We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid insurance rates
Average Toyota RAV4 Hybrid insurance rates
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The RAV4 Hybrid is a more efficient and sustainable take on the original RAV4. It comes with the same great design and features found on the standard version, but with a hybrid engine that puts out almost 200 horsepower through an all-wheel-drive system.
According to our estimates, the average cost of insurance for a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is $220 a month — or $2,640 a year, almost exactly double the national average of $1,318. Hybrid vehicles are often more expensive to insure than gas or diesel vehicles, which may be one of the reasons for the high estimate.
- Licensed broker
- Fast, online quotes
- Compare 10+ policies at once
Our top pick: Gabi
Upload your current bill and get 20+ quotes from top brands for the same level of coverage.
- Licensed broker
- Quick quotes
- Bundling discounts
- Convenient account management
- Personal advisors
Compare insurance for your Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid car insurance rates
A 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid starts at a base price of $29,030. With the average insurance rate at $2,640 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 9.1%.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare insurance for the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Whether you’re thinking about getting a new vehicle or are just looking to find the best way to protect your RAV4 hybrid, auto insurance can be a lifesaver. While shopping for insurance can be frustrating and often expensive, it can protect your vehicle in a number of scenarios. If you’re still not convinced, coverage is mandatory in almost every state, so you’ll need to start shopping. Here’s what you should know:
- Price. The best way to compare your options is to get quotes from multiple providers using the same personal information. This will allow you to get the best price on the coverage you need.
- Deductible. Choosing a lower deductible may lead to higher monthly premiums, whereas opting for a higher deductible could help you save. Find a number that works for your situation.
- Minimum coverage. Almost every state has a mandatory minimum for auto insurance coverage. Before purchasing a policy, you’ll need to make sure it meets your state’s minimums.
- Additional coverage. If your policy doesn’t offer all of the protection you need, ask your provider what additional coverage options are available.
- Extras. Since coverage and policy features can vary between providers, it’s important to find out what’s included with each policy before committing to anything.
- Restrictions. Find out if any restrictions apply to your policy to avoid gaps in coverage or denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Find out if your manufacturer has any special offers or loyalty discounts through partnerships with insurance providers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?
The cost of auto insurance can vary significantly depending on your choice of vehicle. This is because every make and model has different theft rates, repair costs, safety features and other details. And since providers calculate your premiums according to your chances of filing claims and the cost of paying them out, you may find that some vehicles are much more expensive to insure than others. Here’s how a few of the RAV4 Hybrid’s characteristics could affect your cost of insurance.
- Body type. The RAV4 Hybrid is a four-door compact SUV that is best suited for road trips, commuting, daily driving and other low-risk activities. This could help reduce the cost of car insurance.
- Type of car. The Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is a compact SUV that provides a smooth and comfortable drive. This should make for affordable insurance premiums.
- Theft. The RAV4 has one of the highest theft rates for SUVs and crossovers. This may increase the cost of auto insurance.
- Repairs. While the RAV4 is generally inexpensive to repair, the increased cost of repairing the hybrid engine could lead to higher insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. The RAV4 Hybrid has great crash test ratings in nearly every category. This may reduce the cost of coverage.
- Fuel type. Hybrid vehicles often have higher average repair costs after accidents, which could lead to higher premiums.
- Trim & packages. Choosing trims or packages that increase power or overall value may lead to higher premiums. That said, options that improve visibility and safety may be eligible for auto insurance discounts.
Does the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid qualify for auto insurance discounts?
You could save money on car insurance for your Toyota RAV4 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid safety & reliability ratings
Just like the standard Toyota RAV4, the RAV4 Hybrid gets a 9.3/10 for safety from U.S. News and J.D. Power. It also holds the same near-perfect crash test ratings as the standard, gasoline model.
The RAV4 Hybrid gets a 4/5 star rating from U.S. News and J.D. Power for reliability. That said, you should keep in mind that hybrid vehicles generally cost more to repair.
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid maintenance
Just like the standard RAV4, the RAV4 Hybrid is considered a very reliable vehicle. It has impressive reliability ratings and a fairly low average repair cost, which, combined with increased mileage, could help to reduce ownership costs. With that being said, bringing your RAV4 Hybrid in for routine oil changes, inspections and other basic maintenance can help extend the life of your vehicle and reduce the chances of any unexpected issues. Here’s what you need to know:
- Toyota recommends an oil change every 5,000 miles or 5 months, whichever comes first.
- Oil changes for a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid should cost between $75 and $125, but your actual cost could vary.
- The RAV4 Hybrid has an average annual repair cost of over $221, which is below average for similar vehicles.
- Consult your owners manual or contact your dealership for more information on the Toyota RAV4’s maintenance schedule.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?
The RAV4 Hybrid comes with Toyota’s standard 3-year/36,000 mile limited warranty, along with a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and 5-year corrosion coverage. The standard warranty covers all parts other than normal wear such as oil and air filters, tires and so on. New Toyota vehicles also come with two years or 25,000 miles of ToyotaCare, which covers scheduled maintenance and 24/7 roadside assistance.
It’s unclear whether or not Toyota offers any extended warranty options, but you should ask your dealer for more information. That said, Toyota vehicles are extremely reliable and have low average repair costs, so you should decide whether the price of an extended warranty is worth the cost.
About the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
The Toyota RAV4 Hybrid has been around since 2015. The compact SUV is known for its excellent fuel economy, large cargo space and more standard features than its competition. In 2016, there were over 45,000 sales in the United States alone.
Compare Toyota competitors
Find out what else Toyota has to offer or explore other vehicles from different manufacturers.
The RAV4 Hybrid is a more efficient and sustainable take on the standard RAV4. It offers the same award-winning features that earned it near-perfect crash test ratings, which means it could be eligible for discounts. To find out what policy is best for your RAV4, you should compare your options from multiple providers.
Frequently asked questions about the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Read more on this topic
When can I use my phone when driving? When are you allowed to use your phone while driving in each state?
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ask an Expert