Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
McLaren 570S car insurance rates
It costs to be cool when insuring this entry-level super car.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
A luxury sports car is typically more expensive and complicated to insure than a regular automobile. At an opening price point of $191,000, the average monthly cost to insure one of these cars is $583, depending on your driving history and other factors. It’s more expensive to insure than most Porsches, but cheaper than a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Still, it’s possible to find good deals on coverage if you focus on its safety features.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your McLaren 570S
How do I compare insurance for the McLaren 570S?
The McLaren 570S is an entry-level sports car with a 562-hp twin-turbo V-8 and supercar styling. It’s loud, proud and can be pricey to insure. Keep in mind its extra coverage needs when shopping for coverage.
- Body type. The 570S is a luxury coupe – lightweight, high-performance, and powerful. While in general smaller cars are cheaper to cover, the convertible version, the 570 Spider, will probably be more expensive to insure.
- Fuel. The 570S is gasoline-powered, with a 16 mpg city rating and a 23 mpg highway rating.
- Maintenance. There’s no complimentary maintenance offered, even when you buy it new. And since McLaren’s a British company, repairs and replacement parts won’t be cheap and could require lengthy wait times.
- Coverage. Since the McLaren is unapologetically a sports car, insurance will likely be more expensive. You may need to work with an agency that sells specialty/high end car insurance.
- Warranty. The limited warranty covers 3 years, unlimited miles, and includes roadside assistance – so you won’t need to purchase that within a separate policy. The powertrain warranty is a perk, too, covering the cost of replacing or repairing a malfunctioning engine, transmission and/or drivetrain for 3 years and unlimited miles. If you still want more, try the 12-year extended warranty.
McLaren 570S car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Does the McLaren 570S qualify for discounts?
While the McLaren was built with a focus on power and sports car sexiness, it does have some safety features that could qualify for safety discounts and antitheft discounts. These include:
- Front impact airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Rigid carbon fiber chassis
- Satellite navigation
- Optional rear-view camera system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Anti-theft security system
Why is insurance so high for McLaren 570S?
The Mclaren 570S costs more to insure because it’s a lightweight, high-performance luxury coupe making it a high-risk for insurance companies. Its large engine and premium British parts are more expensive to repair adding to already high costs.
How reliable is the McLaren 570S?
With an acceleration capacity of 204 mph in 3.1 seconds, the McLaren wasn’t exactly designed for driving inside the lines. But in general, McLaren has a reputation for building well-designed sports cars.
- Safety. The 570S isn’t rated by the IIHS or NHTSA. Since it’s not a mainstream car, it may be lower on the list for safety testing versus other vehicles. Still, the steering wheel is notable for its sensitivity and accuracy, putting the driver in full command of the vehicle.
- Reliability. There aren’t any overwhelming customer complaints, and in general McLaren has a reputation for making cool cars for speedy drivers.
- Recalls. McLaren’s a relatively young company, so its recall history is short. In the last couple of years, some of its models have been recalled for faulty airbags, but the 570S has stayed in the clear for now.
McLarens are known for being sexy, not cheap, so don’t expect to cut costs on the insurance. To find the best deal, be sure to compare your car insurance options before purchasing a policy.
Frequently asked questions about the McLaren 570S
Read more on this topic
Compare Amica vs USAA car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Amica or USAA?
BMW X2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your BMW X2.
Compare Safeco vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Safeco or State Farm?
Audi S4 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Audi S4.
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Ask an Expert