Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare Citibank credit cards
This bank offers many attractive cards, including travel, cashback and balance transfer products.
Citibank — a finder.com advertising partner — is one of the largest credit card issuers in the United States, offering a variety of strong products. Take a look at this provider if you want a great cashback or balance transfer card.
Best of Citibank credit cards
Citibank offers almost 20 credit cards, most of them travel products. It also offers an attractive cashback card and two best-in-class balance transfer cards.
Best for balance transfers: Citi Simplicity® Card
Best secured credit card: Citi® Secured Mastercard®
Best for cash back: Citi® Double Cash Card
The Citi® Double Cash Card is a no-annual-fee favorite. With a flat cashback rate on all purchases and a bonus amount added as you pay them off, you’ll find simple and strong rewards. Citibank occasionally offers an intro APR on balance transfers. When it does, you’ll typically find an impressive promotion.
Best for travel: Citi Premier℠ CardThe information about Citi Premier℠ Card has been collected independently by Finder and and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer.
The Citi Premier℠ Card costs $95 a year starting the second year. For most, it’s the option that’s just right. Points give you lots of flexibility, as you can redeem them for a variety of travel rewards. And if you redeem them through the ThankYou® Travel Center, they’re worth 25% more.
If you’re a frequent American Airlines flyer, you might like one of Citibank’s co-branded airline cards, such as the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®.The information about Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® has been collected independently by Finder and and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer.
Best for everyday purchases: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by CitiThe information about Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi has been collected independently by Finder and and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer.
An excellent all-around cashback product. Give it serious consideration if you spend heavily on gas, dining, travel or Costco purchases.
How we selected the best Citibank credit cards
We evaluated every Citibank credit card on dimensions such as annual fee, rewards and benefits. We also took into account the primary function of each product. Ultimately, the cards we included in this list offered the most value for their costs, as well as standout features compared to other products from Citi and competing providers.
Our pick for a Citi credit card
Citi Rewards+℠ CardRead more
Compare Citibank credit cards
Full list of Citibank credit cards
- Citi Premier℠ Card
- Citi Prestige® Credit Card
- Citi Rewards+℠ Card
- Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card
- Citi Simplicity® Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
- Citi® Double Cash Card
- Citi® Secured Mastercard®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
How to apply for a Citibank card
Go to the Citibank website and click Apply Now. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required information on hand.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to provide information that includes:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Financial information like your annual income and income source.
How does Citibank keep my credit card information secure?
Citibank uses advanced technology to keep your information safe online and on mobile. It deploys 128-bit SSL encryption to secure the information you transmit, as well as an SSL certificate that helps you confirm you’re on the correct website. Additionally, the bank uses two-step verification if it needs to confirm your identity.
Through the Quick Lock feature, you can lock your card if you misplace it. Just use the Citi Mobile App or log in to your account on the Citibank website.
The bank also offers $0 liability protection on unauthorized transactions. It attempts to stop fraud before it happens through 24/7 monitoring and suspicious-activity alerts through phone, text, email or mail.
Citibank rewards program
For its non-co-branded rewards cards, Citibank offers either cash back or ThankYou® Points.
If you earn cash back, you can redeem your rewards when your cash rewards balance is $25 or more. You can redeem cash back through these methods:
- Statement credit to your card account.
- Credit to your linked Citi savings or checking account.
- Credit to a checking account that you’ve used to pay a Citi credit card bill at least twice.
If your card gives ThankYou® Points, you can redeem them for a variety of rewards, including:
- Gift cards.
- Points transfers.
- Cash back.
- Statement credit.
- Donations to charity.
Typical features and benefits of a Citibank card
- Rewards. Most Citibank products offer rewards. Exceptions include balance transfer cards and the bank’s secured credit card.
- No annual fee or waived first-year fee. Several Citibank cards offer no annual fee. If you want a powerful travel card but aren’t sure you want to pay an annual fee, try a card that waives the fee for the first year.
- Ongoing APR between 15% and 26% variable. With strong credit, you may qualify for an ongoing APR near the bottom of this range. With weaker credit, you may get a relatively high APR around 26% variable.
- No foreign transaction fees. Many Citibank cards are travel products and don’t charge foreign transaction fees, which makes them great companions when traveling abroad.
- Signup bonus. Many Citibank cards offer signup bonuses. Exceptions include products like the Citi® Double Cash Card and the bank’s balance transfer cards.
- Mobile app. You can download the bank’s mobile app to monitor your account, make payments and more.
- Citi Entertainment. Receive discounts on a variety of entertainment events when you book online with your Citi card.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
Travel cards are Citibank’s bread and butter with a plethora of options, but the provider offers a superb cashback product and top-notch balance transfer cards.
If you’re not sure whether a Citibank product is right for you, check out other credit card providers to compare more options.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Citi credit cards for bad or fair credit Find a Citi credit card for bad or fair credit.
Are credit card fees tax deductible? Some credit card fees are tax-deductible.
Is credit card interest tax deductible? Interest accrued on some credit card expenses is tax-deductible.
Can I add my USAA credit card to Apple Pay? Pay with your Apple device at participating locations.
Cabela’s Club Mastercard review Earn accelerated rewards on hunting, fishing and camping purchases at select locations.
American Express ‘Pay It Plan It’: How does it work? You can pay off your purchases in two ways.
Best credit cards for couples Earn accelerated rewards on categories such as gas, dining, groceries and travel.
Navy Federal Platinum Credit Card review A no-annual-fee credit card with one of the lowest interest rates on purchases and balance transfers.
Statement credit: What it is and how to get it Use it for reward redemptions and reimbursement for eligible purchases.
Amex Trifecta: the optimal combination of American Express cards Combine three Amex cards to earn maximum rewards on your purchases.
Ask an Expert