We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Toyota C-HR car insurance rates
Expect a standard premium with this car's safety ratings and low price tag.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
While there’s not enough C-HR data to know the new model’s rates, the pricier Toyota Land Cruiser keeps a moderate annual rate of $1,944, which is $644 above average. The C-HR may lend itself to a lower premium due to standard ticket price and coverage needs, plus potential safety discounts from the insurer of your choice.
Compare car insurance for your Toyota C-HR
How much does Toyota C-HR car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Toyota C-HR?
This car’s standard price tag, small CUV body and minimal coverage needs could keep your rates low.
- Body type. This vehicle is Toyota’s smallest crossover, which may keep insurance rates down.
- Sale price. C-HR owners receive a standard price tag of $22,000 to $27,000, making it a cheaper vehicle to repair after an accident.
- Fuel. The CUV includes a fair fuel economy rated at 27 mpg for city and 31 for highway. Reviewers say the vehicle surpasses its rating on the road.
- Maintenance. This car comes with Toyota’s helpful two-year, 25,000-mile maintenance plan for free to keep it in good condition.
- Theft. Despite other Toyota models having high theft rates, the C-HR isn’t yet included in that lot.
- Coverage. Because of this CUV’s low ticket price and theft rates, you could opt for standard coverage. However, comprehensive may help if the C-HR becomes a theft target as more C-HRs hit the road.
- Insurer options. You’ll find plenty of providers willing to cover this standard car, giving you a competitive edge on rates.
- Warranty. Toyota offers a basic three-year, 36,000-mile warranty along with a five-year, 50,000-mile warranty for the powertrain. You’ll also get towing assistance to the nearest Toyota dealership if your C-HR breaks down due to failure of a warranty-covered part.
Does the Toyota C-HR qualify for discounts?
Along with expected low insurance rates, you could qualify for discounts with several C-HR safety features:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft device
- Automated emergency braking
- Backup camera
- Driveline traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Lane keeping assistance
- Lane departure warning
- Tire pressure warning
How reliable is the Toyota C-HR?
This new Toyota model includes high safety ratings and expected reliability. However, it comes with a few caveats: two recalls and poor headlight visibility.
- Safety. The C-HR doesn’t disappoint with safety, receiving high marks from both the IIHS and NHTSA. The only feature rated Poor by the IIHS was the car’s headlights, which provided inadequate visibility around curves during testing.
- Reliability. This new model has little long-term information about reliability. However, recent car owners rate the car highly on review sites, and the C-HR has a 4 out of 5 stars for predicted reliability by J.D. Power.
- Recalls. The car does have several recalls involving insufficiently tightened rear wheel bolts and a malfunctioning parking brake.
The Toyota C-HR gives multiple reasons to get standard or below average insurance rates, including its small size and standard MSRP. Shop for multiple providers to get the best deal, or learn about insurance for another make or model.
Frequently asked questions about the Toyota C-HR
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.