An alternative store card: Target REDcard™ Credit CardRead more
Compare other store credit cards
How does the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card work?
When you use your L.L.Bean card, you’ll earn 1% back in Coupon Dollars on any purchase. On L.L.Bean purchases, you’ll earn 3% back in Coupon Dollars. Whenever you earn 10 Coupon Dollars, Barclaycard automatically cashes in your rewards and sends you a $10 L.L.Bean coupon.
Free returns & monogramming: two perks L.L.Bean regulars will love
Part of the fun of buying from L.L.Bean is picking a new product in a catalog and ordering it online. However, there’s always a little friction along the way. What if you don’t like the item and have to ship it back? That’ll cost you $6.50.
With the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card, returns are free. That means you can regularly try products without worrying about shipping costs.
Monogramming is a unique service from L.L.Bean. Whenever you purchase a product through the company, you can personalize the item with someone’s name for $8. With the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card, monogramming is free.
Signup bonus and annual fee
The card’s signup bonus leaves little to be desired, as it’s only a one-time 15% discount when you sign up. But still, consider saving your big L.L.Bean purchase for when you apply.
If you’re worried about exorbitant costs to maintain your L.L.Bean Visa, breathe easy: the card has a $0 annual fee.
- Signup bonus: 15% L.L.Bean discount. When you’re approved for the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card, you’ll receive a 15% discount to L.L.Bean. This discount is valid only for your current visit to LLBean.com; it doesn’t renew annually.
- Rewards: Earn Coupon Dollars on all purchases and even more on L.L.Bean purchases. You’ll earn 1% in Coupon Dollars on every purchase. On L.L.Bean purchases, you’ll earn 3% in Coupon Dollars.
When you enroll in an L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery program and pay with your card, you’ll earn 10% in Coupon Dollars.
What can I do with my Coupon Dollars?If you like simple rewards redemptions, you might like the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card. After you earn 10 Coupon Dollars, Barclaycard will cash them in automatically and send you a $10 L.L.Bean coupon on your next card statement.
- Free return shipping. As an L.L.Bean Visa cardholder, you’ll receive free return shipping on items you purchase at the retailer. Normally, return shipping costs $6.50 per package.
- Free monogramming. Receive free machine stitching on your L.L.Bean products.
You’ll also like …
- Cardholder-only sales. Get periodic access to exclusive sales at L.L.Bean.
- Use your card immediately. If your credit qualifies, you can immediately use your card at LLBean.com once you’re approved.
What to watch out for
- Potentially high APR. Depending on your credit, you could have a purchase and balance transfer APR as high as 15.24%, 18.24% or 21.24% variable .
- No intro balance transfer APR. Balance transfers will accrue interest immediately.
- Higher APR for cash advances. Cash advances come with a 26.49% variable APR.
- Other fees. The card has balance transfer fees, cash advance fees and foreign transaction fees.
- Penalty fees. Late and returned payments can hurt: you’ll pay up to $37.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident. Residents of Puerto Rico and US territories are not eligible.
Information you’ll need
- Full name and contact information
- Residential status
- Annual income and employment information
- Social Security number, date of birth and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the L.L.Bean® Visa® Card
1. Go to the L.L.Bean website and click Apply Now.
2. Sign up with your LLBean.com account. If you don’t have one, click Create Account & Apply.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, contact information, employment information and Social Security number. Then click Apply to submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, you’ll receive an immediate decision on your application. In rare cases, you may need to wait a few days to a few weeks until Barclaycard manually approves your application.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your bill online at the Barclaycard website, where you can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $37. Balance transfers, cash advances and foreign transactions also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Barclaycard customer service at 866-928-8598.
The L.L.Bean® Visa® Card isn’t flashy, but it offers solid benefits for people who shop at L.L. Bean. You’ll enjoy strong rewards on L.L.Bean purchases, free returns and free monogramming. If you’re looking for a credit card with general rewards like flyer miles or cash back, compare other credit cards.