We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Toyota Supra car insurance rates
The famous sports car from Toyota returns
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Toyota Supra’s latest model is coming out the summer of 2019 and is built on the BMW Z4 roadster platform. So expect insurance rates for the Supra to compare to the Z4 at around $160 per month or $1,920 annually. However, your exact insurance price will vary between states and other factors, including your age and driving activity.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Our top pick: Progressive
Choose from a long list of discounts and coverage for almost any driver.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience
- Easy online sign-up and reporting
- Multiple discounts available
- Transparent quoting
Compare car insurance for your Toyota Supra
How much does Supra car insurance cost?
A 2017 Toyota Supra starts at a base price of $49,990. With the average insurance rate at $2,328 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 4.6%.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the Supra?
The age of your Supra affects the price of your insurance premium along with other factors, including:
- Body type. The Supra is a sports car, which makes it more expensive to insure than a sedan.
- Fuel. The Supra gets around 24/31 city/highway MPG, which is good for a sports car. Gasoline cars are slightly less expensive to insure than diesel cars, which comes as a plus.
- Theft rates. Previous generations of the Supra had a generally low theft rate, which can mean lower insurance rates.
- Coverage. Consider high maximum liability and underinsured motorist limits to cover the $50,000 price tag for a new Supra.
- Warranty. Toyota offers a long warranty for new Supras, including 24/7 roadside coverage for two years. No need to add this to your car insurance, since it’s covered by Toyota.
Does the Toyota Supra qualify for discounts?
The new Supra is equipped with a set of safety features that could lower your insurance premium, including:
- Forward and rear collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Lane-departure warning with steering assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot warning
How reliable is the Toyota Supra?
- Safety. Since this is a new car, the Supra hasn’t been rated yet by the NHTSA or the IIHS. But based on the safety features that come with the car and Toyota’s typically stellar rates, you can expect 5-star ratings for the new Supra.
- Reliability. There’s no J.D. Power-predicted reliability rating yet. Expect similar ratings as the BMW Z4, built on the same platform, which received 3.5 stars out of 5 from JD Power for reliability.
- Recalls. The car is yet to come off the production line. Toyotas have been part of a few major recalls, including the Takata airbag issue, but Toyota’s been generally good about resolving recalls quickly.
The new generation of Toyota Supra comes out after two decades since the last generation was made. To insure the car you could pay around $160 per month, but this will vary based on factors including your location, age, gender and driving habits.
However, make sure you compare your options to find the best insurance rate.
Frequently asked questions about the Toyota Supra
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.