Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories and get an intro 0% APR for 14 months with this no-annual-fee rewards card.
- Get this card if… you’re an avid hockey fan and want cash back with no annual fees.
- Pick something else if…you want a better cash back rate or a card with travel rewards.
- Good to excellent credit score of 690 to 850 recommended.
The nuts and bolts
|Product name||NHL Discover it®|
|Recommended credit score range||690–850 (good to excellent)|
|Purchase APR||11.99%–23.99% variable|
|Intro purchase APR||0% for 14 months, 11.99%–23.99% variable thereafter|
|Intro balance transfer APR||0% for 14 months, 11.99%–23.99% variable thereafter|
|Balance transfer fee||3% of each transaction|
|Foreign transaction fee||None|
|Cash advance rate||25.99%|
|Cash advance fee||$10 or 5% of each transaction, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0 for first late payment, up to $37 thereafter|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $37|
|Maximum credit limit||None|
|Minimum interest charge||$0.50|
Pick from all 31 NHL teams to brand this Discover card with your favorite. You’ll get an intro 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months, and you’ll earn 5% cash back in rotating quarterly categories and 1% cash back on all other purchases. Discover also matches the cash back you earn in the first year.
If you use this card at Shop.NHL.com or to pay for your NHL.TV subscription, you’ll save another 10%. All this for a card that comes with no annual or foreign transaction fees.
- Support your favorite NHL team. Show support for your favorite hockey team with pride, choosing from all 31 teams.
- NHL discounts. Save 10% when you use this card at Shop.NHL.com or to pay for your NHL.TV subscription.
- Earn cash back. Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories — gas, restaurants, wholesale clubs, ground transportation or Amazon and Target. All other purchases come with 1% cash back.
- Bonus cash back. Discover automatically matches your earned cash back at the end of the first year.
- Redeem cash back. Deposit your cash rewards into an eligible bank account or redeem for shopping at Amazon.com, making a charitable donation or getting a gift card.
- 0% intro APR. The no-interest offer on balance transfers stays in place for 14 months from the date of your first balance transfer. For purchases, get 0% APR for the first 14 billing cycles from your account opening.
You’ll also like …
- No annual fees.
- No foreign transaction fees. Using this card outside of the US comes with no transaction fees.
- Free FICO Score. Track your FICO Score for free on your monthly statement, or view it online.
- Enhanced security. This chip-enabled card comes with a $0 fraud liability guarantee, and you can freeze and unfreeze your account at any time. If you’re in the US and lose your card, Discover will overnight a free replacement card.
What to watch out for
- End of intro APR. The intro APR expires after 14 billing cycles. After that, you’ll pay interest on all outstanding balances.
- Fees. A late or returned payment can cost you up to $37. You’ll also pay fees for cash advances and balance transfers.
- Limited international acceptance. Discover is not as widely accepted outside the US as other cards , which could limit your international spending.
Consider other cards if …
- You’re a frequent international traveler. When compared to branded cards, Discover isn’t as commonly accepted. Consider this if you plan to use your card outside of the US.
- You want to earn travel rewards. Some cards that let you earn travel rewards across different carriers include the BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard and the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the NHL Discover it Card, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A citizen or legal resident of the US.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to submit:
- Your full name and personal contact information.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Details about your employment and income from all sources.
- Your monthly mortgage or rent payment.
What credit score do I need?
Applying with a credit score of 690 or higher increases the possibility of your application’s approval.
How to apply for the card
1. On the NHL Discover it Card website, click Apply and Pick Your Team.
2. Pick a card design and click Continue.
3. Provide the required personal, financial and employment information.
4. Confirm that your information is correct, and click Submit Application.
How long will it take to be approved?
If you apply online, you’ll learn your application’s conditional approval almost immediately.
I got the card. Now what?
- Avoid interest. Don’t forget that the intro APR offer expires after 14 billing cycles. While you’ll get grace interest-free days on purchases going forward, they won’t apply if you have outstanding balances from balance transfers.
- Customer service. For support, call 1-877-587-1605 or use Discover’s online chat platform. Connect on Facebook @Discover or on Twitter @Discover.
If you’re a fan of the puck, the NHL Discover it Card can help you show your support while enjoying no annual fee, an extended intro 0% APR offer, cash back on your spending and other discounts.