first year.
- Ongoing APR between 15% and 25% variable. With strong credit, you may qualify for an ongoing APR near the bottom of this range. With weaker credit, you may get a relatively high APR around 25% variable.
- No foreign transaction fees. Many Citibank cards are travel products and don’t charge foreign transaction fees, which makes them great companions when traveling abroad.
- Signup bonus. Many Citibank cards offer signup bonuses. Exceptions include products like the Citi® Double Cash Card and the bank’s balance transfer cards.
- Mobile app. You can download the bank’s mobile app to monitor your account, make payments and more.
- Citi Entertainment. Receive discounts on a variety of entertainment events when you book online with your Citi card.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
Travel cards are Citibank’s bread and butter with a plethora of options, but the provider offers a superb cashback product and top-notch balance transfer cards.
If you’re not sure whether a Citibank product is right for you, check out other credit card providers to compare more options.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert