Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Toyota 86 insurance rates
Compare car insurance for your Toyota 86
Get the cheapest quotes for your Toyota 86
Just enter your ZIP code and click Compare.
Get insurance quotes for your 86
What factors affect insurance for the Toyota 86?Insurance rates for the Toyota 86 are based on theft rates, vehicle performance, repair costs and other factors that vary between makes and models. Here’s how the 86 compares to other vehicles.
- Type of car. The Toyota 86 is a sports car, which tend to be pricier to insure.
- Theft. Theft rates for this car are low, which may lower the cost of insurance.
- Repairs. Repairs for this car are average, which typically leads to average insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. This car has good safety ratings, which typically makes cars cheaper to insure.
- Fuel type. Cars with gas engines are usually slightly cheaper to insure than other fuel types.
- Trim. Generally, your insurance goes up when you opt for a pricier trim level or more features upgrades. Popular trim levels for this model include the Base, Hakone, Gt trim, depending on the model year.
- Coverage. For a sports car, you might consider a policy with your state's required coverage with high liability limits plus collision and comprehensive coverage. And the more coverage you have, the higher your insurance rates.
- Warranty. New 86s come with a 36 months / 36,000 miles warranty from Toyota plus roadside assistance.
- Manufacturer deals. Currently, Toyota is offering $1000 cash discount. You can also find other financing deals from Toyota by checking with your local dealer.
What discounts does the 86 qualify for?You could save money on car insurance for your Toyota 86 if it comes equipped with certain safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Safety device discount
Toyota 86 safety and reliability ratingsThe Toyota 86 scores 4 stars from the NHTSA, which means its safety is relatively high. Cars with high safety ratings are usually cheaper to insure because they're easier to repair and safer in a car crash.
Compare the 86 to similar carsFind out how other Toyota models compare or explore vehicles similar to the 86. Compare all car makes and models
Bottom lineThe Toyota 86 is a sports car with low theft rates and average maintenance, making it expensive to insure. Compare car insurance quotes to find the best price for the coverage you need for your Toyota 86.
Read more on this topic
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Compare Polestar car insurance rates
Discover this luxury electric brand’s typical car insurance premiums and factors that affect your rate.
Say car insurance review Oct 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
Kia Mohave insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it?
Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance
Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance
Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?