Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Toyota Camry insurance rates
Average Toyota Camry insurance rates
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Car insurance for the Toyota Camry
The average cost of auto insurance for a Toyota Camry is $175 a month — or $2,100 a year. This is about $800 higher than insurance rates for less popular cars with lower theft rates. With a base price of $23,070, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 9.1%.
The Toyota Camry is an award-winning midsize sedan that is best known for comfort and safety. It comes standard with a suite of great safety features that could help you save on insurance.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your Toyota Camry
How to compare insurance for the Toyota Camry
The stalwart Camry is cheap and easy to insure, making your search for car insurance simple. Consider what extra coverage you want above your state minimum coverage plus how you’ll be using your sedan.
- Price. In order to accurately compare your options by price, you’ll need to use the same driver and vehicle details for every quote.
- Deductible. When comparing policies, be aware that the deductible amount can affect the cost of your premiums. If you’re getting quotes, make sure to use the same deductible amount for each provider.
- Minimum coverage. Outside of New Hampshire and Virginia, coverage is mandatory. Make sure your potential policy meets your state minimums before moving forward.
- Additional coverage. Before deciding on a policy, make sure to consider any additional coverage options you may need, and don’t forget to include them when getting quotes.
- Extras. Before choosing a provider, find out what features each policy includes and which extras are available.
- Restrictions. Find out if any restrictions apply to your policy to avoid gaps in coverage or denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Find out if your manufacturer has any special offers or loyalty discounts through partnerships with insurance providers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
Car insurance rates for Toyota Camry by year
What factors affect car insurance rates for Toyota Camry?
Insurance providers evaluate your chances of filing claims when determining your cost of insurance. Since theft rates, vehicle performance, repair costs and other factors can vary between makes and models, your choice of vehicle often has a direct impact on the amount you pay for auto insurance. Here’s how the Toyota Camry compares to other vehicles.
- Body type. The Toyota Camry is a sedan that’s designed for daily driving, commuting, road trips and other safe uses, which should bring down the cost of auto insurance.
- Type of car. The Camry is a comfortable and safe midsize car. This should make for affordable insurance premiums.
- Theft. The Toyota Camry is one of the most frequently stolen vehicles, which may increase the cost of insurance.
- Repairs. The Toyota Camry needs little maintenance and has low repair costs, two factors that could lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. According to U.S. News and J.D. Power, the Camry has a perfect 10/10 safety rating. This should make it cheaper to insure.
- Fuel type. The Camry has a gas engine, which is cheaper to insure compared to vehicles with diesel, hybrid or electric engines.
- Trim & packages. Choosing trims or packages that increase power or overall value may lead to higher premiums. That said, options that improve visibility and safety may be eligible for auto insurance discounts.
Does the Toyota Camry qualify for auto insurance discounts?
You could save money on car insurance for your Toyota Camry if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Toyota Camry safety & reliability ratings
The Toyota Camry has been around since 1982. The midsize car is known for its spacious seating, comfortable ride and high safety scores. From 1997 to 2016, with the exception of the year 2001, the Toyota Camry has been the top selling passenger car in the United States.
Both the IIHS and U.S. News give the 2018 Toyota Camry near-perfect safety ratings in almost every category, which could help you save on auto insurance.
U.S. News and J.D. Power give the 2018 Camry 4.5/5 stars for reliability, making it one of the most reliable vehicles in its class.
Toyota Camry maintenance
The Toyota Camry is a midsize sedan that’s designed to provide a safe and comfortable driving experience no matter how far you’re taking it. It has above average reliability ratings and low average repair costs, meaning that it probably will not require frequent maintenance. With that said, routine service appointments can ensure that everything is running smoothly, helping you extend the life of your vehicle. Here’s what you should know:
- Toyota recommends an oil change every 5,000 miles or 5 months, whichever comes first.
- Oil changes for a Toyota Camry should cost between $75 and $125, but your actual cost could vary.
- The Camry has an average annual repair cost of over $221, which is below average for similar vehicles.
- Consult your owners manual or contact your dealership for more information on the Toyota Camry’s maintenance schedule.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Toyota Camry?
The Camry comes with Toyota’s standard 3-year/36,000 mile limited warranty, along with a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and 5-year corrosion coverage. The standard warranty covers all parts other than normal wear such as oil and air filters, tires and so on. New Toyota vehicles also come with two years or 25,000 miles of ToyotaCare, which covers scheduled maintenance and 24/7 roadside assistance.
It’s unclear whether or not Toyota offers any extended warranty options, but you should ask your dealer for more information. That said, Toyota vehicles are extremely reliable and have low average repair costs, so you should decide whether the cost an extended warranty is worth the cost.
Compare Toyota competitors
Find out what else Toyota has to offer or explore other vehicles from different manufacturers.
The Toyota Camry has been around since 1982 and has long been considered a top-rated midsize sedan. It holds incredible safety ratings and comes equipped with award-winning safety and driver assistance features that may be eligible for auto insurance discounts. You should Compare your options to get quotes from multiple providers and determine which is best for your situation.
Frequently asked questions about the Toyota Camry
More guides on Finder
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance engine
Get cheap car insurance quotes for you.
Root home insurance review May 2021
Put down roots with discounted coverage for car and home insurance in 12 states.
What is a combined single limit car insurance policy?
This type of limit applies to liability coverage, but it’s most common with commercial car insurance.
How do I prevent keyless car theft?
Keyless cars can be easy to steal with cheap tech, but are they stolen more often?
Ask an Expert