Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
McLaren 570S car insurance rates
It costs to be cool when insuring this entry-level super car.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
A luxury sports car is typically more expensive and complicated to insure than a regular automobile. At an opening price point of $191,000, the average monthly cost to insure one of these cars is $583, depending on your driving history and other factors. It’s more expensive to insure than most Porsches, but cheaper than a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Still, it’s possible to find good deals on coverage if you focus on its safety features.
Compare insurance for your McLaren 570S
How do I compare insurance for the McLaren 570S?
The McLaren 570S is an entry-level sports car with a 562-hp twin-turbo V-8 and supercar styling. It’s loud, proud and can be pricey to insure. Keep in mind its extra coverage needs when shopping for coverage.
- Body type. The 570S is a luxury coupe – lightweight, high-performance, and powerful. While in general smaller cars are cheaper to cover, the convertible version, the 570 Spider, will probably be more expensive to insure.
- Fuel. The 570S is gasoline-powered, with a 16 mpg city rating and a 23 mpg highway rating.
- Maintenance. There’s no complimentary maintenance offered, even when you buy it new. And since McLaren’s a British company, repairs and replacement parts won’t be cheap and could require lengthy wait times.
- Coverage. Since the McLaren is unapologetically a sports car, insurance will likely be more expensive. You may need to work with an agency that sells specialty/high end car insurance.
- Warranty. The limited warranty covers 3 years, unlimited miles, and includes roadside assistance – so you won’t need to purchase that within a separate policy. The powertrain warranty is a perk, too, covering the cost of replacing or repairing a malfunctioning engine, transmission and/or drivetrain for 3 years and unlimited miles. If you still want more, try the 12-year extended warranty.
McLaren 570S car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Does the McLaren 570S qualify for discounts?
While the McLaren was built with a focus on power and sports car sexiness, it does have some safety features that could qualify for safety discounts and antitheft discounts. These include:
- Front impact airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Rigid carbon fiber chassis
- Satellite navigation
- Optional rear-view camera system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Anti-theft security system
Why is insurance so high for McLaren 570S?
The Mclaren 570S costs more to insure because it’s a lightweight, high-performance luxury coupe making it a high-risk for insurance companies. Its large engine and premium British parts are more expensive to repair adding to already high costs.
How reliable is the McLaren 570S?
With an acceleration capacity of 204 mph in 3.1 seconds, the McLaren wasn’t exactly designed for driving inside the lines. But in general, McLaren has a reputation for building well-designed sports cars.
- Safety. The 570S isn’t rated by the IIHS or NHTSA. Since it’s not a mainstream car, it may be lower on the list for safety testing versus other vehicles. Still, the steering wheel is notable for its sensitivity and accuracy, putting the driver in full command of the vehicle.
- Reliability. There aren’t any overwhelming customer complaints, and in general McLaren has a reputation for making cool cars for speedy drivers.
- Recalls. McLaren’s a relatively young company, so its recall history is short. In the last couple of years, some of its models have been recalled for faulty airbags, but the 570S has stayed in the clear for now.
McLarens are known for being sexy, not cheap, so don’t expect to cut costs on the insurance. To find the best deal, be sure to compare your car insurance options before purchasing a policy.
Frequently asked questions about the McLaren 570S
More guides on Finder
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
How much will I get from disability insurance?
Disability insurance typically pays out between 40% and 80% of your income, but will depend on the type of policy you have.
Heacock Classic car insurance review November 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Nov 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
How much does pet insurance cost for different dog breeds?
Track down your dog’s insurance cost and learn which characteristics play into your pup’s health risks.
Is online driver’s ed worth it?
Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Acceptance car insurance review Nov 2020
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
Root home insurance review November 2020
Put down roots with discounted coverage for car and home insurance in 12 states.
Ask an Expert