Review: L.L.Bean® Visa® Card
Earn rewards on your L.L. Bean purchases, on gas and restaurants.
- Get this card if you often shop at L.L. Bean stores
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher
Discontinued productThis card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site. Compare other credit cards or take Finder's credit card quiz to find one that fits your needs.
- Bean Bucks. Earn 4% back in Bean Bucks on purchases made at L.L. Bean. Earn 2% back on gas purchases and restaurants, and 1% back on everything else you buy.
- Perks for L.L. Bean purchases. Get exclusive offers, free shipping, free return shipping and free monograming. Shipping and handling for L.L. Bean purchases can cost between $4.95 and 2.5% of the merchandise value, and monogramming costs $8 per item. Using the card could save you these costs.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee for the life of the card.
25% off your order
Use your L.L.Bean MasterCard with the promo code CARD25 and get 25% off your order.
Offer expires October 7th.
What to watch out for
- Limited redemption options. You can only redeem your earned Bean Bucks for purchases made at L.L. Bean stores.
- No intro APR period. You don’t get any intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers. There’s also no deferred-interest payment options.
- Foreign transaction fee. Using this card abroad will cost you 3% of the amount of each transaction.
Compare store credit cards
How to apply for the L.L.Bean Mastercard
- Visit the L.L. Bean Mastercard website.
- Click Apply Now.
- Log in to your L.L. Bean online account or signup if you don’t have one.
- Proceed with the application form.
- Review your application and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of success when you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
If you frequently shop at L.L. Bean, getting the cobranded L.L. Bean Mastercard could be worthwhile. You get to earn accelerated Bean Bucks on your L.L. Bean, gas and restaurant purchases, which you can use for savings on purchases at the store.
However, if you prefer a more robust rewards structure or simply an intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, compare other credit cards until you find the right fit for your financial needs.
Frequently asked questions
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The L.L. Bean Mastercard is designed for loyal L.L. Bean shoppers who want to earn rewards on their store purchases. What’s more, you earn accelerated rewards on gas and restaurants, and you can use the card wherever Mastercard is accepted.
However, you can only redeem rewards for purchases made at the L.L. Bean store.