Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
McLaren 720S car insurance rates
How to get the best insurance for your McLaren 720S
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
With an MSRP of just under $300,000, the McLaren 720S can be costly to insure, with costs ranging from $500 to $1,000 a month on average. Your insurance options won’t be as broad as they would be for other makes and models, since not every insurer will cover luxury sports cars.
Compare McLaren 720S quotes
McLaren 720S car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare insurance for the McLaren 720S
The insurance rate for a McLaren 720S can vary greatly, depending on your insurance company. And you might qualify for more discounts than you’ll see with an online quote form. If you’re searching for the best mix of coverage options and value to insure your high-end sports car, it’s worthwhile to compare several providers to make sure you’re getting the best value for your money.
When comparing your insurance options for your McLaren 720S, consider these factors:
- Price. The cost of insurance is often one of the top factors when choosing an insurance provider. However, with an expensive car like the McLaren 720S, you want to make sure you’re getting enough coverage so you don’t end up with hefty out-of-pocket repair costs.
- Deductible. Although taking a higher deductible could help to lower your monthly car insurance payment, make sure you’re prepared to pay that amount out of pocket in case you need to file a claim.
- Coverage amount. When insuring a high-end vehicle, you’ll likely want to compare coverage options that go above and beyond the state minimum requirements. With a price tag that’s near $300,000, you might want to opt for collision coverage for your McLaren 720S to pay for expensive repairs. And if you live in an area prone to theft or flooding, comprehensive coverage could help protect your sports car, too.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. If you get in an accident, there’s a good chance that the other driver’s insurance policy won’t provide enough coverage for the cost of repairs to your McLaren 720S. Consider upping your UIM coverage to cover the gap.
What factors affect car insurance for the McLaren 720S?
High-performance sports cars like the McLaren 720S can be expensive to insure, both because repairs can be pricey and because they’re often driven at higher speeds. If you have multiple vehicles, you might get a better rate if you put the McLaren on a separate policy. And while you might be able to unlock anti-theft and other safety discounts, you’re still likely to pay a pretty penny to insure this supercar.
Beyond the make and model of your vehicle, other factors that affect your car insurance rate include your age, marital status, credit, address and more. If you race your car on a private track, your insurance options could be limited, as many insurance companies won’t cover cars that actively race.
Does the McLaren 720S qualify for discounts?
Aside from locking in a new car discount, the McLaren 720S also comes equipped with a long list of safety features that could help to cut down your rates, including:
- Electronic stability control
- Roll stability control
- Anti-lock braking system and driveline traction control
- Side impact beams
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Back-up camera
- Tire-specific low pressure warning
- Dual-stage airbags
- Restricted driving mode
- Pretensioner seat belts
Reliability and safety ratings for the McLaren 720S
- Safety. Although official safety and reliability ratings are not yet available for the McLaren 720S, this sports car is equipped with a number of special safety features.
- Reliability. In online reviews, a handful of McLaren owners have given this vehicle two thumbs up when it comes to reliability, although you may experience some quirks, such as the gas gauge being slow to update or the driver’s seat controls temporarily not working.
- Maintenance. It might come as no surprise, but McLarens can be incredibly expensive to maintain. The manufacturer estimates the annual running costs to be around $30,000, while an oil change will cost you about $8,000.
About the McLaren 720S
Bruce McLaren, founder of McLaren Automotive, won his first race when he was just 15 years old with a race car he built out of a 1929 Austin Ulster that his father gave him. Though McLaren died in a car accident in 1970, his designs and testing eventually led to the creation of the first carbon fiber car.
Looking for other car brands? Compare insurance for other cars like the McLaren 720S.
Insuring a high-performance vehicle like the McLaren 720S isn’t cheap, especially since you’ll likely want to insure this car for more than the state minimum requirements. And not only does its hefty price tag of nearly $300,000 make it expensive to repair, but its status as a supercar means you’re more likely to be seen as a high-risk driver who’s more likely to speed.
Compare car insurance providers to find one that’s willing to cover your luxury sports car and offers the most competitive coverage and rates.
Frequently asked questions about the McLaren 720S
More guides on Finder
Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
How much will I get from disability insurance?
Disability insurance typically pays out between 40% and 80% of your income, but will depend on the type of policy you have.
Heacock Classic car insurance review October 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Oct 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
How much does pet insurance cost for different dog breeds?
Track down your dog’s insurance cost and learn which characteristics play into your pup’s health risks.
September is a popular month to purchase life insurance — here’s why
We sat down with the CEO of Life Happens to discuss Life Insurance Awareness Month — and why it’s resonating more in 2020.
Life insurance for people with anxiety
Having anxiety might result in higher life insurance rates, but you can get coverage with most companies.
Compare Auto Insurance
Get cheap car insurance rates.
Acceptance car insurance review Oct 2020
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
Ask an Expert