Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Toyota 86 insurance rates
Compare car insurance for your Toyota 86
Get the cheapest quotes for your Toyota 86
Just enter your ZIP code and click Compare.
Get insurance quotes for your 86
What factors affect insurance for the Toyota 86?Insurance rates for the Toyota 86 are based on theft rates, vehicle performance, repair costs and other factors that vary between makes and models. Here’s how the 86 compares to other vehicles.
- Type of car. The Toyota 86 is a sports car, which tend to be pricier to insure.
- Theft. Theft rates for this car are low, which may lower the cost of insurance.
- Repairs. Repairs for this car are average, which typically leads to average insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. This car has good safety ratings, which typically makes cars cheaper to insure.
- Fuel type. Cars with gas engines are usually slightly cheaper to insure than other fuel types.
- Trim. Generally, your insurance goes up when you opt for a pricier trim level or more features upgrades. Popular trim levels for this model include the Base, Hakone, Gt trim, depending on the model year.
- Coverage. For a sports car, you might consider a policy with your state's required coverage with high liability limits plus collision and comprehensive coverage. And the more coverage you have, the higher your insurance rates.
- Warranty. New 86s come with a 36 months / 36,000 miles warranty from Toyota plus roadside assistance.
- Manufacturer deals. Currently, Toyota is offering $1000 cash discount. You can also find other financing deals from Toyota by checking with your local dealer.
What discounts does the 86 qualify for?You could save money on car insurance for your Toyota 86 if it comes equipped with certain safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Safety device discount