Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Toyota Supra car insurance rates
The famous sports car from Toyota returns
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Toyota Supra’s latest model is coming out the summer of 2019 and is built on the BMW Z4 roadster platform. So expect insurance rates for the Supra to compare to the Z4 at around $160 per month or $1,920 annually. However, your exact insurance price will vary between states and other factors, including your age and driving activity.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Toyota Supra
How much does Supra car insurance cost?
A 2017 Toyota Supra starts at a base price of $49,990. With the average insurance rate at $2,328 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 4.6%.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Supra?
The age of your Supra affects the price of your insurance premium along with other factors, including:
- Body type. The Supra is a sports car, which makes it more expensive to insure than a sedan.
- Fuel. The Supra gets around 24/31 city/highway MPG, which is good for a sports car. Gasoline cars are slightly less expensive to insure than diesel cars, which comes as a plus.
- Theft rates. Previous generations of the Supra had a generally low theft rate, which can mean lower insurance rates.
- Coverage. Consider high maximum liability and underinsured motorist limits to cover the $50,000 price tag for a new Supra.
- Warranty. Toyota offers a long warranty for new Supras, including 24/7 roadside coverage for two years. No need to add this to your car insurance, since it’s covered by Toyota.
Does the Toyota Supra qualify for discounts?
The new Supra is equipped with a set of safety features that could lower your insurance premium, including:
- Forward and rear collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Lane-departure warning with steering assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot warning
How reliable is the Toyota Supra?
- Safety. Since this is a new car, the Supra hasn’t been rated yet by the NHTSA or the IIHS. But based on the safety features that come with the car and Toyota’s typically stellar rates, you can expect 5-star ratings for the new Supra.
- Reliability. There’s no J.D. Power-predicted reliability rating yet. Expect similar ratings as the BMW Z4, built on the same platform, which received 3.5 stars out of 5 from JD Power for reliability.
- Recalls. The car is yet to come off the production line. Toyotas have been part of a few major recalls, including the Takata airbag issue, but Toyota’s been generally good about resolving recalls quickly.
The new generation of Toyota Supra comes out after two decades since the last generation was made. To insure the car you could pay around $160 per month, but this will vary based on factors including your location, age, gender and driving habits.
However, make sure you compare your options to find the best insurance rate.
Frequently asked questions about the Toyota Supra
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.