Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa® review
Earn unlimited cash back on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Get this card if you want to earn flat 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1.5%
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
If you want to do good and help the Ducks Unlimited charity by simply using a credit card for your purchases, the Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa® may be the right choice. Until recently, this was one of the best credit cards for gas and sporting goods purchases. But in the beginning of 2020, the card changed its rewards structure. Now you earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on everything you buy.
This is on par with most flat-cashback credit cards. But what this card lacks is a signup bonus or a 0% intro APR period on purchases, balance transfers or both — common perks with this type of card.
Because it lacks any additional features, apply for this card only if you want to help wetlands conservation. If you’re in it for the rewards, other cash back cards may be a better choice.
How to apply for the Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa®
- Go to the Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa® website and click Get started now.
- Enter all the required details, including your personal and financial information.
- Review your application and submit it.
How long will it take to get my Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa®?
You’ll likely get a decision in less than a minute. Once approved, expect your card to arrive within seven to 10 business days.
- Cash back.
Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on everything you buy.
- Support Ducks Unlimited.
Help fund wetland conservation with every purchase you make.
- No annual fee.
All of the cash back you earn with the card is pure reward to your account.
- No penalty APR.
Late payments will only cost you a fee of up to $39. With other cards you can incur a penalty APR of up to 31%, which may last indefinitely.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa®?
Monthly spending of $2,000 would earn you a total of $360 cash back each year.
What to watch out for
- No intro APR period.
The card comes with a variable APR of 19.99%, regardless of your credit worthiness. If you want to move your balance from another card or if you want to make a large purchase and carry your balance, consider a 0% intro APR card.
- No signup bonus.
The Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa® may have long term value, but it lacks the easy-to-earn reward of a welcome offer.
- Foreign transaction fee.
You’ll pay a fee of 3% of each transaction made abroad. This may not sound like much, but can quickly add up on a trip spanning several days.
Compare cashback credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
You must be at least 18 years old and a US resident to apply for this card.
In your application, you must provide your:
- Full name, residential address and contact information.
- Annual income, employer information and monthly rent or mortgage.
- Social Security number and date of birth.
Before you fill out the application form, you’ll also select one of the four available credit card designs.
What credit score do I need?
To increase your chances of approval, apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa® reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, the Better Business Bureau rates the card issuer — the First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha — with an A. Most complaints for the bank revolve around poor customer support and hidden fees. Some customers claim that their credit line was lowered when they made a single late payment. One customer even claims that their autopay didn’t work, so they were charged late payment fee and interest.
Avoid surprise fees by reading over the terms and conditions of your card. You may also benefit from keeping an eye on your monthly statements, even if you have autopay set up.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download Ducks Unlimited Visa mobile app. Use the app to pay your card bill, set up alerts, view your rewards balance and more.
- View your FICO score. Opt in with the app to view your FICO score for free.
- Avoid interest and fees. Your due date is 21 days after the close of each billing cycle. Pay your balance before that to avoid a late payment fee and high interest.
- Customer service. Call 888-295-5540 if you have any card-related questions, and First Bankcard customer service will assist you.
How do I redeem rewards from the Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa®?
When you make purchases with this card, you earn points. Redeem points for:
- Cash back.
- Gift cards.
You can redeem your cash back in denominations of $25, $50, $100 and $250. Request your cash back as a:
- Statement credit.
- ACH deposit to any checking or savings account.
- Check sent by mail.
The Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa® is a solid cashback card if you don’t spend much on any particular category of purchases. And what’s cool, a small portion of every purchase you make with the card is donated to help wetlands conservation.
However, you can look for other cashback credit cards if this doesn’t seem like a card for you.